[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow... This is sad. Like real sad. If you're 25 and still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: carmenherrera_1.jpg (118KB, 1050x615px) Image search: [Google]
carmenherrera_1.jpg
118KB, 1050x615px
Wow... This is sad. Like real sad. If you're 25 and still didn't make it, you're done. You won't find any succesful artists with good painting/drawing skills that started late in their life.
>>
except for vincent van gogh
>>
>>2748647
Except he was drawing since he was a kid. He only started to paint when he was like 27, and although he's one of my favorite artists, it is clear that most of his works aren't really good.
>>
>>2748647
he only got success after he died.
>>
File: 1460315549767.jpg (42KB, 542x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460315549767.jpg
42KB, 542x960px
>>2748676
not true

>>2748623
keep telling you this OP, keep going wasting your time with excuses. you're obviously a troll, but let's pretend you're real.
first of all, I never understood what people meant with 'making it'. being happy with your situation and just drawing? I was already there as a young kid.
or could you mean earning your money within the film/game industry?
well I've been working in an animation studio as a concept artist for a year now. I am 30 years old & about 3 years ago I decided to really learn how to draw, perspective, color theory, animate and so on. so you're wrong again.
and I am just starting out, I keep working on my skills, I have bigger projects in mind and I am having fun.
oh I also lost my virginity last year and since then I've been fucking non-stop.
granted, it's my cat, but that's not the point.

it's up to you
>>
>>2748647
>>2748653
>>2748691
Except Carmen Herrera wich is on OP's picture?
>>
If you're only drawing in order to 'make it', you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>2748698
>with good painting/drawing skills
>carmen herrera
>>
File: 5464564565646.jpg (150KB, 1427x559px) Image search: [Google]
5464564565646.jpg
150KB, 1427x559px
>>
>>2748702
you think rapoza started late?
>>
>>2748653
Everyone has been drawing when they were kids though.
>>
>>2748691
>well I've been working in an animation studio as a concept artist for a year now

Post your work, otherwise stop posting lies.

Here is a truth for you; majority of people who start late (after 25) have a very low chance of making it. At 39 it's basically over. There is a reason, however, why old people can be good at art. Because people in their golden years are retired and have unlimited time to enjoy themselves. Time is essentially the main ingredient to become good, and when you are young you have plenty of it and no responsibilities + a healthy brain. This is a fact of life.
>>
>>2748707
>39
my stubby fingeres, I meant 30+
>>
>>2748709
>fingeres
I mean...fuck I need breakfast FUCK but there is nothing in the fridge so hungry
>>
>>2748705
But he's been drawing throughout his whole life
>>2748691
>not true
whoa, what an argument
>>
>>2748711
>But he's been drawing throughout his whole life

He must have been exceptionally untalented then because he sucked for most of his life. Kind of proves that drawing since childhood is overrated. If you'e been drawing since childhood and you aren't at a professional level before the age of 16, you should probably quit. You'll never be able to compete with all those talented guys who started in their late teens / early 20s and went from beginner to professional in a couple of years.
>>
>>2748707
what's the difference between a 20 year old NEET and 30 year old? assuming you don't have kids, no relationship, no friends, no job, and are somehow still being fully supported by your parents or a spouse that puts up with your shit, and have all the free time to spend the next 2-4~ years just drawing for all your waking hours. do they have the same chance at making it?
>>
>>2748707
>>2748710
>>2748709

Here's the real truth for you. The number 1 thing that will determine whether or not you can make it is..... intelligence and aptitude.

If Ruanjia started drawing right now this very moment for the first time in his life, he would surpass you in 1 year tops. You clearly don't have the brain capacity to get good at art and you know this, which is why you focus so much on age and making up arbitrary numbers.
>>
>>2748724
20 year old NEET is in the best position provided they have work ethic but most NEETs are lazy and take their blessing for granted. If you are 30 and for some reason still living at home you need to worry about taking care of that rather than painting pictures.

>>2748725

>You clearly don't have the brain capacity to get good at art and you know this

You don't even know me, my dude. I can still retain things like a child.
>>
>>2748725
Ruan Jia has been drawing for 16+ years. It's 100% hard work and mileage.
>>
>>2748725
intelligence is a meme in terms of art. Too many times i have met idiots who can create stunning pieces
>>
>>2748735
There are hundreds of thousands of deviant art kids who've been drawing for 16+ years and they are as terrible as it gets. Obviously mileage is what ultimately makes you good, but only if you have the intelligence and aptitude to spend that time effectively and get something out of it.

