[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never be friends with other popular artists and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1459990754140.jpg (78KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
1459990754140.jpg
78KB, 604x483px
>you will never be friends with other popular artists and learn their secrets
>wanted to be friends with Simon, but he only befriends other pedophiles
>wanted to be friends with Zebra but his discord is full of shitheads who ban you for disagreeing with them
Is it just my personality?
It can't be. Even Shadman has made friends with all kids of popular artists and he's a monumental piece of shit.
Maybe im just not crazy enough.
How do I make friends with artists who are better than me? They all seem so obnoxious and already have a close circle of dick suckers
>>
>>2721490
Be their friend before they git gud.
Be the friend of a rising star before they are surronded by a circlejerk.
>>
>>2721490

Do you have friends with non-popular artists? Think about why you are friends with them in the first place. Now compare your friendship and try to relate to being friends with a e-celeb artist. Would you suddenly be treated differently?

Would such a friendship only happen because your work is on par with theirs or slightly better? Did the reasons I mention already apply to your current friends? Are you ACTUALLY friends with your current friends or are they people you just talk to daily?

And are the people you look up to from afar, who seem to have plenty of friends, actually don't have that many friends and it only appears that way to you.
>>
>>2721498
The friends I have online are all artists, but we all aren't that good. It would be nice to have that one friend that's better than all of us to help guide us to becoming better artists and we learn from.
Ive noticed most people these e-celeb artists are friends with don't even draw at all. They are usually spectators that just watch all the time during a stream or something and mod while the artist is working. Its ENRAGES ME
>>
>>2721499
Sound to me like you want a mentor, not a friend. Why would you base a friendship on someones ability to draw?
>>
>>2721490
>mfw i have some breddy gud artist as friends.
>mfw i'm rarely online since i often prefer being alone.

>>2721502
this.
>>
>>2721502
Whats the difference?
Can't you be friends with a mentor
>>
>>2721520
I mean you can, you just worded it strangely. It sounds like you just want to use them for their knowledge, not befriend them. I also don't see why popular artists having friends who don't draw would upset you, it's like you think you are more deserving of his friendship because you share a common interest.

I'm lucky enough to be friends with some very talented artists, but I didn't approach them with the idea that I could use them in mind. I wanted to talk to them because they seemed like genuinely cool people, and I think they could tell that I wasn't just trying to suck their dick because their art is good.
>>
>>2721531
People that are great artists tend to be interesting people and I would like to get know them. The mentor thing is just a byproduct of that friendship.
>>
>>2721499
>They are usually spectators that just watch all the time during a stream or something and mod while the artist is working. Its ENRAGES ME

Why? The artist just has a good relationship with their audience. It shouldn't be that inconceivable that people would be willing to befriend others who don't necessarily share their hobby/profession. Why not try to speak to artists you like while they stream to break the ice. Be one of a group of people they associate with until they recognize your name. I have a friend who's on good terms with a few artists and regularly gets requests done just for being a part of that community consistently.
>>
>>2721534
Don't know what to tell you then, just be chill and don't be a dick and people should like you.
>>
>>2721490
You've got a fairly narcissistic view of life.
>>
>>2721534
>People that are great artists tend to be interesting people

If you mean interesting by being the most depressed, sadistic, mentally ill, disturbed and sexual deviant people then yes quite interesting.
>>
>>2721546
Ok
>>
>>2721551
Most good artists seem to be quite happy and socially well adjusted people actually.
>>
File: 1477092165285.gif (729KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477092165285.gif
729KB, 267x200px
>>2721562
>>
Just by OP's posts ITT I can tell he's never gonna make it.
>>
>>2721621
By the time im done with you, you're never gonna make it to the hospital.
>>
>>2721531
Motherfucking this.
>>
>>2721571
Maybe I only follow the select happy few, I dunno, but the only bitter and depressed artists I've met are from /ic/. Every single pro I follow on Tumblr or Twitter seems to have a great social life, to the point where it kind of pisses me off a little.
>>
>>2721668

I think art seems to attract emotionally unstable sorts, but I also think you're right that most artists are pretty normal dudes. It's just that the suffering artist is a popular meme.
>>
>>2721551
My non artist friends will fuck anything and rip on me for being so boring when it comes to fucking. It's normal to be a deviant these days. And normal to be a sadistic liar.

That's probably why I only have two friends actually. Everyone whose been interested in me quickly changes their tune when they find out how boring I am. I can't even into social media.
>>
>>2721490
It's probably your personality desu. Do you pick fights a lot and feel the need to insert your opinion into everything?
>>
>>2721490
Who the fuck are you cunts that are so desperate to "befriend" other artists.
>>
>>2721490
Just go to art center for a year... If you listen to other illustrators and concept artists theres an art center circle jerk.
>>
>>2721490
>their secrets
theres no secrets just technique
>>
>>2721803
>"I want friends"
>just pay $60k
>>
>>2721490
What kind of secret do you even think you'll get from befriending them?
>>
>>2721490
Being friends with Simon would be pretty cool I think. He seems like a pretty chill guy.
>>
>>2721914
Aside from the pedophilia thing, yeah he seems pretty nice.
>>
>>2721916
>>2721490
>but he only befriends other pedophiles

Has anyone actually brought up the whole lolicon, pedophile thing to Simon?
>>
>>2721490
>How do I make friends with artists who are better than me?
>They all seem so obnoxious
>still wants to befriend them
just fucking kill yourself, captain autismo.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>Want to make artist friends IRL
>Sadly no oportunities I can see
>Google regional museums for exhibits with stuff I could draw
>There is a huge museum about one hour from where I live
>Most of it is postmodern or modern art
>Almost nothing that would be /ic/-approved
>Has a "Young Art Club" for ages 18-30
>Information on the website is very vague
>Only small sign up fee

S-Should I do it?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.