[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A painting I'm making. It's still a work in progress.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (214KB, 637x907px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 637x907px
A painting I'm making.
It's still a work in progress.

Thoughts?
>>
not sure about the background color. figure is interesting, but that green in the back is so boring.
>>
push your lights and use appealing colors. this painting is fixable but i highly suspect you have no idea how to fix it.
>>
>>2744272

The form reads surprisingly well considering how muddy everything is.
>>
File: option.jpg (522KB, 637x907px) Image search: [Google]
option.jpg
522KB, 637x907px
>>2744272
this would look better. the anatomy of your figure is too sterile and recognizable for it to be abstract. and the colors are just downright bad. paint something like this. it'll be more appealing. but you probably dont know how to paint something like this.
>>
>>2744294
>colors are just downright bad
>adds a garish orange background
It can only be Brian
>>
>>2744294
Yeah that looks soooo goood
>>
>>2744294
What the fuck Brian. You completely ruined the mood of the original. baka
>>
>>2744352
the mood being? "shitty painting"?
>>
>>2744304
maybe if OP could pick better colors for his palette other than white, ultramarine blue, pthalo green, and black this wouldn't be a problem. his whole figure is basically white and black. this painting is terrible and OP has no clue what he is doing.
>>
>>2744386
I dunno, this >>2744294 looks like someone who has no idea about harmony or shape.
>>
>>2744378
>not understanding tonal keys
Please stop being retarded.
>>
>>2744272
figure is interesting, shame for that shitty brownish green background
>>
>>2744508
no anon, that's the mood. you just don't get emotional art.
>>
>>2744272
Really cool as is. Don't listen to these other fuckheads.
>>
>>2744272
looks like a charred corpse that has been decomposing for 3 months in a paint factory that burnt down.
>>
>>2744272
You posted this before, silly
>>
>>2744605
Yeah but I changed it a lot since I last posted it.

>>2744582
Thanks dude. Don't worry, I'm not really. I mostly posted it out of sheer curiosity. I'm on dat Ralph Waldo Emerson self-reliance shit. I don't rly care if ppl like it or dislike it, but it is interesting to hear other ppl's opinions and interpretations
>>
The background makes me think or rotting and decay. It all comes together in an ugly, morbid fashion.
>>
>>2744272
The figure in the foreground doesn't really pop out from the background. It seems more like there is a color field standing on top of the figures shoulders..

I also think the vignette effect you've done on the background creates a shape that highlights how it seems like something is placed or standing on the figures shoulders.

All this makes the painting come of as flat.
>>
>>2744272
What is it?
I'm both intrigued, and frightened.
>>
>>2745005
It's a self portrait
>>
>>2744272
I like it. Not a huge fan of the "dispersing light" background but I love the figure and paint work. Reminds me of Frank Auerbach and Alberto Giacometti
>>
>>2744281
Not OP but I reckon the light on the person's left side of their face is pretty good contrast

The blue on the chest gives a nice collar look
>>
>>2745495
Giacometti is a huge inspiration for me. I hadn't heart of Aurbach, so thanks for that. his stuff looks awesome
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.