[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>See an artist that is better than me with a successful social

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 31

File: 1463012034532.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1463012034532.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>See an artist that is better than me with a successful social life
>Can't help be feel angry

I've ramped it up to 10 hours a day.
I'll show these fucking normies who the boss is.
>>
funny image, OP. but this is super pathetic and petty. just focus on being happy yourself instead of comparing yourself to others. its basic shit dude. take chances and interact with real people instead of hateposting.
>>
>>2710788
>Don't compare your art to others
>Don't think about how good you have to be
>Be complacent and and get fucked by me
>Go outside at 2:48 AM

No thanks.
I know what you're up to.
>>
>>2710790
I genuinely feel bad for you. Like...you're sad. You're making ME sad. Someone tells you to relax and live a happy life and you immediately get hostile? Like...do you have friends?
>>
>>2710798
No.
>>
Are you lonely too?

I've been alone for 4 years. My progress is fueled by isolation.I go to my day job and my boss asks me. Why are you so angry? You look mad all the time. I've come up with the answer after being asked the same question for the last 4 years. " If I'm not talking, I'm happy."

My world is so lonely. I sit and hone my skills silently alone in my dark room. The screen fills my face with an empty light.
>>
>>2710799
Figured. Go get some. I'd extend the hand of friendship myself but I have a feeling you're not a fun dude.
>>
>>2710798
He's right though. Not necessarily about getting angry at people better than him, but the reply to his post is just braindead. Typical liberal bullshit about happiness and being yourself. Life isn't an after school special where flowery, vapid bullshit will solve the problems you have in life. That kind of thinking is what produces so many depressed, entitled assholes these days.
>>
>>2710803
Did...you just call pursuing happiness and not being fake/a liar "liberal bullshit"?

im having an aneurysm
>>
I was expecting at least a
(you).

Fuck life is so lonely.
>>
>>2710807
Happiness isn't something you will into existence. It's something you strive for throughout your life. And for some people, particularly some artists types, it isn't even desirable. Some people thrive creatively on hatred, pressure, self-criticism, jealousy and even depression. The tortured artist isn't just an empty trope, and there are plenty of world renowned artists who say they can't work when they're feeling happy or content. I don't personally prescribe to this way of thinking, but your quick fix solution of "be happy and don't worry about what others think of you", is about as stupid as you can get. If self-criticism and perceived rivalry gives him motivation to work harder, then let him deal with it the way he wants to.

Also, you really write like an obnoxious fuck, with your idiotic ellipses and faux-exasperation. You're some kind of tumblrcunt, aren't you?
>>
>>2710813
seriously, go suck a big one.
>>
>>2710807
kill yourself
happiness is a fleeting emotion and "pursuing" it is just western ideological bullyshit. Your 'advice' is empty and vapid; take your self-help vanity to reddit.

OP draw more u fag
>>
>>2710814
Like... should I go... suck a big one?
Are you like... kidding me...?!
>>
>>2710817
IS THAT A JOKE?
>>
>>2710813
I can tell that on your deathbed, you will feel a very deep and strong sense of regret.
>>
Living life fuels imagination and turns technically well done paintings into actual art.
>>
>>2710840
who the fuck cares man.

id a painting is well done either way it's obviously art.
>>
File: Factory Man.png (138KB, 516x480px) Image search: [Google]
Factory Man.png
138KB, 516x480px
>>2710840
OP here

I've finally broken free from the real world. I'm currently a NEET living with my parents.

There was nothing out there that gave me inspiration.

It all felt like styrofoam. Everyday I wished for suicide. I didn't even want to draw in my free time away from my art studies.

I did create some works out of pure emotion back when I was shuttling through the world and my house. They completely lack the fundamentals, but I still like them more than what I currently make.
>>
>>2710846
why did you feel the need to tell everybody you're the OP?

fucking serious question.
>>
>>2710849
I don't know.
It was a fleeting thought if you can even call it that.

A strange feeling at the most.
>>
File: guy.png (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
2KB, 125x125px
>>2710846
Hey Factory Man looks familiar...
>>
>>2710852
Ruined
>>
>>2710803
>That kind of thinking is what produces so many depressed, entitled assholes these days.

Thinking you will get happy once you are good only means you will never get good enough and never be happy anon.

