[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't decide if it's thriftier to buy a cintiq or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tablet.jpg (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
tablet.jpg
5KB, 299x168px
I can't decide if it's thriftier to buy a cintiq or spend a bit less on a tablet+pen combo instead. Anyone ever try some of the free apps for iphone/android on a tablet with a pen? I kinda want the tablet 'cause I can bring it everywhere unlike the cintiq and I can browse the internet and shit on it too.
>>
Just buy the cintiq. When you get into trying alternatives you will end up spending more money when you realize the cheap shit just cheap shit and that the cintiq, while grossly overpriced, is still a better buy than some toy from apple/Android.
>>
>>2725896
Most tablets feel fucking awful to draw on. Like finger painting with a half second delay. Don't get thrifty when it comes to digital tools, you get the best software, the best hardware and you use the shit out of them.
>>
>>2725896

Look up some Youtubes comparing various options and try to decide from there. My 2c: Most tablets are not worth the effort but higher end options like surface pro or ipad pro are great. These things unfortunately aren't cheap. The Apple Pencil's response is simply the best you'll get (palm rejection, sensitivity, angling & shading, zero parallax), very hard to settle for less when you get used to it. If you must have photoshop and easier file handling, get a cintiq or surface pro. At any rate a portable option is well worth the compromise, it's fun as hell to do shit like take your gear outside and do plein air painting digitally, snap a photo then finish at home. If you're looking for the most cost effective option it would be better with a cheap computer and older wacom tablet.
>>
>>2726173
THIS!
>>
>Don't get thrifty when it comes to digital tools, you get the best software, the best hardware and you use the shit out of them.

This.

I'll admit I was "thrifty" in the sense of rather than getting a cintiq I got a intuos pro medium, but as far as non monitor tablets go the intuos pro medium is probably one of the best you can get. And for how many hours I've used on it's come out to like a dollar an hour. If I'd gotten a shittier one, even if it cost less, I may have used it much less / it might have broken / I might have had to upgrade anyway.
>>
>>2726173
>>2726448
72ppp
grayscale
simple round brush with no pressure variation = 0 delay even using a microwave
>>
>>2726464

>This expensive hardware doesn't suck as long as you use it in this very specific very limited way that negates half the benefits of an art tablet
>>
>>2726127
What's your take on the ipad pro pencil?
>>
Yeah I might go with a Cintiq, I was and have been using a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 for drawing with apps like Artflow and LayersHD
Both I thought were pretty decent and I did get some work done but this thing just took a shit on me like 10 minutes ago.

It's time to move on. Might even go for a gen behind the current one since they should be "cheaper"
>>
File: 20161029_013850.png (16KB, 589x175px) Image search: [Google]
20161029_013850.png
16KB, 589x175px
>>2728230
And so I said fuck it and purchased a Cintiq. Got used to the small frame also forgot to mentioned I do have an XP-Pen monitor, but grew to like the small form factor.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.