[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ic/ i'm losing sight in one eye will i still be able to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: 1468262294774.jpg (860KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
1468262294774.jpg
860KB, 1500x844px
/ic/ i'm losing sight in one eye will i still be able to paint when I lose half my vision? Will my depth perception be gone?
>>
Don't be retarded, you don't even need depth perception to draw
>>
>>2715519
Just wiggle your head side-to-side like a hawk.
>>
>>2715519
Donato Giancola is blind in one eye. Some art historians believe that Rembrandt was too, though I'm not sure the validity of it. Charles R Knight was an artist who was legally blind in both eyes, one which was completely blind.

You'll be fine even if it will affect your depth perception a bit.
>>
>>2715535
Thanks anon thats just what I was looking for artists in the same boat, its kind of scary how fast its going

>>2715531
Painting from life will be hilarious from now on
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 775x775px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 775x775px
>>2715519
>Lose perception of 3D space.
>When drawing 2D images.

Just accept it OP, you don't want to draw.
>>
File: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (893KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Venom_Snake_TTP.png
893KB, 900x900px
>>2715519
I'm blind in one eye. It doesn't really affect my drawing.

The bad thing about it is that it's harder to tell what speed something is going and it's harder to catch things. And you have to scan your surrounding more when you're driving. Other than that, you can everything you could do when you weren't blind.

Oh yeah, 3d movies suck now and you can't masturbate to those double illusion pics anymore.

I guess we're both going to miss out on experiencing VR fully as well.
>>
That sucks op. Sorry about your situation. Hope your sight gets better, what's your actual condition?
>>
>>2715542
oh anon I dont need an excuse not to draw

>>2715581
3d movies were a gimmick anyway

>>2715585
my eye was injured and I detached my retina, my visions been getting worse since
>>
>>2715581
Do you wear an eye patch in real life? Instead of glasses do you get a monocle?
>>
>>2715519
wont it be easier to paint? you go straight from 2d to 2d and dont have to worry about 3d mindtricks
>>
>>2715650
I hope so, but I've never gone blind before. First its just going to get dark is what the doc said I can see a little grey spot moving over my eye
>>
what should my resolution and canvas size be if i want to make art like OP? i also like to sell it as prints..
>>
>>2716576
Literally as big as your computer can handle. If you can run a layered 7000x10000 pixel canvas without lagging then do that.
>>
Lazy eye with no depth perception here. Painting from life gets stupid easy because everything's flat!

As far as getting shitty sight, you'll be fine. Minet had fucking cateracts or some shit when he did his lillies. You can still see, just a little less detail. For abstracts I sometime bomb off the glasses. Makes value simplification so easy
>>
>>2715658
dude, i'm really sorry about your situation. You can absolutely paint and draw with one eye, it's just something you need to get used to, since you're using parts of the brain you normally wouldn't, and not using some parts you otherwise would. You'll still be just as good as you are now though, so don't worry about it.
>>
>>2715519
My old primary school teacher was an amazing artist with the sketches and painting he'd do in class during the downtime and stuff, teaching us some things on the side. Point being he had one eye due to a car crash. Loved tapping his glass one with a pencil to freak people out though.

You'll be fine OP
>>
File: munningsmareandfoal.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
munningsmareandfoal.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>2715519
Munnings went blind in one eye early in life.
You can still do it.
>>
>>2715581
I am blind in one eye too. The three of us can open a studio together.
>>
How is depth perception useful for painting? When you break down the components of what creates depth in a 2D picture, none of them relate to being able to "see" 3D spaces irl. Actually to the contrary, that's the one thing that can't be translated onto paper.
>>
>>2715581
if you only see in one eye, and what VR does is send a correct picture to both of your eyes, doesn't that mean that every game you play from now on is VR? (in theory)
>>
File: 1476842732207.png (17KB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
1476842732207.png
17KB, 768x614px
>>
>>2718612
Combined together, we can have 3 eyes in total.

That'll show those two eyed normalfags.
>>
>>2715519
>>2715581
>>2718612
I never knew that /ic/ had such a huge cyclops demographic. Wtf r u fags doing that's making your god damned eyes fall out, I'm starting to get scared desu baka
>>
>>2718761
>tfw going out and paranoia
>>
>>2718782
Lol
>>
sargent & rembrandt had no depth perception, grats on the art gains :^)
>>
>>2718968
>sargent had no depth perception
Source?
>>
>>2715531
kek
>>
File: tumblr_nfzpr0CZNg1s02vreo6_500.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfzpr0CZNg1s02vreo6_500.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>2715531
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.