[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is instagram worth it? I feel like tumblr isn't mainstream

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1477166800285.jpg (45KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
1477166800285.jpg
45KB, 600x428px
Is instagram worth it? I feel like tumblr isn't mainstream enough.
>>
>>2725936
>I feel like tumblr isn't mainstream enough.
this is the most hipster thing ever said on the internet
>>
yeah definitely dude
instagram > tumblr
>>
I have 6000 tumblr followers and about 200 Instagram followers.

Yes it's more mainstream but that makes it that much more difficult to get exposure. People will start to unfollow you if you're inactive for 3 days as well, so you better draw fast.
>>
>>2725941
>so you better draw fast.
hmmm that's worrying. I just never used that shit so I have no idea what the appeal of the site is
>>
>>2725936
Instagram and Twitter > Tumblr

Tumblr is pretty bad in general.
>>
>>2725936
Use it all, baby. There's literally no reason not to spam your art on Deviantart, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, whatever the fuck else.

You only have to actively engage on one or two of those. The rest, dump the art and leave the occasional comment.
>>
I'm on instagram but I hate how it automatically crops everything
>>
>>2725936
wow anon is that yours? blog please
>>
File: really.png (8KB, 231x217px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
8KB, 231x217px
>>2726033
>>
>>2726033
It's Roberto Ferri, that one Italian painter who learned anatomy perfectly but never researched the absolute basics of composition. Funny shit.
>>
>>2726093
Absolute composition basics is bullshit. Composition is over rated by people that cant draw. There are some fundamental rules that apply everywhere, but other than that its uncharted territory. More and more artists are beginning to realise this.
>>
Just have your instagram connected to your tumblr account. Problem solved.
>>
>>2726093
>>2726147
I don't care much about composition but his animal-humans combination are very lacking. They look like somebody slapped a pair of animal limbs on a human body, without any though in anatomy, how the new body would work, what it's movement would be and how those would make a full circle and affect the anatomy
>>
>>2726147
You mean more and more artists are subscribing to the concept art approach of character on grey plane.
>>
>>2726093

Composition is a spook
>>
>>2726147
This. The two biggest memes ever are the 1, 2, 3 read (foreground, middle ground subject, background) and the rule of thirds.
>>
>>2725938
I think you mean most yuppie thing ever said. OP said Tumblr *isn't* mainstream enough not *too* mainstream
>>
>>2726193
You can't just cross-pollinate memes like that. Actions have consequences.
>>
I have more engagement on Instagram than on all my other social media sites combined. Yes, it's worth it IMO.

I think it's more reliable & lasting, too. I've had my per-post engagement on Tumblr plummet in the past year (~9k followers), as I think most people following me are inactive. I don't know why they've left or stopped interacting with my posts. My Instagram is still thriving though (~4.5K followers).

If I had to guess, it's because Tumblr is a very isolated platform. You're usually on there by yourself interacting largely with strangers. Instagram seems to be more involved with your real-life friends (partly because its owned by Facebook), and people will stay on a platform longer to follow friends instead of strangers.
>>
>>2726555
not gonna make your work
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.