Bottom line is, if you are an idiot like this guy >>2748731 then it doesn't matter when you started or how long you've been drawing, you are most likely never going to become good at it.
On the other hand, a person who has the talent and intelligence can easily get good regardless what age they start at, provided they still have the time to put in the mileage.
>>
>>2748743
>There are hundreds of thousands of deviant art kids who've been drawing for 16+ years and they are as terrible as it gets

Love the deviantart meme. You'll have bad art on all platforms. In truth, many of those kids there are better artists than everyone in the /beg/ thread in terms of creativity because they don't let the whole "loomis" meme get to them thus they make appealing works other kids their age enjoy. They don't stop drawing. Yes this hugbox nature is cancerous from 4chan perspective but when you look at it from their view it motivates them and then that is when you see 2-4 years later they're the ones making the patreon bucks and working at blizzard by 18 in the end with impeccable art.

Of course we can strawman and find comparison images like "draw this again" but that does not define the entirety of that site.
>>
>>2748743
How were you able to determine that? Is your art shitty, and you're just making excuses, or are you highly intelligent or atleast that's what you keep telling yourself and you think if you start tomorrow you'll be ok? Or maybe you're super good or atleast decent and that's where your theory comes from?Would you care to show me your progress on artwork? I'm not trying to be condescending, i want a little insight.
>>
>>2748752
>>2748743
Oh and btw, if you don't post your work, even if it's crappy, your opinion doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>2748753
oh really you fucking retard? well let me find a nice pic. fuck you, gimme a moment, I am on my phone atm
fucking child
>>
>>2748760
anon never delivers
>>
>>2748760
typical
>>
>>2748761
I am running up the stairs maggot, prepare to be in awe
>>
>be ron ranson
>be not OP
>starts at 50+
>won multiple international watercolor awards
>wrote watercolor books /ic/ has read
>invented the big brush technique that people uses nowadays
>wears a badass eyepatch
>>
>>2748753
booting up the computer. fuckidy dickidy
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (571KB, 916x1100px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
571KB, 916x1100px
>>2748761
>>2748753
>>
>>2748770

Nice work. So you work at 4chan shitposting studios in Orlando Florida?
>>
>>2748623
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>2748760
how much longer do i have to wait faggot?
>>
>>2748770
havent seen this in a while
>>
>mfw 25 in exactly 1 month

THIS IS IT IM GONNA MAKE IT
>>
I turned 19 last month. I've never wanted to art before recently so I have no skill whatsoever here. If I were to actually put effort into art, could I get good?
>>
>>2748623
Jokes on you, I never was planning to make it, I paint purely for the fun of it. I still want to have good skills because it makes it easier to paint whatever I want.
>>
>>2749899
yeah, but know that it won't be magically easy because you're young. the neuroplasticity meme doesn't apply, because you still have to practice if you want to be good. you also have to evaluate the quality of your work objectively to improve, which is discouraging if you attach your ego to it. your bad drawings will vastly outnumber good ones

>>2749911
>I paint purely for the fun of it.
this is what worked in my case, i just didn't care if i sucked and kept drawing for the fun of it. now i'm getting better
>>
start at 25 - http://www.rogeradams.ca/

start at 32 - http://neechart.blogspot.my/?m=1
>>
age doesn't matter.

Look at Eyvin Earl. He got his Disney gig when he was in his 40's after painting for decades.

he directed the background art for sleeping beauty. what a legend.
>>
>>2750125

How old is TJ Wright now?
>>
>>2749742

im gonna make it in your butt
>>
>tfw about to be 20 soon
I-Is there still time?
>>
>>2750189
Of course, life doesn't start until 25.
>>
>>2750178
The reward is getting good.
>>
>>2750189
THATS PERFECT TIMING MAN.
>>
File: The_Play_Scene_in_Hamlet.jpg (416KB, 1600x1002px) Image search: [Google]
The_Play_Scene_in_Hamlet.jpg
416KB, 1600x1002px
Edwin Austin Abbey started painting roughly around 30-40's.
>>
>tfw you are almost 22
>still a beginner

just end my life famalam
>>
>>2750164
>background art for Sleeping Beauty

Fuck I love the art in that movie so much. Good to know that he started late, thanks.
>>
>>2750274
don't get it confused. he started when he was young. but his art career took off in his 40's with Disney.
>>
>>2750278

AH, FUCK.
>>
>>2750256

This fills me a bit with hope, but americans are non-artists so I have mixed feelings about this. Burne-Jones is actually one of my favorite artists (he did drawings since 15), I wish to paint like pre-raphaelities some day.
>>
>>2750301
>but americans are non-artists
Eh?

I mean I understand loathing pop art but they were responsible for carrying on Monet's legacy with Decorative Impressionism and the Charleston Renaissance, as well as pioneering plein airs with Hudson River School or plain being good with Northwest School.

Then you have contemporary American artists like James Gurney who have been nothing but a boon to international art students.

Bit of a ridiculous statement, dude.
>>
>>2750278
It's okay, I started young too but haven't made it anywhere at all. Gives me hope that I can between now and like 50 if I manage to stay alive.
>>
>>2750171
41 years old this year.
>>
>>2750314
I don't get why everyone is in such a rush to "make it".

not everyone successful artist has to be an entrepreneur.
>>
>>2750424
Because there's a chance that if you don't make it young, you might get stuck in some other random situation forever.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.