[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aren't Moleskines supposed to be expensive? They seem like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Moleskine_-_01.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Moleskine_-_01.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
Aren't Moleskines supposed to be expensive? They seem like the cheapest books to me

Sorry I'm nab
>>
Overpriced af for paper a little bit above the quality of printer paper and binding you can do yourself at home with book glue.
>>
>>2714895
Are they like printer paper? I was hoping for something with texture
>>
>>2714897
They're not anything like printer paper. It's a very thick sturdy paper that can take a lot of abuse. It's incredibly smooth, so it feels like it's almost glossy when you draw on it as the pencil just glides along the surface. Imagine smooth newsprint but without the soft give of the paper because it is thicker and stiffer.
>>
File: 490g-1367397991.jpg (50KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
490g-1367397991.jpg
50KB, 564x564px
Get a pad of this instead.
>>
Always go for the mixed media
>>
>>2714935
fug I have this
really recommended, though I'm only a beginner
>>
>>2714935
How much do they cost ?(are you italian ? fabriano is a famous mark in italy for drawing)
>>
>>2714889
question, what's cheaper than moleskins?

i want something portable but not big like a 8x10 sketchbook
>>
>>2715030
fabriano is the name we give to an especific kind of paper in my country
>>
>>2716608
For bounded notebooks:
Leuchtturm, Piccadilly, Pentallic, Field Notes
It really doesn't matter what brand though if it's just for sketches.
I'm currently using a $3 book from Muji that has really good paper. Doesn't bleed, doesn't feather, smooth
>>
File: OBS.png (344KB, 650x650px)
OBS.png
344KB, 650x650px
This may be a dumb question but how do I stop my pencilmarks from one page smudging onto the opposite page when I close the book?

Is the pencil I'm using too hard (which would be the reason I'm leaving marks)? Is it a pencil problem or are there certain types of sketchbook paper I can use to get around this?

if it matters, the book says its paper is 100 GSM wood-free (pic related)
>>
>>2715030

here they cost around 12 bucks the large one, I'm not sure of the size but its bigger than a4
>>
File: 41HUpaLt4qL._SY300_.jpg (12KB, 216x300px) Image search: [Google]
41HUpaLt4qL._SY300_.jpg
12KB, 216x300px
>>2714889
I prefer these, desu. 1/4th of the price and you dont need a hard surface to draw.
>>
>>2716703
No, the pencil you're using is too soft. The harder the pencil, the more compact the graphite, the less residue.

You can place a cheap piece of paper between the sheets that contain graphite.
>>
>>2716703
You may need to use fixative.
>>
>>2714934
To me, it feels like the pages are made out of manilla folder
>>
>>2717051
I bought 4 of those online for around 15 bucks a year ago, still burning em.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.