[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all started art because it was magic to us. But the more

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: the_magician.jpg (796KB, 977x1250px) Image search: [Google]
the_magician.jpg
796KB, 977x1250px
We all started art because it was magic to us.

But the more you learn, the more you realize its a craft and the magic is lost.

How do you deal with this /ic?
>>
I bend spoons on the side.
>>
File: CreatorMickey.gif (411KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
CreatorMickey.gif
411KB, 500x388px
>>2748536
It's still magic to me. My ability fluctuates so much I could wake up one day and it's like all the years I've spent learning to draw never happened and the next day be drawing something that seems beyond my experience. I don't know how the fuck this thing works.
>>
>>2748536

If you can't find magic and joy in craft you chose, theb you should reconsider about your hobbies/crafts
>>
>>2748536
I only got into art once I realized that it was a solid craft and not some whimsical faggot magic that required the stars to align for you to be good at it.

So I guess it's all about attitude.
>>
>>2748536
For me its about finding what you want to say, instead of how you're trying to say it.
>>
>>2748536

Push yourself to create magic
>>
>>2748536
You instead come to appreciate good work.
>>
the only thing that's important is that you learn to enjoy the process. it's the biggest challenge but if you can do that, you can go how far you want
>>
>>2748536
It's about learning to love everything related to it.
Process, mistakes, the craft itself, the experience you get when a gud piece is finished.

This is not about loving gay magic.
This is human.
>>
>>2748536
>We all started art because it was magic to us.
speak for youself
>>
>>2748601
>>2748603

Learn to love process? Learn to enjoy drawing?
Did you also have to learn how to love your girlfriend?

Don't fool yourself. You can't LEARN to love drawing or enjoy it. What you most people on /ic is doing is FORCING themself to enjoy/love art when you finally figured out you actually have to enjoy this.
But you will soon realize that forcing to live something is not the same as naturally love something.

What you are doing is pathetic act. You are trying to fool yourself that you love something which naturally you don't. Ego wants to believe that you live drawing, but deep inside you know you don't.

Change hobby or you will regret spending years on forcing yourself to love something which you should love naturally.
>>
>>2748610
Lmao who is this guy
>>
>>2748610
Are you autistic?
>>
>>2748611
>>2748612

I've hurt your ego by telling you a truth. That explaimes your replies and vice versa
>>
>>2748613
jokes on u faggo i dont even draw
>>
File: 1470830907217.gif (338KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
1470830907217.gif
338KB, 538x572px
>>2748610
>Did you also have to learn how to love your girlfriend?
Do you actually believe in love at first sight?
lmao
>>
>>2748615

That is suppossed to be joke on me? I feel bad for you>>2748616
>>
>>2748611
>>2748612
>>2748615
>>2748616

Insecurity kicked in
>>
>>2748536
on rare time I feel that magic coming out of myself, when I do that perfect line, or when I add a little line without thinking and my drawing suddenly pop out.

I'm also starting to draw well enough to make myself laugh at the stupid jokes I draw and that very rewarding too.
>>
>>2748610
>Did you also have to learn how to love your girlfriend?
To be honest, yes. Sure, I had a crush on her first. She was fascinating me and I had a crush on her. I was in love, but more with the concept than herself. When we got together I learned to see the human behind her pretty shell. To accept her faults. To trust her.

It's not so different with art. When you start you have all these beautiful ideas in mind and you are intrigued with the concept of drawing. Then reality grabs you and bitch slaps the shit out of you.
Art, much like my girlfriend, was more than it first seemed. It had aspects I didn't expect. That I didn't like at first. Problems I had to confront and solve. But once I built up trust and accept art for what it was, I eased into it and found pleasures in things I thought I didn't like. In fact, drawing is more fun than ever for me and I'm eager to spend my time with it and learn about it every day.

tl;dr: Art is your girlfriend, anon.
>>
File: magician.jpg (76KB, 790x1242px) Image search: [Google]
magician.jpg
76KB, 790x1242px
>>2748610
>>2748658

I think a better comparison would be learning to love women in general.

