[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Studying anatomy >Scared I'll forget everything I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: 1388392563983.png (261KB, 672x814px) Image search: [Google]
1388392563983.png
261KB, 672x814px
>Studying anatomy
>Scared I'll forget everything I'm learning

Does it stick /ic/?
>>
>>2712524
No, you're gonna forget everything :(
>>
I forget less each time I work through it again.
>>
I have a terrible memorry, my computer desk has drawings on of how to draw diffrent body parts that alwasy get erased by my sweaty hands eventually.
When ever i feel like im forgetting i just redraw some legs are some arms, or a side profile.
I also have a notebook filled with different ways to draw people and with words to get it into my thick brain MEN BODY SHAPED LIKE THIS WOMEN BODY SHAPED LIKE THIS

Im aware im insane
>>
File: refGlennVilppu.jpg (100KB, 250x290px) Image search: [Google]
refGlennVilppu.jpg
100KB, 250x290px
>>2712524
Not really.
Muscle memory is best memory, and drawing seem much more related to it than normal learning.
Even the things I kind of forgot like drapery and mechanics come back to my mind after some fast doodling.
Don't worry bruh, if this old fart still remembers, so do you
>>
Read this and shut the fuck up

http://www.inpursuitofart.com/blog/why-you-never-improve-how-to-fix/
>>
How about you practice for more than a fucking week before you start a thread
>>
>>2712537
and by not really, I meant that no, you won't forget.
Sorry for my shitty way of communicating it.
>>
>>2712537
Vilppu is like on a whole different level though. Guy probably understands anatomy at a cellular level.
>>
>>2712539
Guess I'm doing it right.
>>
>>2712539
>pump your dopamine
>tfw you love to pump your dopamine but get nothing done
>>
>>2712571
Is vilppu a shonen character or something?
Is he one of the few that can transform to super artist?
>>
>>2712536
I don't see why that means your head is thick.

It's a good way to remember, and I do it myself.

I've got a tested IQ of 130, so I guess if we're both doing it it can't be bad.
>>
File: l.png (418KB, 1197x1197px) Image search: [Google]
l.png
418KB, 1197x1197px
=*IN THE SPIRIT OF VILPPU, THE FOLLOWING
ARE TOOLS FOR MEMORY, NOT RULES*=

MNEMONIC STAGE
-1 Preface
0-PAO system

RECALL PHASE
1-memory palaces
2-Major system

PREFACE
The funny thing about our brains, is that it is actually an object that gravitates towards and feels satiated by silliness and sex.
The more sexual/sillier something is, the better the brain remembers it. Because it stands out from what we call our "Daily-Cranial-Commute" which revolves around the routine subconscious scanning/identifying TREE TREE TREE SIGN HOUSE HOUSE HOUSE
if an object is repeated a lot, the brain actually filters out said object.
If you say pizza 4200 times, i assure you, somewhere within those bounds you will lose the meaning and just go into a kind of analog physical vocal regurgitation of that word (pizza).

1)PAO System
Let's say i want to remember the following anatomy rule in which i know the clavicle is equal to the same distance from the bottom of the nose to the top of the head::
in reality, we actually have just 3 pieces of info:

CLAVICLE=DISTANCEX=NOSETOP

CLVCL = DSTNCX = NSTP

Then just apply PersonActionObject: you could try:
Claus distanced himself from the newspaper.
Dr.Phil climbed up a noose.
Nostradamus clapped for a newspaper.

number 3 resonated with me the most so now i need to imagine Nostradumus, big beard, purple hat with feather, maybe he has a crystal ball, and that smell of the newspaper, and and why is he clapping for it?

immediately the image sticks because of sensory hooks and just how weird the results of the PAO system tend to be. But we have only solved half of the problem: We have a mnemonic device to remember(pizza) the information i wanted to commit to memory, but i want to access this weird info/anatomy rule when i NEED PIZZA it! Thus we must strategically place this weird image in a familiar place of our minds,

