[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you dealing with the feeling that you have to learn to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: pep.png (8KB, 580x415px) Image search: [Google]
pep.png
8KB, 580x415px
How are you dealing with the feeling that you have to learn to draw for a few years to make the stuff you want? I want to draw interesting, well rendered characters, but I cant do that with my basic knowledge at the moment. Doing only studies takes the whole fun from me, it becomes a "must do" thing.
>>
>>2743326

your 20s are your experimental years you dumb frog poster so you have plenty of time
>>
>>2743326
just draw faggot or else you're, say it with me boys and girls,

NOT

GONNA

MAKE

IT
>>
>>2743357
What if OP doesn't want to make it?
What if OP just wants to draw for [spoiler]FUN[/spoiler]?
>>
>>2743456
Who is content with not drawing to their best potential? The idea of that eats me from the inside out every day. This is why I practice.
>>
>>2743456
Then why's he so worried about getting good?
>>
File: 1478992999719.jpg (108KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1478992999719.jpg
108KB, 900x973px
I WANT TO DRAW STUFF I LIKE
>>
>>2743472
To use cooking as an analogy, why cook yourself a simple meal instead of studying to become a top tier chef? Because most people can cook but very little can create something special but what they've made suits its purpose. They have hungered for it and so they have created. Enough to fill their appetite. Someone who really cares about art has an endless appetite unable to relate to being "content".
>>
>>2743326
Just take things at your own pace OP. I'm inclined to casual studying but if you're getting too overwhelmed you don't have to push yourself so hard that you hate it. watch tutorial videos, read how to draw books, maybe try to let those things sink in passively? Or if you think the material is too complicated, try pacing it out properly. Focus on one small aspect of your study, think about it seriously at first but then get loose with it before you burn out.
Like if I'm studying the anatomy of a hand I'll look at things like the skeleton and muscles of one, draw those with focus but then I'd do loose scribbles of those same things until I feel comfortable. There's an order you should do things in sure but if you're not pursuing it for a career there's no need to be so strict with yourself. Just studying a little bit will end up feeling really rewarding if you can keep yourself going as long as you can without burning out rather than pushing yourself all at once to learn something.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.