[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What type of painting is this called? Me and my friend made

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161113_131806712.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_131806712.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
What type of painting is this called?

Me and my friend made this when we were 12 one summer day and we didn't really know any concepts of art or anything like that (still don't really) .

I have some closer pics of certain parts if you guys dig this and want to see the smaller details
>>
File: composition-with-pouring-ii(1).jpg (250KB, 910x1024px) Image search: [Google]
composition-with-pouring-ii(1).jpg
250KB, 910x1024px
>>2743214
abstract expressionism. really, really shitty abstract expressionism.
>>
>>2743224
Ok I'm sorry. How can I be better? Even it sucks I'm always gonna keep that one exactly as is out of nostalgia and love , and cause it was with my bro!!!!

Can't imagine there are rules for the abstract but I would still like to learn anything
>>
>>2743226
look at the pic I posted. they didn't use every color of the rainbow, randomly. they have a cohesive palette, colors that repeat throughout the image and create a sort of rhythm. the layers of paint are distinct, not mixed together into mud, and there is a general sense of movement to the composition.
>>
>>2743233
>cohesive
>rhythm
>movement
Why are these things important?

>mud
why is this bad?
>>
>>2743236
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetics
>>
>>2743243
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetics
You take someone else's word for what looks good over your own sensibilities ?
>>
>>2743233
You're judging this like a 12 year old on his first trip to a gallery
>>
>>2743279
and it still was too high concept for OP to understand. see >>2743236
>>
it might have sentimental value but except that it's fucking worthless

have good day
>>
>>2743247
whose word is that? aesthetics is the study of those sensibilities. the point is 'why do things look good?' is not a simple question.
>>
>>2743214
>>2743224
a pile of shit only suckers fall for
>>
File: circumcison.jpg (656KB, 902x763px) Image search: [Google]
circumcison.jpg
656KB, 902x763px
>>2743361
wow ur smarter than everyone. I'm pretty impressed, so I'll discard my own tastes in art and just like what you like.
>>
>>2743294
>>2743279
>>2743280
Its not that I don't understand, I just think you kind of people, probably art school students, get a little brainwashed into believing in certain rules of visual works.

Maybe you guys just arnet happy with yourselves so you cant be happy with what other people have to offer
>>
>>2743403
or maybe color harmony and composition are important factors of art that have been recognized for thousands of years, and you can't accept that you're not some sort of natural savant that can make irreproachable art without putting in any effort or study.
>>
>>2743385
I like this
>>
>>2743403
Why did you quote me? I haven't even given your piece any sort of critique yet you think you can decide that I'm not happy with myself because I study art (which you could only have assumed since my comment revealed no type of information). Posting pieces you did when you were 12 and bring so ready to counter comments is fucking low man
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.