Enter the RECALL stage
>>
>>2712524
Anatomy sticks brother, just put your time into it and own it man.
>>
>>2712623
>Then just apply PersonActionObject: you could try:
>Claus distanced himself from the newspaper.
>Dr.Phil climbed up a noose.
>Nostradamus clapped for a newspaper.
>number 3 resonated with me the most so now i need to imagine Nostradumus, big beard, purple hat with feather, maybe he has a crystal ball, and that smell of the newspaper, and and why is he clapping for it?
>immediately the image sticks because of sensory hooks and just how weird the results of the PAO system tend to be. But we have only solved half of the problem: We have a mnemonic device to remember(pizza) the information i wanted to commit to memory, but i want to access this weird info/anatomy rule when i NEED PIZZA it! Thus we must strategically place this weird image in a familiar place of our minds,
I don't get this part
>>
File: tcs.png (701KB, 677x659px) Image search: [Google]
tcs.png
701KB, 677x659px
>>2712623
THE FOLLOWING TREADS INTO POSSIBLY BOGUS LEVELS OF AUTISM; TREAD CAREFULLY!

1)MEMORY PALACES
We are cavemen at our core, and cavemen need to know how to kill fuck and how to get home by nightfall.
We are going to exploit this already well worn in part of the brain to solidify the information we want. (mainly the getting home part)

You have options:
A house's rooms
Several landmarks
an imaginary place you know well (ex. hyrule field from OOT)

Now in the first room of your house, perhaps the one you're sitting in, just imagine nostradamus clapping for a newspaper on your desk or whatever. then when you need another piece of info (bodyequals8headshigh)
(Bo derrick got high with an 8 ball)

we simply put it in your bathroom or hallway.
when you need to recall what was in your room, (clavicle = bottom of nose)
or in your hallway (body is 8 heads high)

you'll find it comes naturally, and then and only then, do we break the repetition rule of forgetting, now with all the sensory cues attached to the information, repeating it actually strengthens your memory of it.

2)Major system: EXTREME AUTISTS ONLY
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mnemonic_major_system
>>
>>2712630

EDIT:
Nostradumus clapped for a newspaper is wrong

should be
Nostradamus clapped for a disk

NCD
Nose = Clavcicle = distance
>>
>>2712597
130 IQ? What's that like borderline retarded for an adult?
>>
>>2712646
An 'average IQ score' or 'normal IQ score' can be defined as a score between 85 and 115. 68% of people score between 85 and 115. The Mensa qualifying IQ score is a score that puts you in the top 2% of the population in a bell curve like this one. The Mensa qualifying score is 130 or higher,
>>
>>2712524
Yes, Bridgman makes it stick.
>>
>>2712623
>>2712638
Yeah, your system is really for autists.

I didn't find much point in learning the names of anything. It's more of a crutch nobody really likes.
>>
>>2712623
>>2712638
>>2712644
what the flying fuck
>>
If medicine students can learn it and like 3-4 different names for each little thing alongside its detailed function and structure, so do you.

...on the other hand they have anatomy subjects for at least couple semesters, have these exercises where they put pins into physical organs and lots of them buy illegally or obtain in other ways real human skulls to learn from those...
>>
>>2712903
Can they?
>>
>>2712524
you dont have to memorize a fucking anatomy textbook, you just have to have more or less of an idea of how things go together and where things are placed
>>
>>2712742
>>2712900

kek way to suggest an alternative and contribute asshole
>>
>>2713030
yeah

uh huh

okay
>>
>>2713030
You aren't the thread, if I want to contribute, I reply to OP, not you.

And you said your method is full autism, now you are angry I said the same?

Your method is inefficient and misses a lot about anatomy and drawing in general. You don't need to give a shit about all these names.

To learn anatomy you need to see how the body behaves in a certain pose or movements. Anatomy books are necessary so your eye can understand what it sees. So you read the anatomy book, draw a few things, study people to see how it looks in reality, then get back to reading the book, and so on.

As for remembering details, you need it as visual information, because all information is spatial and temporal and it depends on the concrete person how they are built. Learning how all the details are called doesn't come first, it is more of a side effect because you draw all that stuff so much.

