[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have horrifying memories from art school? >Taking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: mylegacyruinedthanks.jpg.jpg (404KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
mylegacyruinedthanks.jpg.jpg
404KB, 849x565px
Anyone have horrifying memories from art school?

>Taking 1 year art fundies course.
>go to life drawing almost everyday after classes.
>one day I walk into the studio with my tools and newprint, it's a full room and eveybody is about to start.
>decided to sneek a drink into the room(everyone did it) . food and drinks are prohibited
>find a good seat, place my tools and set my newsprint on the saddle, turn around to put my drink on the table.
>spill the drink, orange crush, full can, all over a pile of handed in art work, 3rd year illustration work.
>pop continues to poor all out and over the papers, can rolls and fall onto the floor crashing and now all over the floor is pop.
>I go into shock, everyone looks at me, I grab my stuff and run the fuck out of the studio.
>I blacked out after that.
>I have been social anxiety and paranoia ever since the accedent occured. that was 5 years ago.
>>
File: 1390178871654.gif (1MB, 320x207px) Image search: [Google]
1390178871654.gif
1MB, 320x207px
>Running like a pussboi.
>Putting a drink near people's assignments.

So you quit the class or what? You didn't attend anymore? Was it the last day? What the fuck happened?

>5 years ago.

Anon, I hope you've at least gotten good by now.

Pic related, it's you.
>>
>>2734448
I stayed for the remainder of the year. I got a lot of shady looks the next day, after the accident.

I'm pretty good now. It raped my soul and I felt like the black sheep after that. No chance.

holy fuck! that was me alright.
>>
>>2734438
Thanks for telling me what NOT to do at art school.
>>
>>2734438
Never went to art school, but if it counts while I was in my IT deal I vomited in the hallway and ditched the course because I could never show my face there again.
>>
File: november-3-2016-1.jpg (443KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
november-3-2016-1.jpg
443KB, 750x1000px
I have horrible memories of how much of an ass hole i was to everyone but that's about it.

pic related my stupid fucking face
>>
>>2734452
you could've not been a sperg, apologized, and everyone could move on like adults. but that's asking a lot from art school students.
>>
>>2734438
Wow, OP, are you kidding me? When I was in school I was pants'd like any other normal guy in PE except I was wearing a leapord print thong. I'm a man now and I look back to those days and I just laugh, move on with your life, man, don't be anxious about anything, that's nothing.
>>
>>2734473
i once jokingly sang "dance with my father again" in front of my friend who's father had passed away cause I FORGOT HIS FATHER HAD PASSED AWAY AND I THOUGHT THAT SONG WAS FUNNY
>>
>>2734473
holy shit man. that must have been like daggers in your heart. sorry to hear that dude!
>>
>>2734470
one day brian, you're going to have memories of all the shit art you posted on 4chan. maybe you will see with new eyes some day.
>>
>>2734483
oh no i have no regrets about 4chan. im the hero you guys deserve
>>
>>2734478
Fark. Eh, things like that become less and less of a big deal over time.

>>2734479
Nah, it was nothing, I was just glad I was wearing something underneath because I tended to go commando those days. I could have guaranteed I wasn't wearing underwear that day, but somehow I was.
>>
>>2734485
>Fark. Eh, things like that become less and less of a big deal over time.
yeah its one of those things that i never apologized for cause it was so blatantly awful. he's still my best friend so everythings cool. im surprised he didnt just deck me when it happened though.
>>
>>2734473
one time i got pantsed and the motherfucker gripped my boxers too. there was a girl sitting on the ground right in front of me. she saw my dingus.

traumatized.
>>
File: 1477802118802.jpg (20KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1477802118802.jpg
20KB, 500x376px
>tfw when you remember how edgy and "dark" your younger self was
>tfw you still cringe
>>
>>2734488
at least you weren't erect. my mom was giving my dad a blowjob and i walked in with a full erection. my dad strangled me to death and now im in hell.
>>
>>2734488
Oh my... I'm sorry you went through that, anon, at least you got to experience my anime weab fantasy. Would have been so cool to have been forcefully exposed like that, would have fapped to the memory for years. unless if the girl was ugly or something.
>>
>>2734472
I completely agree. I was pretty retarded back then.
>>
>>2734491
Kek did you listen to metal, too? Did you ONLY listen to metal like me? kek I didn't know how much I was missing out on until I snapped out of my edginess.
>>
>>2734494
ive never saw it in that light desu. she was pretty cute. but I willingly avoided her after that, maybe she was cool with it - who knows.
>>
>>2734503
>>2734491
Man I went through an emo phase.

