[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saddest art videos thread. Ever came across an art tutorial

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: ss+(2016-10-16+at+02.16.44).jpg (100KB, 737x675px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-16+at+02.16.44).jpg
100KB, 737x675px
Saddest art videos thread.

Ever came across an art tutorial or video that was just utter shit?

This guys says he's from an art school. Let that sink in.
https://youtu.be/9j8baGFdeMw
>>
>>2715820
How can he still be better than 20% of the beginner thread?
>>
>>2715830
he said he is from an art school
>>
>>2715820
>Raminfard School of Arts
Buullllllshit

This has gotta be bullshit
>>
Somebody post the extraordinary cartoonist
>>
>>2715820
>two lines for the neck
Kek.
>>
This guy.

>https://youtu.be/Z6DycqO-WKo

This makes me sad.
>>
>>2715900
He has the balls to stream video/post work and is still better than 30% of /beg/. Subscribed!
>>
>>2715820
>Daniel Raminfard
>Artist/Owner, Raminfard School of Art

Oh I see what's going on.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Kpt1Be-FI
>>
>tfw you'll never be able to draw such a great muscle elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjJb6DMlJ1Y
>>
go to /r/delusionalartists for the keks
>>
>>2715919
ironically the best one in the thread so far
>>
>>2715900
He gives advice about things he didn't even use
>>
>>2715820
I'm more concerned about how the guy probably can't draw it bigger.
>>
>>2715976
I wonder if he browses /ic/
>>
>>2716059
lol
>>
>>2715905
to have the balls to post such a video, you would need... dragon balls

ba dum tss
>>
>>2715820
What the fuck was he thinking? Not only does he suck, but he draws so tiny how is this supposed to be helpful?
>>
>>2715820

how do people like this face their relatives or friends? I just can't imagine being in such a profound state of denial...
>>
>>2715820
Dude, it's not even that bad.
The guy's trying really hard to teach simple concepts and I think you shouldn't judge me so harshly.
>>
File: daniel.png (1MB, 744x924px)
daniel.png
1MB, 744x924px
>>2715820
Is he really that bad?

http://www.istudio.com/1277181/photos/all
>>
>>2716185
oh he's one of those photocopiers

explains everything
>>
>>2716196
Oh its one of those figure drawing is the only true art posters.
>>
>>2716221
daniel copying photos like a machine isn't the way
>>
>>2716134

made me chuckle a bit well done
>>
File: untitled.jpg (105KB, 512x622px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
105KB, 512x622px
>>2716224
Alright lets you and me head to every museum and rip out all the still lifes cause they can just take photos lmao whats the point yeah.
>>
File: Screenshot_15.png (1MB, 727x935px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_15.png
1MB, 727x935px
>>2716196

If you think anything vaguely resembling realism makes someone a photocopier you're a fucking retard.

You can hate the guy and hate his art but if you're calling pic related the equivalent of a photocopy you've got braindamage or you're parroting /ic/ too much.
>>
>>2716295
Uh, he pretty clearly heavily references his work. That's why the freely-drawn OP sketch shows such a huge disparity in quality. This dude hasn't learned much about anatomy from his methods. He won't even attempt arms without a photo.
>>
>>2715922
Wrong thread m8, you need to post this in the god level art thread.
>>
>>2715922
leave the artist extraordinaire alone
>>
File: Screenshot_30.png (1MB, 740x896px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_30.png
1MB, 740x896px
>>2716317

Even so, when the moron says shit like this >>2716224
>daniel copying photos like a machine

It's pretty patently false. It falls well short of the photorealism human xerox machines and it's pretty obvious the goal is to be more painterly. Using refs, hell even depending on refs, doesn't make you a human photocopier. Otherwise we'd be able to shit on Rembrandt because he mostly did portraits.