Slightly related life advice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI
>>
>>2710784
your feel i feel deeply, im so mad when i see artits the same age as me that are better than me, makes me super motivated to defeat them
>>
>>2710836
Yeah, that cuts really deep when it comes from the world's shallowest person.
>>
>>2710868
"defeat them" at what? Art is not a video game that keeps highscores or some shit like that.
>>
>>2710816
all you can do is lash out in anger, sad, real pitiful
>>
>>2710784
>10 hours
Here's your problem. You do not retain anything, and I'm sure you're doing shit in those 10 hours, not actual studies.
>>
>>2710836
>I can tell that on your deathbed, you will feel a very deep and strong sense of regret.
How fucking normie can one be that they regret something on deathbed?
You don't fucking know what comes after death, you don't even know how pleasant death might be.
For all your life you're a happy fucking flowerpower junkie and then in death you realize you could've had all this comfyness if you just necked yourself early.

Life is suffering for everyone with few good moments here and there and your pretentious happiness bullshit is worth a fucking bullet to your neck.
>>
>>2710801
have you ever considered doing stand up comedy?
>>
>>2710936
Exactly, we don't know what comes after death. So why do you think it's better to spend your life being misterable and bitter all the time?
>>
>>2710941
if someone enjoys being misterable and bitter, why not let them be?
It's one way of "enjoying" life.

Trying to pass your own beliefs as "correct ways of living" is hypocritical bullshit.

Whereas you think that going out to drink with your friends and socializing is a good way to "enjoy" life, someone might find that same kick from sitting at home, masturbating to cartoons
if it comes as a surprise to someone: PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT. Each one individual.
Being part of the grey mass that enjoys things together doesnt make those things absolute.
>>
>>2710965

>Whereas you think that going out to drink with your friends and socializing is a good way to "enjoy" life

What the fuck are you even talking about? You're projecting your own insecurities really hard right now. Nowhere was I suggesting anything in particular what you should be doing in order to be happy. As you said, there are lots of different types of people and lots of different lifestyles that could make you happy. But if you are constantly miserable and depressed, as the post I originally replied to said, then you are clearly doing something wrong with your life.
>>
I only feels buttmad to people who are in artschool or have rich parents. Like Algenpfleger and Miles. Also friends are overrated. They changing with time drastically.
>always choose friends over career and profit
>I was wrong all the time and wasted all opportunities trying to follow my "friends" path
>can't turn the time back
Do not repeat my mistakes if you're young. Don't give a fuck about friends.
>>
>>2710852
sigh. these kids and there memes eh. fucking retards.
>>
File: Edgelord.jpg (18KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
Edgelord.jpg
18KB, 236x214px
>>2710816
Don't cut yourself with that edge kiddo
>>
>>2711022
I have rich parents and all the time in the world but still find time for excuses and over analyzing and making myself miserable.
>>
File: 1411627410827.jpg (179KB, 1280x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1411627410827.jpg
179KB, 1280x1422px
>>2711022
>I only feels buttmad to people who are in artschool or have rich parents

This. I don't care if someone has a super hot spouse or travels for work or any of that shit but the fact their parents were able to pay for an art school education always gets to me. Or if you see an ig/tumblr post of a young untalented kid just wasting time and all of their top of the line supplies and nice apartments that are super artsy and quirky. Fuck them. Fuck them to hell.

It's a small motivator though, to "do it on muh own" kind of thing. The rest of my motivation is to just make something awesome. Even though I'm gonna have a kid and will have to put art on the backburner for awhile I will never give up completely. Feels good.

>Don't give a fuck about friends

Depends what kind you have, if it's a shallow friendship about partying and shit all the time, then yeah you can ditch them and it won't be too bad. But if you have friends like mine who are actually really good people and always more than willing to be a shoulder to cry on when you need it and are your bantz and good times for the rest of the time, then keep them. It's important to have good, good friends. Most people don't.

I incite jealousy with my friends, that's a good thing I think. I'm broke af, not too attractive, and have problems staying motivated/not being depressed but at least I have down ass buddies that I've known for more than 10 years now. It's honestly great and I almost lost them due to my own emotional hangups (wasn't answering texts, didn't make an effort to get together, avoidance, etc) but have come clean about it and they totally understood. That's a real friend.
>>
>>2711117
ur gonna make it
>>
>>2711117
>Depends what kind you have,
I actually talked about truth friends. They don't last forever.
>>
File: DSCO_10_10_14.jpg (469KB, 650x660px) Image search: [Google]
DSCO_10_10_14.jpg
469KB, 650x660px
>>2710784
That's the same thing as :
> See rich and successful man
> Can't help but feel angry / jelly

Defuq, why ? Why can't you enjoy the things that you have as well as the learning process ?
No need to boost up the amount of time you work to git guud; shit will get you burned and tired from art, you'll see constant "art blocks" and you'll start thinking art isn't your thing.
Why don't you just stick to your 4 hours or whatever you were doing / day and just start fucking enjoying it already instead of being jelly of successful faggots.