A FAT emo phase.
>>
>>2734504
Well I'm the thong guy and my story led to a girl showing me the thongs she wore so I think every experience has a positive side to it if you look for it, mang.
>>
>>2734506
HOLY FUCK d-did you hang out with emo kids that quoted their favorite anime out loud?
>>
>>2734511
that's not emo. you're thinking weaaboo.
>>
>>2734511
Nah I went to a sporty rural school, I was the only emo kid there.

My best friend was a pasty ginger who was the BACON NINJA PIRATE LAZERCAT AWESOME aesthetic and we used to quote the "Ultimate Showdown" homosexual orgy parody song in the bus terminal and compare Dragonfable characters, it was that kinda age.

Fun times.
>>
>>2734512
Oh at my school there were emos (I think) that would quote inuyasha. I love anime myself, but I never quoted it or tried to run like Naruto.
>>
>>2734508
true that. no sense in immediately damning yourself to failure.
>>
>>2734514
Kek sounds like it was a fun childhood.
>>
>>2734438
>doing art fundamental course 5 years ago
>life drawing is fun and a great way to improve so i do the extra classes
>one day, we get told a pro model is coming in
>everyone shows up, room is full to see the hot model
>sitting behind me, a skinny and weak looking guy
>for some dumb reason, brought along all of his stuff
>we only needed a pencil and maybe some charcoals if you wanted
>he lays out newsprint
>fucking why, everyone is using normal drawing paper
>*tsssss
>is someone drinking in here? its prohibited
>guess what, its that retard behind me
>drinking fucking Orange Crush
>whatever he's probably thirsty from looking at the model
>"o-oh damn"
>look behind me
>some how his Orange Crush is pouring out onto third year illustration work
>that shit was gonna get marked tomorrow
>instead of doing anything, he sits there watching it pour
>situation is getting worse since he's not doing anything about it
>can rolls onto the floor
>now everyone is looking at him
>tries to grab all of his stuff, waddles out the door
>everyone is confused
>can hear a third year crying
>>
>in a life drawing session
>male model
>I am drawing his facial expression
>he tilts his head and starts staring me down
>nods his eye brows at me a couple times
>I became nervous
>he's the naked one
>fuckin mind tricks man
>>
>>2734529
ahahahah. fuck you.
>>
>>2734529
So, What happened after I left? lol
>>
>>2734540
>orgy
>>
>>2734546
>orgy

that's it? convince me more.
>>
>>2734531
did you fuck?
>>
>>2734556
I thought we knew each other. dick.
>>
>>2734531
idk, if i were a model id enjoy fucking with the kids like this too.

But something similar happened that mightve been suggestive.

We had a model once, oldish guy. Definitely gay. While I'm drawing, I normally have this intense look on my face. I get really into it, so I'm staring him down and I realize that he's looking right back at me. I'm really too into drawing at this point to really react, so I just focus on catching the form.

After the session is done, he walks over to me with a robe on, and looks over my drawings. He smiles at them, then at me.

My ex gf was in the same room, drawing as well. She must have gotten her kicks from that.
>>
How am I supposed to become a legendary artist if the moment a become famous i get hyena'd by a bunch of nobodies from my childhood who remember all the humiliating shit I did?
>>
>>2734604
get home schooled. get good friends. grow up as entrepreneur.
>>
>go to life drawing studio
>really turned on by the female model.
>I start rubbing my area, I can feel my dick growing
>slowly unzip, continue to rub exposed skin.
>girl next to me sees what i'm doing.
>zip up. convince myself she didn't look at me.
>heart still sinks to this day.
>>
>>2734610
>get home schooled

Good tip, you gotta time machine?
>>
>>2734503
I listened to goth trash too.
>>
>>2734529
fucking KEK
>>
>>2734438
Not art school but only art option in college (not university, before that).

