[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you force yourself to draw? I get tired after few hours

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 00197045_544x306.jpg (141KB, 544x306px) Image search: [Google]
00197045_544x306.jpg
141KB, 544x306px
How do you force yourself to draw? I get tired after few hours of watching video lessons with occasional sketches. It is not enough for my improvement, I need to do at least as twice work as I do now, how do I force myself? Can't drink coffee btw.
>>
It's hard to force it drawing. What works best for me is removing distractions if I'm not drawing In photoshop.

Start with just stupid doodles or what ever. You're not warmed up yet. Doodles are fun, which is important. If you're enjoying it start putting studies onto the page. Then Just keeping going. Work on your weak points.

Biggest thing is being able to enjoy what you're doing which is why playing a game is easier than drawing. Instant gratification.
>>
>>2749015

I take drugs and meditate. Works quite well, but it ain't the healthiest thing.
>>
>>2749015
block your access to distractions. if you're lazy, use that to your advantage and make it slightly difficult/time consuming to get your distractions back. there's an extension for chrome for example called StayedFocused that has a nuclear option where it will block every website for 24 hours, and there's no way to undo it once it's done.
>>
>>2749026

Which drugs?
I also meditate (not op)
>>
>>2749015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOJTbWC-ULc
>>
File: 1421962212877.jpg (23KB, 570x422px) Image search: [Google]
1421962212877.jpg
23KB, 570x422px
>regularly hear advice that cleaning your desk up can help you focus on your work, and my desk is a fucking mess
>spend like 3 hours cleaning my desk, drawers, rearranging all my supplies, and all sorts of other shit
>Don't feel like drawing now

At least I'm well set up for tomorrow I guess.
>>
>>2749034

Thanks for this, going to do this.

I ordered Scott Robertson how to render to go along with how to draw. I downloaded all the design document books for dark souls series + bloodborne.

Pretty much going to ban myself from the internet.

For every 10 hours of work I can have 20 minutes of free internet use.

Going to make it.

I don't know man,, everything is so difficult. Feels like a year went passed and I have done nothing. 27 and it feels like I have accomplished nothing.
>>
you just say that you will draw for just half an hour. If you quit after half an hour, you just wont draw more today. Some days when you feel it, you will naturally draw more.
>>
File: 7CjBH7q.jpg (246KB, 1920x1282px) Image search: [Google]
7CjBH7q.jpg
246KB, 1920x1282px
>>2749041

Modafinil works the best for me, if I want constant focus and the ability to read/watch videos and draw for 5 hours straight, without breaks. Drug last like 11 hours for me

Dexamphetamine is better when you need that euphoria and rush of creative ideas. This one only lasts 2.5 hours for me.
I don't know if ADHD is real, I am very skeptical of it, but I do know that the drugs prescribed for it work wonders if you aim is increasing productivity. I can probably advance more content in a week on drugs than I could in 5 months off of it, mostly because I continue partaking in avoidance behaviors that are incredibly hard to break without stimulants.

I sound like a very unstable individual, so I think it is probably best if you don't follow my advice. I am quite lost myself.
>>
>>2749138
> I downloaded all the design document books for dark souls series + bloodborne.

Link please?
>>
File: 1456576748604.jpg (135KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
1456576748604.jpg
135KB, 500x521px
>>2749138
>>2749634

I sincerely hope this new plan of yours works for you, but based on my experiences I do not believe it will. I've been here asking for advice too, promising myself this time around would be different, just to find myself a week after back in the same avoidance routine.

The only thing that has worked for me so far, is not exercise, eating healthy and meditation (although those can help to some extend) what has worked for me was ADHD meds.

I am not a Doctor, but I know how much it sucks seeing years pass as you can get yourself to do anything, so maybe you could consider talking with your doc, see what he thinks about it.

I really hope I am wrong, good luck, Anon.
>>
>>2749634
post your work
>>
A comfortable daily routine helps. Sitting down with your favorite playlist easing your imagination,an aromatic beverage at your side (tons of herbal teas without caffeine to try,as long as it smells invitingly),and a sheet of blank paper,like a map to an undiscovered country inviting you to fill in the details.
>>
>>2749657

I've nothing relevant to show yet, I've got back into drawing this last week, after seeing the success I had following routines with the meds. I got into drawing 4 years ago, and I've never managed to go past basic perspective drawing.

Knowing this, I believe I'll be able to see a very good progress next year when look back. I feel like a completely new Anon on meds.

Anyone with similar experiences in here?
>>
>>2749015
I have a giant list of reference images, and I can just bash out a few quickly if I'm getting bored of a piece/studying a particular subject.

Starting drawing just gets easier with practice. It's drawing for 4+ hours that gets me. Or longer than 30 minutes if I'm hungry or tired.
>>
>>2749671
same but without any meds or drugs. I got into drawing 4 or 5 years ago but I never finished any basic training and I just have been repeating the same mistakes over and over. I am 22 now and I feel like its time for a change. A good change.
>>
>>2749693
Oh and I always blast music at full fucking volume into my ears so I can't hear myself think, I get kinda fidgety and distracted if I'm left with my own thoughts.

Art is kinda easy like that. Can't pull that shit with writing or programming, you need to think constantly, instead of quick bursts of "that looks wrong/stupid/boring" and course correcting. But with the former two you're occupied anyway.

Bandcamp is my goto for music steaming. Used to be YouTube, but then they changed their algorithms or something and now it just keeps recommending the same fucking songs to me.
>>
>>2749697

Do you believe you'll succeed this time around?
>>
>>2749706
I dont want to keep the attitude of "this time I will be victorious for sure!!!!" so I am still skeptical but I have made some progress since I started 2 weeks ago. That kind of progress I never had before.

I am yet to get proper discipline so I dont know man.
>>
>>2749711

Well, I sincerely hope you do find the way to keep going. But if you don't, well, know that meds are a possibility and that they tend to work quite well.

Good luck, Anon.
>>
>>2749718
thanks, I hope the same for you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.