[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some honest realistic academic options for someone who

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: img_1677.jpg (3MB, 4272x2387px) Image search: [Google]
img_1677.jpg
3MB, 4272x2387px
What are some honest realistic academic options for someone who wants to develop real drawing/artwork skills but doesn't want to fall into an art college trap filled with trendy group-hug hipsters where you don't really learn anything of substance and they give an art degree that lands you nowhere?

I got out of high school, became a neet for a while, then I applied for one of these colleges. I was accepted. Then a few days later I went to their finals and the works were all as expected politicised SJW "art" and Pollock wannabes.
So I quit. But I need something else to do.
>>
>>2725220
>academic options
Well decent art schools vet students, you have to be able to draw pretty decently before you even get in.

I don't know why you have this mental idea that you need an art school, there's a billion references and tutorials in the wiki alone.
>>
Just look at what they teach, if it's a bunch of modern art BS then stay away.

It might also be a good idea to look at their website and marketing. From my experience, the better schools will tell you about the skills they will teach you and talk about preparing you for the future, where's the shitty ones will talk more about the "experience" they will provide, and do a bunch of virtue signalling.

Anyway, from your post it sounds like you already have a functioning bullshit detector so I don't see the problem.
>>
>>2725220
Where do you live? This really will change what is available to you. Are you willing to move?

Look for things that are Ateliers or Academies if you want a more traditional learning experience, though a lot of them won't really leave you with many career opportunities afterwards.
>>
File: logo-wdka.jpg (28KB, 567x120px) Image search: [Google]
logo-wdka.jpg
28KB, 567x120px
>>2725297
My concern was how well they vetted them. I got it. I don't know if the rest did but none of the other candidates seemed very skilled in it. Not that I consider myself a pro but I think a lot of them apply to art school for flimsy reasons.

I need art school because qualifications and stuff
>>2725326
>more about the "experience" they will provide, and do a bunch of virtue signalling
That was exactly my impression
>>2725330
This was the thing I applied for. It is an academy
>>
>>2725598
It's literally named after De Kooning, what did you expect?

If you want a more "classical" education then look here: https://artrenewal.org/pages/ateliers.php
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.