[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he thinks you need to master realism to draw anime >he

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1452123166817.png (325KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452123166817.png
325KB, 1000x1000px
>he thinks you need to master realism to draw anime
>he thinks realistic shit helps drawing anime
>>
who says that. Pretty sure most people say master the fundies (which actuallt helps you) rather than realism
>>
File: 20161012_002842.png (101KB, 261x291px) Image search: [Google]
20161012_002842.png
101KB, 261x291px
>>2721122
>being retarded in 2016
>not having a good enough eye to distinguish good anime from shit anime
>he thinks high quality cartoonists dont use exaggerated aspects of realism to convey ideas much more powerfully
>he shitposts without being able to draw well realistically or stylistically
>>
>>2721122

Anatomy and fundamentals are needed if your dont want your drawing to look retarded
>>
File: CmuD2XEVIAANQ7T.jpg (315KB, 1500x1575px) Image search: [Google]
CmuD2XEVIAANQ7T.jpg
315KB, 1500x1575px
>>2721122
OP's a fag who wants to draw anime, not good anime.
>>
You don't have to master it, but you need a decent grasp of it. An anime artist who knows anatomy will always be better than one who doesn't.
>>
>>2721122
>"master"
no you don't, but you gotta study it anyway if you want to git gud.

the point is: it's not something you can just leave out. at least if you want to get above a certain level of competency
>>
>>2721177
[citation needed]
>>
>>2721122
>t. Deviantart anime tracer
>>
>>2721178
Youre the kind of retard that goes around saying shit like "EVOLUTION IS ONLY A THEORY YOU KNOW"
>>
>>2721317
It is a misunderstanding that evolution is seen as a theory and that's not my fault. It's alright though, you don't have to provide proof, I know it's difficult to find, so I'll give you all the time in the world to show me it.
>>
>>2721320
Not going to spoonfeed you, idiot child. I know that im right and thats why im easily a better artist than you.
>>
>>2721322
Well, you don't have to, I guess. Just keep it as a thought in your mind for one day. You're probably right, but I don't know. I want to believe, but it's difficult without proof. You are no doubt a better artist too, so I'll just keep on waiting.
>>
>>2721325
Maybe instead of sitting on your ass waiting for someone to take pity on you you should be reading the sticky and studying? Nut up.
>>
>>2721329
I've already read the sticky and am studying.
>>
>>2721330
So then why make this shit thread?
>>
>>2721358
What if it's true that you don't? We'll never know because people keep convincing new artists to learn it.
>>
>>2721361
This is retarded.

"What if its not true that you need to learn to walk before you can run? Whats if thats just what we've been telling babies?"

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel and draw, jesus christ.
Youve already admitted that you cant draw well, so why are you posing basic ignorant questions like this as if you just had a revelation that will turn the world of art upside down.

Sounds like a lot of acrobatics to avoid doing any real work imo.
>>
>>2721122

anime backgrounds (even if traced) are painted really well

clothing follows the rules
perspective follows the rules

anatomy, hand, feet construction follows the rules.

only difference is "anime face" construction. And sometimes even that construction is so influenced by real life and how real humans look that you could say it is "idealized form". Just look at some more realistic games and movies. It is basically realistic looking and only prettied up to qualify for anime standards.

You can be either shit or learn the realism. All good artists know to paint realistically. They only choose to idealize.

10/10 clearly baiting for replies and made me reply.
>>
Dipshit, as people have said in this thread, you gotta know the rules before you can break them.
Learning realism helps inform your stylized work
>>
>>2721122
people like you trigger me, you're fucking retarded. What helps is that I know you'll never get good
>>
>>2723728

88% of you ITT don't learn realism and are just hitting the keyboard to tell the rest of us what you should be doing
>>
>>2723759
>tell the rest of us what you should be doing

t. Sachi-pon.
>>
File: pixiv39556609.png (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv39556609.png
206KB, 500x500px
>>2721122
What the fuck is point? Just do both
>>
>>2721322
>easily a better artist than you
post your work
>>2721122
Post your work, prove you're right.
>>
>>2723807
those hands are fucking disgusting
>>
>>2723825
You dont have to believe me, i dont have anything to prove to a shitter like you :^)
>>
>>2721322
>and thats why im easily a better artist than you.

Glenn Vilppu here - I tend to roll my eyes when people say 'post your work' whenever anyone disagrees with them, but when you make unsubstantiated claims like this you need to put up or shut up. Post your work.
>>
File: 1463458449324.gif (2MB, 260x242px) Image search: [Google]
1463458449324.gif
2MB, 260x242px
You're right that you don't need to learn the fundamentals to draw anime, since anime is a shit style devoid of fundamentals.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2723900
Andrew Loomis here, I'm sure 50% of people on this board are better artists than op so it's not a very lofty claim. Maybe I have better things to do with my time than try to help someone who is refusing to listen to anything.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.