[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A writer is looking for an artist to do a cover for $150

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: e34.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
e34.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
>A writer is looking for an artist to do a cover for $150
>apply
>they like my stuff
>they tell me they would like me to do the cover, the deadline is short so they want to see a sketch as soon as possible and some other demands
>try to stay professional, let them know the 15%-50%-35% payment rule and make them aware I will get started once I receive 15% upfront
>halfway through discussion then suddenly tell me another artist contacted them and are currently in talks with them about the job, they tell me they will make a decision on which artist they go with tommorow

>[get triggerred reading this]

>24 hours later spongebob timecard.jpg

>they contact me saying that they decided to go with me

>I am now tempted to politely decline the offer and make something up like I got offered another project

I know I am being salty and unprofessional at the end but should I go through with it and ignore their unintentional rudeness?
I'm at a stage where I make enough commission money that I can decline working with horrible clients, but at the same time I can see why this can be seeing as a petty reason to do so.
>>
>>2743216
>$150
heh
>>
>>2743216
>unintentional rudeness
Of course you should take the offer. You're an artist, right? Aren't you practically begging for money daily?
>>
>>2743220
exactly
>>2743222
but I make enough (through two successful kickfarters) that I can just drop this offer.
I just wanna know if you would do the same for a reason so petty
>>
>>2743216
personally i would take it because i love money but i can see why youd drop the offer
>>
post your work
>>
File: 2qd339w.jpg (47KB, 445x501px) Image search: [Google]
2qd339w.jpg
47KB, 445x501px
>>2743222
I didnt know baby boomers posted in this board.
>>
>>2743216
>>2743229

Do you hate money? If you want to go for a bitch fit, make awesome illustration that unintentionally looks like a dick but stupid publisher, writer and people won't know until it is way too late.
>>
>>2743239

Actually, don't even do that. Stay professional. Think of it as a challenge. If you can stay professional and be polite in such situation, you can in every other.
>>
>>2743216
Don't accept it, if you don't want to do a job, just don't do it.
>>
>>2743216
Be professional. Unless they really fuck up you should always accept jobs. Even if the pay isn't that great you would still be seen with good eyes by them, meaning that maybe they will suggest you to someone, maybe even someone bigger.
You never know what could happen in this life, especially when you're an artist, now you're doing well but maybe there will be some ugly period when you need money, that's why it's always wise to have acquaintances and have a good name.
Be an adult and be professional, this will always help you
>>
File: startrekjpg-2c0cea3b16b5ab81.jpg (151KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
startrekjpg-2c0cea3b16b5ab81.jpg
151KB, 1024x819px
>>2743216 (OP)
OP that's a little silly. If you consider yourself professional then you know shopping around is just business. You can't take it personal and let it affect you, not because it looks bad but for your own health. There's no need to be so emotionally attached, especially if you're already in such a position as to not really need the money. Whether you go through with this project or not I hope that's something you'll keep in mind, moving forward.
And if you don't do it, please send it to me because I'd love to do a cover and could use some money.
>>
>>2743216
OP, stop being such a faggot. Clients are rude most of the time. Just take the job and enjoy the money
>>
Had they actually offered you the job before they looked at the other one? Because backing out of a "you're hired" to check out a new candidate is pretty shitty. If they were still negotiating with you, there's nothing wrong with them examining their options. For all you know they might have taken the "We wouldn't want to be rude and fuck over the guy we initially offered to" into consideration when making their choice.
>>
>>2743216
why the fuck would you get triggered over this, they got multiple offers and decided to go with you even though they didn't have to, it's not like they told you that shit after you started drawing
>>
>>2743216
The biggest tip off they will be a shit client is that they are only paying 150. The rest of it seems fairly normal, even if it is a bit annoying.
>>
>>2743264
They offered, which is why I was left perplexed as we were discussing cover types and exchanging paypal addresses until they halted the conversation and pulled this

>>2743240
>>2743248
>>2743253
>>2743258

Thanks, I'm going to go through with it, I think it will be a good exercise in professionalism
>>
>>2743290
Good on ya mate.
>>
>still hasnt posted his work

pathetic, thread closed
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.