[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I even begin drawing this in 3d from the viewpoint outlined

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: anArt.png (13KB, 732x532px) Image search: [Google]
anArt.png
13KB, 732x532px
How do I even begin drawing this in 3d from the viewpoint outlined by the blue lines? How the fuck do I know where to place the vanishing points for the bed and the table?

P.S. Yes - I read "Perspective Made Easy" - in the trash it goes. The only chapter I wanted (where to place VPs) didn't explain shit.
>>
File: art.jpg (154KB, 775x1080px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
154KB, 775x1080px
>>2744507

I managed to scrounge up this from some book that actually should have been recommended, but I don't get it.
>>
>>2744507
Don't worry about perspective too much when not too many lines are involved. Just go into a room like this and draw it as you see it. Don't try to start from the mechanical and go to the natural, estimate what you see and the natural until it looks right, then use mechanical calculations to double check.

If you get seriously anal about mechanicanical exactness you are going to end up putting a small drawing on a wall and measuring out to a point far away to try to match the actual perspective points, I don't really recommend this.
>>
>>2744513
>>2744513

I think autism is the way to do it for me - I am never going to be a great artist, I don't have / am unwilling to put in the time, but I want to be passable, and understanding the "geometry" (for lack of a better word - the autistic way essentially) seems like the best way to be passable (for myself).
>>
>>2744507
you could do it using the deprecated, laborious way putting 2, 3 vps, or a curvilinear perspective, if you're into that, guess some measures, or do them right using some heavy geometrical construction,

or

you can do that same shit in blender way easier, stop worring about the correct perspective, and focus on how do you want the picture to look
>>
ERIK OLSON'S PERSPECTIVE SERIES

Seriously I don't know why those aren't recommended more, they are tedious but if you want to learn perspective that's as good as it gets.
>>
File: 1479190418.png (91KB, 861x706px) Image search: [Google]
1479190418.png
91KB, 861x706px
>>2744507
I think I've got it OP. Had to do some guessing of dimensions and location of the picture plane, also centered the direction of view to face directly at the far corner, and placed a picture frame.

When placing VPs you have to consider what angle the lines that converge to a VP physically strikes the stationary point at. I'm fairly certain this is covered somewhere in Perspective Made Easy or some other perspective book.

I've been doing a lot of reading and watching and experimenting with perspective for the past week so tear me a new one /ic/
>>
>>2744625
aw fuck, this is actually wrong. This depicts a situtation where the stationary point is outside the room, as indicated by placing the closest corner of the room on the 90 deg cone of vision.
>>
File: 1479215911.png (161KB, 806x800px) Image search: [Google]
1479215911.png
161KB, 806x800px
>>2744625
alright I revised it
>>
>>2744625
>>2744862

OP here, good shit, saved. What was the best source for you? You are further along than I am. The funny thing is that the windows and mattress I imagined look exactly like that.

>>2744548

I will check it out, thanks.
>>
>>2744548

Anywhere specific to watch it?
>>
>>2745504
newmasters academy or "borrow it"
>>
File: 1479271160.png (495KB, 1058x687px) Image search: [Google]
1479271160.png
495KB, 1058x687px
>>2745486
>What was the best source for you?
There is no one source for me, some sources emphasised technique and their applications and others focused on the verbose geometric theories behind techniques, some focused on architecture more than illustration. I nitpicked whatever I found interesting among Olson's vids, Vandruff vids, the books by Scott Robertson, D'Amelio, Norling, Storey, some other really old authors I forgot (there's a lot of them on archive.org), and also MacEvoy's handprint website. pic related is a spread from D'Amelio
>>
>>2745504
>I will check it out, thanks.
New Master's Academy, which you have to pay for, or you have to find it through other means.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.