[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming someone who was a beginner read the right books/websites

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 85e93d807376b3b605664a0f435263b4.jpg (185KB, 1369x900px) Image search: [Google]
85e93d807376b3b605664a0f435263b4.jpg
185KB, 1369x900px
Assuming someone who was a beginner read the right books/websites and practiced 10-12 hours a day every day, no exceptions, how long would it take them to become competent? By "competent", I mean at least good enough that you could post something here and people would say that it looked decent. Do you think it could plausibly be done in a couple months if someone displayed that level of dedication?
>>
this question gets asked so much.

drawing is a MENTAL EXERCISE, not a PHYSICAL DISCIPLINE.

yes, hours count. but you can draw a meaningless 12 hours a day and still be shit at art.
>>
TLDR there is no formula, only discipline.

i don't think it could be done in a couple months, because you have to learn how to learn in the process.

but you're welcome to try and prove us all wrong.
>>
File: williamRleigh.jpg (145KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
williamRleigh.jpg
145KB, 500x332px
>>2727762
3 years for simple drawings
5 years for full illustrations
It really depends on where the person starts from though

With typical shitty male motor skills, it takes about half a year extra just to refine pencil control, and if you're spoiled with typical female eye symbol drawing habits, it will take a few months to undo

In the end, don't stress about how long it is going to take. Just focus on getting good and you'll be there before you realize it. (Also it's a never-ending journey so you'll never be good enough by your own standards)
>>
Assuming someone who didn't read the sticky and posted the same thread every day, no exceptions, how long would it take that thread to be reportable? By reportable I mean at least annoying enough that people here wouldn't come and post without saging and give the same answer they gave last week.
>>
>>2727874
seconded, OP must die
>>
If someone did ~12 hours a day, from being stick figure skill level, they could get to a very comfortable point in a year.

12 hours a day for a year is 4.3k hours, that's waaaay more than you need to be "competent" at anything lmao. If you read the write books and grinded out the fundamentals and learnt the correct way with deliberate practise and all that, you could be a pro in a year.

But... Unless you're used to this kind of hard, and quite frankly utterly boring way of practising, you're gonna give up the first day. You don't turn from being a NEET to 12 hours focused study. Hell, 1 hour of deliberate practise is hard enough for some people.

To answer your question though, yes. It's more than possible.
>>
>>2730248
Just to add, pro as being you could probably be good enough to make a living doing it. That could be "enough to get by" level though, but this is all theoretical, until someone measures themselves doing this kinda thing it's hard to say for sure. I believe 100% you could make a living doing art after a year of that though.
>>
>>2727762
>implying you'll ever do this
Burn out in the first few weeks.
>>
>>2727762

When was the last time you read a book? Watch a film? Do you have a folder with different car designs? Have you ever wondered why some spiders are very thin and have their torsos relatively high while others are "meaty" and with legs wide apart? Do you know what is cancer and how it looks like at micro level?

Nope. You just draw and sit in your tiny room and see nothing but computer, shitty bought food and piece of paper or shitty tablet and you wonder why you suck so much.

You have 0 wonder in yourself. You can't grow as a human at all, don't have visual library, don't have interests, don't try to understand and be inspired by world and things.

Why would you EVER create something of any worth? I will always criticize you because your art will always be high-school or art-student tier.
>>
>>2727762
it's not something you just dive into unless you have some sort of blue collar discipline to begin with. By the time you're capable of working like this, you're already a year in, that's why most people say it takes two years.

but assuming you had the inhuman discipline to do 12 hours of focused deliberate practice from the start, all the books and etc. you'd be decent in a few months. like 6-9 months.
>>
>>2727762
>good enough that you could post something here and people would say that it looked decent
Such a thing has never occured
>>
>>2727764
For beginners, it's a lot more physical than mental. They hardly know how to move their hand. After that, then they can start working on their eyes.
>>
>>2730248
What is deliberate practice in art?
>>
>>2727764
i declare this post copypasta
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.