>art teacher is asked to decorate study room
>loves artists like Hunderwasser and other neon garbage whose names I forgot
>we get to design tables in groups, while other classes do the chairs, walls and so on
>all end up with some non-functional table covered in shitloads of colours
>add them to the rest of the horrifying shit
>have the most disgusting room with a mix of all fucking neon colours without any matching style
>still cringe thinking the guy was assigned to decorate a room by the director and made such a mess

I wish I could find pictures.
>>
I WISH I STUDIED ART AT UNI
>>
>>2734736
lol
>>
>>2734737
I feel like id get gallery jobs easier that way
that and galleries taking my work
>>
>Start doing abstract paintings using a lot of house paint
>Friend likes my style
>I offer to sell one to a friend, he says he'll buy it and put it in his new room.
>I finish it, its 30 x 40 inches long on canvas
>I offer it to him for $200
>"Woah dude I'm a just a poor student why would you expect me to pay that much??"
>>
>>2734503
Not him but I also had this cringy metal phase as a teen.
>>
>>2734604
At least it wasn't all documented on social media like kids now.
>>
>>2734470
I like your stupid face anon
>>
>>2734610
that's shit advise anon, I was homeschooled and came out of it with no friends, chronic social anxiety, and now I'm in normal highschool and I wanna kill myself
>>
>>2734928
I wasn't home schooled. I was peer pressured into a lot of petty crime and ended up making some pretty bad decisions growing up. I too suffered from anxiety and behavior problems. I only gave that advice because I thought it might have helped me. guess not.
>>
>>2734681
>>2734751
Yeah kek I was wondering why the hell I always felt down and loathing myself until I realized all the stuff I was listening to was always about feeling down and loathing myself, as in I was just a young, easily influenced kid. I wasn't misunderstood, there was no hidden genius in the music I listened to, it was all just me being an edgy teen and trying to be like those young musicians I would hear (that would eventually regret making the music, too). I've exposed myself to lots of other things now rather than staying close minded, feels good, it's influenced my art and character for the better, I enjoy discovering positive new things.
>>
>>2734746
>discussing the price after the work is done
you brought it to yourself
>>
>>2734492
Damn did you die?
>>
>>2734478
When I was younger, I made a 'your mom' joke to my friend and his mother had just passed away.
>>
File: 1477455124572.gif (470KB, 499x277px) Image search: [Google]
1477455124572.gif
470KB, 499x277px
>>2734614
>>
-be 18 yr old never had a gf
-add ok looking girl i have 3 classes with on FB
-adds me back
-removes me days later for unknown reasons
-add her again XD
-doesn't confirm
-see her every day
-she still strikes up conversation with me
-later that year-find another girl from a class on tumblr
-message her
-no repsonse
-at least i'm not some rapist i guess
>>
>>2734438
you shouldn't have snuck that drink, there was a reason why they put that rule :/
>>
>>2734614
ahaha omg
>>
>>2736593
hA HA ha what a madman!
>>
>>2736593
ahahahaha holy shit.
>>
>>2736607
well I did and I fucked up. I fucked up real bad. I don't even know why I went to art school-first mistake.
>>
In theory it should have been perfect since the school I went to was full of talented and hard working guys who where really into realism and many also digital painting... And the teachers were great too.

In practice it turned out to be high school all over again. It was like every single little insecurity about myself went to the surface despite years of being a confiden outgoing adult with a social life and no shortage of qts. Something just snapped in me and I acted like a weird retard. I was completely unable to relax and act normal. I still learnt quite a bit, but it was really depressing how I reverted to my old shy awkward self. The only respect I had from my classmates was because of my art, but socially I was completely rejected. And I don't blame then :(
>>
>>2736678
I felt the very same way actually. If I had gone now, it would have been much better. I was just so undeveloped as a person and it was a fucking catastrophe.
>>
>>2736645
i know not that crazy but still not fun to think about
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.