Then again this is /ic/ where people idealize imagination drawing to a ridiculous extent anyway. The reality is that you can "copy" a reference and still make choices as an artist, and the guy's art doesn't aim for '1 for 1 replication' like those graphite drawings you see normies shit themselves over.
>>
>>2716370
I do see your point. However, if the artist doesn't learn anything from his copies he basically is just a mindless machine. At any rate he definitely should not be teaching figure drawing.
>>
>>2716378

You're right, I agree that he isn't qualified to teach.
>>
>>2716378
>However, if the artist doesn't learn anything form his copies he basically is just a mindless machine
This.

He's a prime example of why you should not be dependant on referencing 80-100% of your drawings every time you pick up a pencil or a brush.
He didn't even use good guidelines to help him draw (and he wasn't at the skill where he could pull off NOT using guidelines), showing that he is clearly too used to copying what's in front of him and not referencing in a helpful manner instead. The end result was a mess.

I, too, am also heavily dependant on photocopying rather than studying. The only thing that I've gotten better at is shading with a pencil, but I haven't /learnt/ much. It's a terrible crutch to have and anybody who wants to succeed as an artist needs to avoid falling into these traps that I and Daniel have done (unless he is comfortable essentially being a hack, then by all means.. but he definitely should not be teaching when he doesn't know what he's doing).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGGRc4c0d5k
>>
>>2716682
all of this girl's tutorials are giving me a headache
>>
>>2716682
>My Mangaka LIFE
fuck this gay earth
>>
File: 1476523800332.jpg (158KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476523800332.jpg
158KB, 720x480px
>>2716682
>published author
>with /beg/gar tier fundies

fucking jdimsa
>>
>>2716682
Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>2716796
Actually, shit is eaten by all kind of animals and even human babies try it out sometimes across the whole Earth *hearth* So, shit is great for eating ;) LMAO But thanks for ''teaching'' me how unhealthy eating it is *heart*
>>
>>2716682
>>2716741
>>2716749
>>2716779
>>2716796

Her videos make me cringe harder than any other art-related thing I've seen on youtube.
>>
>>2715900
How did you even find this guy in an ocean of two and three digit viewcount videos on YT? You know him personally or something?
>>
>>2715919
Dobson honestly isn't that bad as far as simple cartoony style are concerned, it's just his character and behavior not doing him any favours.
>>
He's not good, true, but even worse are the people making fun of him. How fucked has your live to be to push you into doing this?
>>
>>2716059
kek
>>
>>2716796
One of the comments:

This tutorial is literally the only anatomy tutorial on youtube that really helped me... Everyone adds loads of deatails and makes their anatomy videos a lot longer than this one but you keep it short and simple. Thanks to this video I now know male anatomy. Thank you so much! Subscribed ^_^
>>
>>2716879
Not as fucked as yours
>>
>>2715820
Holy fuck. I'm so confused.

Was this a joke. Well played!
>>
>>2716185
He's depressed and regretful for having a child.

The only reason this is art is because it doesn't lie. Look at his eyes. They are full of hatred. Now look at what he holds.It's his baby.

He obviously regrets having sex with his younger sister.
>>
>>2716874

I remember someone postig a video made by this guy, an unlisted one. I entered his channel to see more of his stuff. That's how I found him.

Ask the other anon if he knows him personally.
>>
>>2715922
expertvillage is the youtube equivalent to wikihow
>>
>>2715919
The saddest part about this is the the last one, in the style of Bill Watterson, looks really good because it's forcing him to work in a mode outside his comfort zone and think about the paradigmatic choices he's making. Dobson's in this grey area where he could be a perfectly competent comic artist but is constantly held back by falling into old bad habits, lazy stylisation, etc. Hell, even the Alex Ze Pirate shit in this video looked better than his normal output, presumably because he's drawing everything straight digital instead of his retarded paper>scan>fuck about>paint bucket workflow that sucks all the energy out of his sketches.
>>
File: image.png (86KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 500x419px
I realized that despite everything he still has the confidence to make tutorials, try to help people and make dosh

>I'm not confident enough to show my family
>maybe I'm delusional too and my art has always sucked ass
>I will never make it
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.