If you're straight, you are sexually attracted to the female body and you cant do anything about it. You can pretend you like guys, but if it goes against your nature you will find nothing but misery in this.

And working out the kinks in an intimate relationship is definitely very important, but if its not built upon natural desire, it will eventually fall apart.
>>
>>2748662
>I think a better comparison would be learning to love women in general.
What are you, /r9k/?
>>
File: 1478676181738.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478676181738.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>2748610

That's not true, passion can be cultivated through effort. As one becomes more experienced with the trade, one is also able to appreciate it more, find what one really enjoys about it.

You don't born being passionate about ''x' or ''y''. Stop trying to make feel people insecure for no good reason.
>>
>>2748536
make really really good art. and the magic feeling will come back.
>>
>>2748619
you are the one who sounds insecure though. I mean, you might now be aware but this post here >>2748610 reads 100% like self-projection.

You hate art, you gave up on ever making it, now you want to convince others to join you in your miserable, dark pit. There is literally no way anyone who loves art and is not depressed would ever write what you just wrote there.
>>
>>2748536
>the more you learn the more you realize the magic is gone.

How long have you been learning OP?
You know the reason we learn things is to apply it.
I think you've been so caught up in learning you don't actually venture out by yourself in working as much as you ahould be.
>>
>>2748536
Why is it wrong to treat it like a craft? Do electricians or blue collar disdain the fact that what they're doing is a craft, and not magic?

illustration and concept art has such fundamental variety and expansiveness that it's hard to be bored for long. Open up your viewpoint. It's a good craft for people who are head over heels for art as well as those who have a good passion for art but love to learn about different things.
>>
>>2748536
But that's the best part. It's all fair. Proper dedicated hard work.
>>
>>2748610
I'm not forcing myself to love anything. Learning to love something that can't be perfect is the one thing that teaches us to truly accept ourselves as human.

We are not perfect, therefore we won't make perfect things.

Do you really believe mullins likes and loves each one of his pieces? Or ruan jia? Or kim? They don't love each and every one because they keep trying to reach perfection until they don't.

Satisfaction is what we are looking for. But with ourselves and nothing more. What you think of yourself will reflect into your work. And If you believe you to be able then your art will be able
>>
>>2748536
What are you even talking about?

The more I learn, the more I love it. I keep getting increasingly awestruck by good art. I can get lost in a picture like never before. Drawing is the one thing that can take me away from my shit life and into a world of endless possibilities. It's fucking amazing and I feel legitimately sorry for normalfags who'll never get to know this feeling.
>>
File: 1476566134635.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476566134635.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>the more you realize its a craft and the magic is lost

Not an argument. in fact the "magic" increases as you learn more.
>>
>>2749025
I cannot agree more with you.

>>2748536
If you're disappointed with how art seems to become for you, maybe you need to take a step back from it for a while, and think.
>>
>>2748610
actually going to agree with this guy. so many people complain about things like having no motivation, or wanting advice on how to "become" more artsy. art is about losing yourself to creation because you think it is fun and relaxing and if you find drawing frustrating or tiresome, and you have no motivation to draw, why the fuck do you keep doing it? like, honestly, why the fuck are you trying to force yourself into a hobby? doesnt sound like a good time to me. if i try something different and all it does is stress me out, i tend to not torture myself for hours trying to get good at it.
>>
>>2748536
I see it as a challenge now, I like challenges
>>
it is a witchcraft, magic and art at the same time
>>
>>2749357
I think you're being too categorical. everyone loves to draw when they're young because there's no ego involved. when you get older it gets messier. there's pressure, pressure to become good, pressure to make money, and that pressure can suffocate you eventually. it can make you depressed and you lose your motivation
that's what I meant by learning to love the process. having something to look forward to in life is a great thing but it's also the biggest challenge
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.