[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't studies since months, I still enjoy drawing but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20161112_093959.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161112_093959.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
Haven't studies since months, I still enjoy drawing but the hard thing is to get my ass up and get into it.

How do your construct your character when you draw a pose? I can't do boxes and shapes, I always instinctively go for what I see on the picture and I skip steps I think
>>
>>2741857
>I can't do boxes and shapes
Learn how to.
>>
>>2741865
It's not that I can't do them, I just don't use the method or know how and why it works.

How could boxes help in the construction? How could they have improved pic rel?
>>
>>2741857
Well if all you want to do is referenced work that's fine.
>>
>>2741915
I do references because it helps me learning about poses
For now I can't do poses on my own, and I don't know how to make progress and learn

Maybe it's my method and I should use construction boxes and shapes, I really don't know
>>
>>2741924
Well what you're doing is technically advanced life drawing, to some degree at least, where you just see shit in terms of form, or light.

Useless for imaginative work. You need to like take a step back and start just building up to the final figure. It doesn't matter if you use boxes, spheres, or your own choice, and try to see them as much as possible as entities. Just use anything and experiment, you'll find something you like.
>>
File: IMG_20161108_211656.jpg (21KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161108_211656.jpg
21KB, 500x331px
>>2741929
I don't understand your point.
I watched some videos explaining how to construct every fucking muscle in drawing but it's useless unless you only draw nudes.
Comic artists, illustrators don't use that, it's obvious.

I just can't find a method, not only with anatomy but with perspective aswell. Yeah, I have a good amount of pdf files but it just doesn't help, it's not natural or spontaneous
>>
>>2741964
Do you have learning deficiencies or something? English not your first language? Not gone to the bathroom lately?
>>
>>2741967
no you just used 3 lines to say that it doesn't matter and that i should just experiment.

but i need at least a base to experiment and find my own thing.
So far, I'm drawing limbs as their own things and I'm focusing on what I see instead of what I think it looks like, but that's not enough
>>
File: Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p1.jpg (652KB, 650x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p1.jpg
652KB, 650x4128px
>>2741857
>>2741901

>How could boxes help in the construction? How could they have improved pic rel?

Perspective errors are usually what kills the piece. I found it pretty much true for quite a lot of beginner-intermidiate art and studies.

Think about it: during painting or drawing process you usually want to give an illusion of 3D on 2D surface. Even in very abstract paintings it's usually true, even more so when you can sculpt with paint or layer it (light going through Rothko paintings is a good example). Hell, even such things like "White on white" have some sense of space.

Learning how to draw boxes in space (and cylinders, but mainly boxes) is a good way to develop the sense of spatial awarness and how to represent 3D.

Main thing though - boxes help with proportions, because you can orient yourself in regards to those.

>>2741964

>but it's useless unless you only draw nudes

Not really. First thing: you don't need to know every muscle. You need to know some and most importantly - you need to know the bones enough to recognize landmarks on the body - where pelvis pops-up through skin or you can see shoulders.

Also clothing wrap-up around big muscles, so you will know where folds of clothing will form or how they will obscure/represent the underlying form.

Also dumping some Krenz
>>
File: Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p2.jpg (790KB, 650x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p2.jpg
790KB, 650x4128px
>>2742000
>>
File: Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p3.jpg (899KB, 650x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p3.jpg
899KB, 650x4128px
>>2742001
>>
>>2742003
>>
File: patreon-paintover.jpg (2MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
patreon-paintover.jpg
2MB, 3508x2480px
>>2742005
>>
File: patreon3.jpg (567KB, 2126x1943px) Image search: [Google]
patreon3.jpg
567KB, 2126x1943px
>>2742010

Pay attention to this one, notice how thanks to boxes he knows the proportions of a feet.
>>
>>2742000
Thanks, I know how to draw boxes and cylinders. I just need to learn how to use them in construction

That's the big thing I'm lacking, the basics on construction, perspective and anatomy. I can't program without those. I'm too much restricted
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.