[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a name for the genre of this kind of art that revolves

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

Is there a name for the genre of this kind of art that revolves around skeletons, motorcycles, guns, roses and death? Everyone knows the type of art I'm talking about, but I've never heard of the name of the actual genre.

Pic related, obviously not mine, just something that popped first from GIS.

If there's no name, I'm going to call the genre "badass".
>>
>>2718044
tacky
>>
>>2718044
Think its called being an edgelord
>>
>>2718044
Posting more for inspiration

Not mine
>>
Not a genre. Just a subject matter.
>>
>>2718044
unoriginal
>>
>>2718060
I get your point but they're all drawn or painted the same way. I haven't yet seen impressionist or dadaists or postmodern takes on subject matter.
>>
>>2718044
>>2718053
I think art like this is defined more by its demographic and audience than its subject or concept.
>>
OP, please understand that not every illustration has an art style, with a nice name to label it under, or that everything falls neatly into one specific art style.

Some key words you might use to look for the art you want:

- Low Brow art
- Hot Rod art
- Tattoo art
>>
>>2718044
>If there's no name, I'm going to call the genre "badass".
Ah, to be 14 again :)

btw: gtfo OP, this is an 18+ site
>>
>>2718097
this

also don't forget
-comic art
-ghost rider
>>
>>2718097
Also
-Heavy Metal art
-Rock & roll art (this is remnant of a lot of album art from 70's and 80's bands
- Biker art
>>
>>2718099
I'm guessing you've never seen "biker gangs" before.

Most of the people who into this type of thing are middle aged faggots.
>>
>>2718304
This.
>>
>>2718044
Route 66
>>
>>2718044
"mentally underage"
>>
>>2718304
They also tend to be criminals with double digit IQs.
>>
File: CjlgpdVUgAE9Lic.jpg:small.jpg (45KB, 340x385px) Image search: [Google]
CjlgpdVUgAE9Lic.jpg:small.jpg
45KB, 340x385px
>>
Airbrush art. Nowadays this kind of stuff is often produced digitally but the aesthetics developed from the airbrush medium since its use for automotive decoration.
>>
>>2718044
Coldsteel
>>
>>2718992
You're in da mutha fuckin share z0ne bitch
>>
>>2718946
I never meant to imply they aren't jackasses.

Just that the demographic for this art is usually gray haired harley fags.
>>
>>2718992
sent this to my friend who has had those before

fucking dying
>>
File: 12315124141241.jpg (58KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
12315124141241.jpg
58KB, 540x480px
>>2718992
>>
>>2719118
I think the other guy was implying that you won't find that person on /ic/
>>
>>2718044

I know what you're talking about OP and I unironically love it too

>inb4 "childish" shitposting when 90% of the board's traffic is people blowing through to learn how to draw anime tiddies
>>
>>2719130
That's a good point.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.