[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time on /ic Wanna get into art, especially paintings, either

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

First time on /ic
Wanna get into art, especially paintings, either abstract and/or with a backstory or something which relates to that artist or the time it was written in.
Where should I start?
Should I just visit museums or is there a place online where you can learn and look at paintings?
Pic related I really like this painting by Umberto Boccioni.
>>
Read the the goddamn sticky you tool.
>>
>>2719305
1. Read the sticky.
2. Draw and paint from life as often as you possibly can. This should take priority over working from photos.
3. Look at art by a wide variety of artists, not just those of one genre, style or movement. See what others have done throughout history, and what others are doing now, and why. Visit galleries whenever you can -- it's important to see the originals rather than photographic reproductions.
4. Read books on art (history, theory, technique).

Become first the drawer and the painter, and be humble and curious like a child, and the artist shall take care of itself.
>>
>>2719305
wikiart+wikipedia should be enough to get you started learning about art history. you can't replace going to real galleries and museums though. Still, museums are more about experiencing the work than learning the backstory and artist bio.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.