[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you feel like something doesn't click?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

What do you do when you feel like something doesn't click?
I love art. I love viewing it, seeing the process, the people behind it, etc. But when I draw I don't feel any joy at all, just the knowledge that I'm missing something, but don't know what.
It's awful to think that there's something preventing you from meeting your full potential. How do I work to find out what it is? Is it even possible?
>>
Honestly anon, there isn't a single right answer.

Some people are going to say "If you don't enjoy the process you're never going to make it" and they're right to an extent. My belief, however, is that being a beginner is very rarely fun anyway. If you're self aware of how shit you are, it's going to suck for a while. For months, maybe years.

The question is, do you find satisfaction in self improvement? Do you enjoy striving towards a goal, even if the day-to-day can be unpleasant? If so, you can probably reach a point where you start to appreciate the craft and enjoy doing art. It took me a while before the process itself became enjoyable to me, once I was comfortable with the process. My answer to the people who always say "if you don't love every minute of art don't even bother!"and act like they're always having a mindshattering orgasm whenever they draw have their heads up their asses.

Getting good at art is part passion, part discipline. You need the discipline when the passion fails, and it will fail sometimes, guaranteed. If you feel like you're missing something, you're already a step ahead of the legion of retards drawing terrible art and thinking they're hot shit.
>>
Work at it. just like anything you do naturally the difficulty will pass eventually.
>>
>>2743637
Basically this.

Sometimes you find a threshold, a limit, you can't exceed easily, even with some good literature. You should definetly find a coach or go to a class and have someone who can "help" abit.
It helped me alot back then, when I go depressed because I couldn't understand color and it always felt wrong. With a small amount of coaching it just clicked and I felt alot better about myself and I progressed alot faster.
The only hard part is developing your own style, when you have someone coaching you. But you also forget bad habits but lose some of your own direction.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.