> If it takes you 100 000 hours of painful work in order to finally be happy, why wouldn't you instead try to make them 100 000 hours enjoyable ?
>>
File: IMG_1170.jpg (558KB, 875x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1170.jpg
558KB, 875x650px
Why don't you go make an art better than Michael Angelina's David. Or just do some good art in generally
>>
File: gondola finally happy.jpg (44KB, 617x795px) Image search: [Google]
gondola finally happy.jpg
44KB, 617x795px
mine visage when good looking people are good at things
>>
File: 1451056772597.gif (18KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451056772597.gif
18KB, 214x200px
>>2711117
>but the fact their parents were able to pay for an art school education always gets to me
I'm sorry, what? It gets to you that families can actually get together money to help pay for their child's education? I'm actually sad that your parents can't help you with that. Families that work together get shit done.

>It's a small motivator though, to "do it on muh own" kind of thing. The rest of my motivation is to just make something awesome. Even though I'm gonna have a kid and will have to put art on the backburner for awhile I will never give up completely.
You'll be lucky if that type of motivation even stays on the fucking backburner. Art is not enough to support a child and the risks are too high, especially for freelancing. If you get a studio job then say goodbye to your kid since you'll see him for about 5 hours a week.

This "Do it on my own" mentality needs to stop. I'm not talking about you specifically but just in general. You need to be able to network, to communicate with other industry professionals, you need to be able to contact art directors and agents in a proper manner. This is literally the shit that they teach you in art school.Or even take a business class or two.

I take it like this, I am fortunate enough to have parents help me pay for school. They are investing into my future, so I better not fuck this art-thing up otherwise that's a lot of time and money gone to waste. Luckily I've made many connections to ILM, Blizzard, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and many more studios just by taking advantage of the opportunities here at my school.

>and I almost lost them due to my own emotional hangups (wasn't answering texts, didn't make an effort to get together, avoidance, etc)
You sound like a needy faggot who strives for attention and gets mad when is ignored. Learn that you have to be a friend to those you want to be your friends too. Stop being a child.
>>
File: 2212c94211de3539be1f1ac50e530afd.jpg (108KB, 736x1107px) Image search: [Google]
2212c94211de3539be1f1ac50e530afd.jpg
108KB, 736x1107px
>start painting
>get extremely enraged halfway through
Idk why this happens
>>
>>2710816
Spoken like a truly depressed, entitled asshole.
>>
>>2710803
>>2710816

>I enjoyed life once, it was awful

>B-but how am I supposed to foster my unwarranted sense of superiority over others if I'm not filled with anger and hatred for everyone?
>>
>>2710803
>That kind of thinking is what produces so many depressed, entitled assholes these days.

So you're saying that I need to be as contemptuous of everyone as possible, basically destroying any semblance of a balanced life in the effort to one-up any and everybody in some bizarre dickwaving contest that only I'll care about?

Learning to not leave your happiness up to external factors like "WAHHH HE'S BETTER THAN ME" "WAHH HE HAS MORE FRIENDS" "WAHHH HIS YACHT IS BIGGER THAN MY YACHT!" has nothing to fucking do with being liberal or conservative, just not being a cunt. But maybe you've internalized a /pol/-tier logic where being a cunt is actually your ideal because muh alpha male or something. The fact you seem to support this attitude and then call people who advocate "satisfy yourself with what you can do rather than whining about what others can do" entitled is hilarious.
>>
>>2711171
>rich kid buttmad
No one likes rich kids. Every monkey can learn how to draw in top tier art school. Even self taught rich kid can don't give a fuck about anything. Your parents can back up you and find job for you anytime. You can study and live comfortable without any worries. Hilarious that you don't understand this.
>>
File: 1463752790267.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463752790267.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
>>2711171
My parents were way too busy trying to feed me and my brother while keeping a roof over our heads to ever save for a fucking art degree. And a lot of assumptions there, I stayed at home during weekends and summers instead of going out to play to take care of my autistic brother so they both didn't have to worry about a babysitter despite being only 11- did this until about age 23 (24 right now, just to give an accurate illustration) after my mom finally finished her own degree. I'd call that teamwork. They work really hard and no matter what they will still never have enough to fully support me enough to go to art school. You're lucky anon.

