[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one name their art? I don't want to be an edgy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1356385352416.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1356385352416.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
How does one name their art? I don't want to be an edgy little kid and name them all Untitled #X
>>
>>2724706
Dangerous one liners from kids shows.
>>
The simplest is a literal description of what's in the image.
Then you could go beyond what's visible and hint to an underlying theme of the image or something that's related to what inspired you to paint it in the first place.
You could also think about the scene and what could happen in it, maybe what characters could say and then take something from that.
You might use the title to elaborate on the image or explain it.

Your OP image might be named:
"Comfy winter night"
"Kid playing on his toaster"
"Why I love winter"
"Titled #678"
>>
>>2724718
>not calling it "You're toast!"
>>
File: 1451819372422.png (186KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1451819372422.png
186KB, 332x512px
>>2724706
"Dickgirl in Pants"
"Dickgirl fucking Shota"
"Red Succubus (male) fucking Old Man"
"Male Catgirl fucking Female Catgirl (Male)"
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 618x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 618x340px
>>2724771
>"Male Catgirl fucking Female Catgirl (Male)"
>>
>>2724706
who's the peeping tom looking ass nigga in the window tho
>>
>>2724706
I like titles that are either the beginnings of sentences or the ends of sentences. "and she did fall" or "She stepped up" Something that implies there are things about the picture that are not necessarily apparent. Basically titles that describe an action, but don't go down the cliche route with cringy inspirational adjectives or whatever.

All in all though, the title should be thought of as a part of the piece itself, because titles carry a lot of meaning and can totally change how the image is perceived.
>>
>>2725177
>beginnings of sentences or the ends of sentences.
>not cliche
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (19KB, 444x277px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
19KB, 444x277px
Usually a 1 or 2 word descriptor followed by a number. IE "tree1 tree2 tree3" and maybe something like 'treetumblr' for the resized file.

Most of my file organization is by folder rather than name. I order everything by month and start a new folder each month, then at the end of the year I make a folder for that year and put all the months inside it. Then each folder has a WIP folder inside it (though I might purge those soon, I never revisit them and they take a lot of space). Then one folder with copies of my favorites each month that I flip through sometimes to get an idea of my progress.
>>
>>2724706
Well I wouldn't even bother naming sketchbook, still life and general study work. Just say what's in the picture, you're not out to impress anyone.

For imaginative pieces, I've always approached even the simplest illustrations with a story to tell. From the most fantastical to he most mundane, just a general idea of everything leading to that picture.

Keeping a story in mind while painting, you tend to have something your want to call it by the end. Just some notable element or theme. "Autumn Road and Spring Castle", "Odyssey through the Bar Room Tables", "Oprah's Soap Operas", you know just shit like that.
>>
File: 1475412902184.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475412902184.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>2724706
People name their art?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.