[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: weird/rare artistic mediums The absolute greatest artistic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: qWp7jtJbuJDUq7rtSjp7VZqb.jpg (40KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
qWp7jtJbuJDUq7rtSjp7VZqb.jpg
40KB, 1000x1000px
ITT: weird/rare artistic mediums

The absolute greatest artistic tool in the entire universe: the office ballpoint

Personally I think the Biro is hugely underrated, it's as dark as a pen but allows for the same pressure control as a pencil, the ink never fades and they're cheaper than compost. The only think scaring me away from using them more is the occassional smudging, but with some practice I feel like I could avoid that.

I also used to make mini landscape sculptures using bluetac and felt tips but I can't find any of them now.
>>
>>2713298
Ballpoint pens are super popular for sketching so I'm not sure how it classifies as underrated.

The main disadvantage I guess is that they are not archival from what I hear.
>>
File: IMG_8292.jpg (109KB, 1600x919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8292.jpg
109KB, 1600x919px
>>2713298
>ballpoints
>not using a $1200 fountain pen
>>
>>2713298
get yourself some PITT brush tips. That is the ultimate in stroke control. Faber Castell sells disposable pretty cheap online. Or I have to agree with ^ this guy. Fountain pen for the win :D
>>
>>2713298

I love drawing with erasable ball point pens (we call the crossword pens here). They feel like a cross between gel pens and regular ball point.
>>
>>2713310
>tfw ever since I used felt tip pens, ballpoint pens feel slippery as hell
>realize why it's called ballpoint now
>>
>>2713517

Zebra >>>> PITT
>>
>>2713557
>realize why it's called ballpoint now
Because it has a ball at the point?
>>
>>2713847
I've had two zebras and I'm finding the flow really dry.. I'm going to order a fude thing with the refills next, i can't move the zebra brush at any speed without getting poor results
>>
>>2713298
ballpoint pen lover here, I can confirm ballpoint isn't that underrated, the whole Peter Han following as well as Scott Robertson and other designers like to use em a lot (normally the Hi-tec), they normally go by higher quality ones, Kim Jung Gi also uses ballpoint a lot (not as much as he does his penbrush thought)

>>2713310
I think ballpoint has a ton of disadventages compared to other mediums (i don't think there's something such a perfect medium anyway)

to name a few:
>You can't draw vertically with your ballpoint, sometimes it also doesn't work horizontally so you can't work on hanging pieces.
-Can't be refilled so you get a small amount of inks to chose from (is fucking hell to find a pen that is ballpoint but isn't gel and comes in brown for example, anything besides blue, red and black really, I guess green is also kinda common)
-On the ink thing, since you can't refill em the ink they come with might likely be either not waterproof or not alcoholproof, if not both.
>Worst of all enemies, Ink blobs.

>>2713506
with fountain pens you get a fixed value while with ballpoint pens you can get a big range of value, so you can sketch with them easily.

more on this: https://youtu.be/9srD5CxeOWU?t=15m52s

I like both anyway, but ballpoint is just so inexpensive that is not even fun.

oh and on the weird artist mediums, I don't really see many people painting with Casein or India Ink outside of chinese painting.
>>
>>2713298
While we are on topic, has anyone ever finished a pen?
>>
>>2713298
>biro

bongs get out

But yes, ballpoint PENS are the most superior art device invented to this day.
>>
>>2713964
HAH no. They always find a way to ascend long before that happens.

And while we're on topic, how many pens have you stole/found vs actually bought yourself?
>>
>>2713298
Jerry is that you?

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/46842-BallPointPenArt-Jerry-Stith
>>
>>2713298
someone tell me which pens to get at the Blick art store

I can never tell which ones are good, and I'm scared that an expensive one might let me down. I'm just looking for longevity here.
>>
>>2714098
You got the wrong guy, friend.
>>
>>2714046

The Inventor of the ballpoint PEN was "László Bíró" hence Biro.
>>
>>2713964
I have a graveyard of uniball signos
They're not ballpoint though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.