Also, now that I have a kid I will go to school for STEM and draw when I can. I actually have the motivation to keep going despite all of the hindrances that is life. It's not a "better not fuck it up" thing for me, I am not that fortunate. And it can't be hard to learn how to communicate, your parents really paid 100,000+ dollars so you could learn to write a proper email. Hilarious.

>You sound like a needy faggot who strives for attention and gets mad when is ignored. Learn that you have to be a friend to those you want to be your friends too. Stop being a child.

Where the fuck did you get this? I crawled into a mental hole for years and almost fully disappeared on them, made the effort this past year to get over it and started to hang out more than every 4 months with them. During those years it was once in a while thing, and yes, I'm always up to listen to their problems while never sharing my own, or rather, never sharing the real issues- that was the problem. I was running away from my past but learned from it and now am a lot more open and feel way better.

Good luck on your education though, hopefully you can get somewhere with that defensive attitude (but you will, because you went to art school), work on that projection little buddy.
>>
File: hello don.png (381KB, 539x405px) Image search: [Google]
hello don.png
381KB, 539x405px
>feeling happy is bad
lmao

fucking /pol/ I swear
>>
File: 1466437012567.jpg (139KB, 1000x595px) Image search: [Google]
1466437012567.jpg
139KB, 1000x595px
>>2711284
I'll admit, I was rash and I could've handled that reply quite better.
>I'd call that teamwork. They work really hard and no matter what they will still never have enough to fully support me enough to go to art school. You're lucky anon.
I call that teamwork too. But what you're implying is that there aren't parents who also work together to get their child through higher education. To assume that all "rich kids" are complete assholes is completely subjective. I for one come from a middle class family, and my idea of "rich kids" to me is completely different to what you believe. I'm not saying either viewpoint is wrong, nor am I saying they're right.
Where you are financially could be thought of as "rich" in someone else's eyes. This whole argument is just another example of comparing ourselves to each other. "He's got more money, he's more handsome, etc etc," It's a destructive train of thought to constantly compare yourself.

Take drawing for example. When you look at a really good artist and say, "Man, they don't know how it really is, especially in the real world. They don't know what HARD WORK and EARNING JOBS/MONEY really feels like. They have it too easy!" You are basically revealing that you are ignorant to the work and dedication it took to get to that level. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

For example, I called you a needy faggot in my original post. You then revealed your backstory and explained why you acted that way. It changed my point of view and now it changes the way I see you. As a result it makes me look like a jackass.

Do you see how this works? To hold grudges on those who you haven't even met will only isolate you more in this lonely world. Use that negative energy elsewhere and convert it into productive energy. Holding grudges and making assumptions is a waste of time. Use that energy to get gud. If you keep sectioning off types of people you are only going to section yourself off to the world. It's not worth it.
>>
>>2710878
Not that anon, but I don't think it hurts to have a little competitive spirit and light a fire under your ass to catch up to a peer.

But, there are problems when you start getting too deep in attaching your worth as a good person to your hand skill (because there is always someone better than you), and start to project that on other artists.
>>
>>2710784
At the end of the day, what do you want?

Fame? Money? Happiness?

Pick something, m8. The only thing you truly own in this world is yourself. What is your goal in life?
>>
File: 1463387184914.gif (618KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1463387184914.gif
618KB, 500x344px
>>2711334
I see your point but still can't help but feel salty at the stereotypical tumblr kid, but ultimately you're right. I should only focus on gitting gud and not even spend the mental energy thinking about them. Totally fucking right.

I harbor no ill will towards you either, good luck mang. We all can make it no matter where we come from as long as we continue to work and learn from each other. That sounded so lame but it's the truth.
>>
>>2710813
put away the thesaurus it doesnt make you look smart. and everyone has different typing styles, professor jackass. get over yourself
>>
>>2710846
even his art is bad.....now im extra sad
>>
>>2711358
It's not that bad anymore. That was prior to my experience with the fundamentals.

I drew that like a year and a half ago.
>>
>>2711348
I want to get good enough to become an illustrator.

I want to draw until I die.

