[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be patient >be patient >patience is the key Every

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: art.jpg (53KB, 493x295px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
53KB, 493x295px
>be patient
>be patient
>patience is the key

Every fucking time. Only people without ambition are patient, because they know they got 50 years to learn to draw circles. Those who want to be the best cant be patient - they have to be good after days of work. They strive to be legends, where the fuck is time for patience? You wait 30 days so you can draw a head correctly? It's too much fucking time, you should have done that in 1-2 days.

Patience is a meme for weak, pathetic people who don't make any noticeable progress.
>>
>>2737404
k
>>
What are you, 20? Calm down. Impatience is the ultimate destroyer of the hopes and dreams of the young. Be diligent. Work hard. Spend time.
>>
>>2737404
Not gonna make it.
>>
Patience dabany
>>
>>2737404
Ok, you autistic fuck.
Show us your impatience driven master piece.
>>
>>2737404
You are actually right but no one wants to admit this because it would hurt too much to think about days and days spent on drawing boxes.
>>
>>2737404

You will drop painting in next months and move to next thing you will try to be good at quick. At then another. And another.
>>
>>2737430
He's not right.
You're all just idiots who can't find the right pace of things and get frustrated for not understanding the meaning of simple exercises.
>>
>>2737437
What meaning? You can't just spend days on drawing the simplest shit, knowing that there are people who are at old masters level.
>>
>>2737404
Posts your work
>>
>>2737450
You do the exercise until you're completely comfortable in doing what the exercise asks you to do. Be an ellipse, a box or just a straight line.
Why? Because you need to know how to do those easily to be able to draw a figure. Even if you're just tracing it with your mind in the end.
There's no way you can do well in figure drawing if you can't even make a decent ellipse with one single, fast and fluid line.

You'll only spend days or weeks on the simple thing if you take that long to be comfortable with that simple thing.
>>
>>2737404
I think you need to differentiate between being patient enough to fully learn the skills you NEED and people telling you to be patient because they are trying to be nice and not say you have zero talent for something.

If you're spending months and going absolutely nowhere then being patient isn't going to help. You're going to be one of those guys where 20 years later you still draw exactly the same and keep making the same mistakes.
>>
>>2737404
>You wait 30 days so you can draw a head correctly? It's too much fucking time, you should have done that in 1-2 days.

I am 100% certain you don't know how to draw heads.
>>
File: vinci.jpg (133KB, 876x1003px) Image search: [Google]
vinci.jpg
133KB, 876x1003px
>>2737450

>old masters

I hate Americans sprouting such bullshit. What does it even mean? You want to learn how to draw like da Vinci? You won't, because you are fucking stupid piece of shit that won't be even bothered to learn that he made those not in pencil or charcoal, but in silverpoint.

>You can't just spend days on drawing the simplest shit

What does it even mean you fuck?
>>
there is not past, there is no future. There is only now. When you realise this you will take great pleasure from the simple act of drawing, and enjoy the process instead of beating yourself up that you "havent made it yet"
>>
>>2737468
>What does it even mean you fuck?

He probably read through drawabox / Peter Han's line exercises and instead of doing them as warmup for like 10 minutes every day as they are intended, he spent weeks drawing nothing but circles and shit and now he finally snapped.
>>
File: 1475739982425.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475739982425.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>2737404
But OP, didn't you know? it's a videogame! If I just grind mindless abstract exercises and farm boxes for long enough, I'll be Mucha! Just like the sticky said!
I don't have to understand anything at all, because art is about wonder and expression!
>>
>>2737475
Why do you ridicule your own strawman? Literally no one has ever said this dumb shit.
>>
>>2737404
So how are you going to have reasonable and well adjusted ambitions if you don't take your time and study the basics? Patience isn't about "waiting", it's about taking your time and not being stressed about arbitrary time limits.
>>
>>2737483
>Patience isn't about "waiting", it's about taking your time and not being stressed about arbitrary time limits.

That's why you won't make it. You can't spend days on drawing boxes JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE TIME YOU FUCKTARDS
>>
>>2737404
The trick is to be impatient in baby steps.

Impatient to master this fundamental, then impatient to master the next one, and so on.

Then impatient to figure out how to put them together. Impatient to figure out how to make the next drawing better than this one.

To the outside observer, this looks like patience, diligence, putting in the time to get it right. But in reality it's pure impatience.

With yourself.
>>
>>2737490
This bait got a bit stale, you might want to rework on it and post again.
>>
>>2737494
whatever you say Jazza
>>
>>2737473
Are there really people like that? topkek

Imagine spending months just drawing line and basic perspective exercises. Hilarious!
>>
>>2737473
>tfw snapped too
/ic/ needs to be more clear when they're telling the truth and not memeing me.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.