[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to be drawing 2min poses or 5min+ poses? I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: JH7zHxf.png (2MB, 835x1312px) Image search: [Google]
JH7zHxf.png
2MB, 835x1312px
Is it better to be drawing 2min poses or 5min+ poses? I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to learn much when doing it in such a short amount of time?
>>
>>2737809

You're supposed to build it up. Let's say I want to draw a knight brandishing his sword.

Draw 4-5 quick poses that are just enough to get the idea down. Pick what you think is the best of the bunch and develop that as far as you can. Use what you know of anatomy, drapery etc. This goes for creatures, machines etc.
>>
>>2737809
Should be asking about their composition really
>>
>>2737809
>Platinum End Rough Art Book
I hope this artbook gets scanned.
>>
If you're doing your 5 minute poses and the end result is stiff, it's probably because your first 2 minutes need work. So do more 2 minute poses until you can get a good dynamic lay-in.

If you're doing 2 minutes and constantly feel like you want to take them further and flesh them out with more detail, do 5 minutes.

Most good gesture drawing sessions I see include a variety.

Also this >>2737837

The appeal of being able to do a drawing in 2 minutes isn't so much that you can do it on the first try exactly how you want it as much as you can try it a dozen times in a pretty short time period and have a lot of iterations to choose from.
>>
>>2737809
2 minutes to work on gesture.
5 minutes to work on anatomy in poses.
20+ minutes to learn rendering anatomy as an illustrator.
2+ hours to learn rendering value.
20+ hours to impress reddit with your hyperrealistic referencing.

All are important. Even that last one.

The first two aren't meant to be pretty, though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.