There isn't much else that brings me any sort of joy in this life.
>>
>>2711364
Hey anon. I believe what you want will come true. You have to work hard for it truly.

I've been drawing all my life. From the age of 4 to now. The years up until I was 19 were play time. They were the years I built muscles in my fingers. I drew every day after school for hours and hours.

By the time I was 19 I bought myself photoshop,yes i saved up 900 bucks and bought the stand alone copy of cs5,it still stands tall and proud on my shelf and always will. Around this time is when I started to really admire the online communities, especially the concept art forums.They opened up my eyes to a whole new world.

After the age of 19 I started taking art serious and drew everyday for at least 8 hours. Now I'm 25 and I'm at a professional level. I'm about to break out of the long harsh never ending mediocre middle stage of being an intermediate artist.

You can do it anon. You just have to work for it.
>>
>>2711372
I'm 19, and I'm doing 5 hours a day.

Did you instantaneously start doing 8 hours a day?
>>
>>2711372
Also, what's the best way to improve after you're done reading art books?

I'm slowly exhausting my supply.
>>
>>2711372
>Now I'm 25 and I'm at a professional level
Blog? Also what clients do you work for? Intermediate artist here looking for more work.
>>
>>2711379
After you're done reading art books
?

nigga I still read art books all the time everyday. I read James Gurney every week even if I can relate to most of it or understand what he's explaining. It's calming to read or listen to something you can relate to. Never stop reading.
>>
>>2711353
Good luck to you too, bro.
Stay focused and I'm sure you'll figure things out.
>>
>>2710939
yes I have.

My fear of people would neglect any opportunity.
>>
File: 1453086919727.jpg (265KB, 955x951px) Image search: [Google]
1453086919727.jpg
265KB, 955x951px
>>2711322
>complacency =/= happiness

Don't knock on a man because he has goals. He sees where he wants to be and is trying to get there. His goal is is happiness and you're telling him to stop before he even gets there. Scumbag
>>
>>2711430
this makes me want to kill myself.

hope the artist gets beheaded.
>>
>>2711399
How do you strike a good balance between studies and art books?

I'm constantly reading and taking notes, but never really going about and applying what I'm writing down.
>>
>>2711443
How do you strike a good balance?

Feed your urge to paint everyday with discipline. Solve your problems with solutions, read books, post your work online and ACCEPT criticism.

I personally enjoy reading when I'm taking a shit. The perfect time to read and study is when you got shit coming put your ass.
>>
File: 1476077250404 (1).jpg (46KB, 634x403px) Image search: [Google]
1476077250404 (1).jpg
46KB, 634x403px
>>2711372

People like you who started young are those who really rustle my jimmies hardcore arrrrrrrhhhhh72udhr

I'm 24 an evrytime i think what if i started with like 16 instead of grinding in gay ass mmorpgs...The answer is the same as why i didn't train today: "tomorrow I will"...

AAAAHRGH SERIOUSLY fuck you mate, i say this in a congratulatory way but fuck you, really

kill me jesus
>>
>>2711507
fuck you too anon.

Suck my cock and stay passionate.
>>
> tfw you're an artist who has a 9-5 day job
>>
>>2711518
here's your (you)

How do you enjoy minimum wage?
>>
>>2711443
smart thing to do is study through application mate
>>
>>2711322
you mean /r9k/,
>>
>>2711372
Post your work, faggot
>>
>>2711372
Post art

If you don't you're both lying and bad and no, you won't become "associated with 4chan" you sperg.
>>
>>2711581
>>2711590

oh fuck off and piss your pants.

I don't need any more kiss ass faggots.Go live your lives.

Cheers my boys!
>>
>>2711591
Hahahha

So fucking predictable, enjoy your life of mediocrity and mommy compliments, trash.
>>
>>2711590
Fucking janitor.
>>
>>2711595
Lmao so mad you got called out on your bullshit holy shit stay terrible
>>
>>2711596
see what anger lies beneath curiosity.You're so quick to expose your feelings.