If you have drawn a pizza 4200 times you will probably remember that it is called pizza.
>>
>>2712597
>IQ of 130
>Fucking around on /ic/

Pick one.
>>
File: IMG_4530.jpg (101KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4530.jpg
101KB, 600x450px
When you sit for 6 hours studying a live skeleton/ naked person it kinda burns into your brain
>>
File: tumblr_ochtyirKSs1seddgho1_1280.jpg (396KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ochtyirKSs1seddgho1_1280.jpg
396KB, 960x1280px
>>2712524
apply what you learned by studying from the mind or doing a panterly drawing from reference.
either way, us what you learned, that's one of the best ways to make it stick. now stop crying and start drawing.
>>
>>2713181
*use what you learned
>>
Humans are designed to detect and love patterns

The best way to learn and remember things is to create associations or patterns

One of the fundamental ways artists do this is by studying basic shapes such as cubes, spheres, cylinders, etc. Then when you move on to study anatomy, you take what you see and simplify it to fit the basic shapes that everything can be made out of- and you proceed to remember what shapes are associated with which parts of whatever you're trying to learn.

Individual ways of seeing and translating shapes is how individual style is created.
>>
>>2713054

fair enough ; your points are valid.
Honestly,though autistic as it is, the method ive provided, ive never used to to remember drawing. i use it mostly for other stuff.

what you have described makes the most sense, but im curious, what in art TRULY needs to be memorised?
Honest to god, someone provide a list of shit that should be commited to memory and ill be the first to memorize it.
>>
File: Homunculus_v12p127.png (495KB, 1107x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Homunculus_v12p127.png
495KB, 1107x1600px
>>2712524

homunculus is such a good fucking manga with so many good reaction images.
>>
>>2712571
I think he understands it in some highly efficient simplified manner.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (151KB, 947x815px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
151KB, 947x815px
>>2713899
forgot image
>>
Just try it out man. Try for a few weeks to seriously remember something with some of the techniques posted in this thread. You just need that one successful attempt to make a big step in being an effecient student. Since you learned the process and are confident that it works you can recreate it and get faster everytime. You will also get more confident each time and by the end you have created a powerful habit for learning new material.

Just crying before seriously trying is a big step into never making it.
>>
>>2713174
>needing 6h to study just one skeleton
>when you need to study thousands of stuff
>when you have to revisit stuff so that you don't forget it
n g m i
>>
>>2712524
When you want to remember something, follow this.
>>
>>2713920
true fact. One guy wanted me to teach him a bit about drawing cus he wanted to be an architect.
Little did he know that I am useless! But I had to fake it and I think i learned as much as he did from the whole ordeal...
>>
>>2713920
Sure...
That's why everyone here gives tons of advice like in this thread but is a pretty bad artist himself.
>>
>>2712524
Do you eat one meal expecting to be full for the rest of your life?
>>
>>2713912
Not saying that you need 6 hours, but long term study helps and if you forget, then you're obviously a bit dim or not paying attention
>>
>>2713937
what
>>
>>2712539
>why-you-never-improve

too busy looking for shit like this instead of practicing
>>
>>2712524
The good thing is that you can always look at your own body and it'll come back quickly.
>>
>>2714037
That chart is shit tier. Practice is too vague, depending on how you practice it could be the lowest tier or the highest tier. Teaching something is definitely not as high on that chart. There are tons of people teaching others well but can't do shit themselves. Teaching is a seperate skill, how can I break up the information so he can understand it well? That has nothing to do with your own self applied skill, you just might have read the right kind of information and can explain it well.
>>
File: cotton.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cotton.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
>>2712524
I like to think it does for me, I have a good memory, it can be a bane and an advantage sometimes.
Try thinkin of everythin, while drawing, like for muscles it's form, simple shape, how it contracts, where it connects to on a bone. I find thinking of a bunch of details while drawing it and pondering what other details I could be missing helps me remember.
>>
>>2714179
You have absolutely no idea what the chart is showing, lmao.
>>
>>2714768
Average retention rates like it says. Since it's unspecific it's completely worthless to begin with.
>>
>>2714771
If you want to retain something in memory, you follow the graph. It doesn't need to be specific...? This isn't about improvement or whatever the hell you're seeing, it's just about, "I have fact. I want fact in long-term memory."
>>
>>2714824
The graph is bullshit anyway.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.