Your predicable.Why should I share anything.
>>
>>2711598
>Why should I share anything.
Not him, but are you retarded? He's just simply asking for validation. Maybe your flowery words are actually true and not just some kitchen cookie cutter copy paste bullshit you post to make yourself feel better.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 618x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 618x340px
>>2711598
You can cover up your lack of skill with as many "prolific" ramblings as you want but it won't change the fact that you can't back up your words ;)

Any real artist who is about to go pro would have hundreds of castaway sketches to choose from and prove themselves with. Too bad you don't seem to have even one
>>
>>2711603

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaa haa

holy shit bait. 2/10 for making me respond.
>>
>>2711594
ohhh so angsty. How about you cut yourself with some of that edge?

faggot teen.
>>
>>2711606
How is this bait at all? Just because you don't like it? Because you're being called out and all your damage control is making you look like an idiot while you dig yourself further into your hole?
>>
>>2711629
choke.
>>
>>2711638
Lmao I think I broke this poor kid.
Just upload a jpg what are you so scared of
>>
>>2710801
Thats some pottery right there
>>
>>2711644
you first fag.Share twitter update.

Then I will.
>>
mods are here. I can feel it.
>>
>>2710846
Sounds like jealousy has caused you to avoid others out of fear from the negative introspective feelings that cime from it. I dont blame you i feel it too. Just discovered this girl i've had a crush on forever is finally with someone (yes i did approach her, i didnt sit on the sidelines) being a good artist doesnt make those jealous feelings go away. Having a "one up" on someone wont make you less jealous of the thing they have that you dont. I'm a tallented proffessional illustrator but im torn to pieces by loneliness and jealousy. That shit ruins your life. You should work on balancing things outrather than forcing yourself to omit very important aspects of what it is to bea human being. Facing the problem is the first step to overcoming it.
>>
>>2711655
>Having a "one up" on someone wont make you less jealous of the thing they have that you dont.

Not OP but I wish I understood this earlier. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>2711651
Lousy janitor right here, guys.

What a shit stain retard.
>>
>>2711655
I don't think in such a contorted manner, but I can omit what I want from my life for the sake of what I want.
>>
There's some real hugboxy liberal bullshit going on in this thread.

Keep it up OP, everyone needs a bit different approach to learning, but if yours makes you study 10 hours a day, it's fucking great.
>>
>>2711777
Sure you can do whatever you want, but you are the one that said you're angry and half of the reason is because they have a succesful social life. You basically said you want to overcome that by surpassing them in at least one aspect. Im telling you that can never fill the void the other leaves and you will always be miserable if you neglect it.
>>
>>2711777
I may have miss interpreted this comment as defensive, im not sure at this point. But im sure you know whats best for you, take my advice with a grainof salt . I hate typing on an ipad
>>
>>2710813
fyi I don't think you used any big words.
your post made sense
>>
>>2711819
The social aspect is negligible. I can't stand people that are better than me that fuck around with other human beings. They don't deserve to be better than me.
>>
>>2711884
Well, tough shit. Almost all the great artists at the highest level are married, in a long term relationship or at the very least have social lives. There is nothing you can do to ever surpass them because at that level, it's just a matter of personal taste. Also, what do you mean they "don't deserve it"? They most likely worked significantly harder than you on their art, despite having a social life.
>>
>>2711892
They haven't worked harder, but they have worked longer.
>>
>>2711895
They also worked smarter. And socializing with other artists probably helped them a lot too.
>>
>>2711900
I've only been at it for a year, but I'm coming up fast.

We'll see how it turns out.
>>
>>2711895
How would you know they haven't worked harder?
>>
>>2711905
At 5 hours a day of fundamental study, (minimum) over the course of 3 years they would be far better than me, but they're not. They're still better than me regardless.
>>
>>2711911
The greatest artists at the highest level are not far better than you after 1 year of studying? Yeah, the Dunning Kruger is strong in this one.
>>
File: 1463194660439.jpg (126KB, 1300x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1463194660439.jpg
126KB, 1300x1020px
>>2710784
God speed anon, you're going to make it.
>>
>>2711789
>hugboxy liberal bullshit

>>>/pol/
>>
>>2711984
Who said anything about the greatest artists?
>>
>>2710846
factory man is great

Far better than the most shit I saw here or even the best

Keep it up, maybe abstract art is something for you but ic is a board for imitation of the world and getting gud jobs .. so
>>
>>2711902
Post you're newest best work and something you aspire toward. Your last few posts have made you sound totally delusional
>>
>>2710784
'Atta boy, fuck the man! It's a shame your generation isn't more assertive like you. Your kin will learn that friends are temporary, but skill is forever. That is assuming you don't develop alzheimers or parkinsons...
>>
>>2710812
Hi
>>
Lmao this thread. Dang did the shortbus hit /ic/ or what. A bunch of tards with extra chromosones
>>
>>2711789
It's the influx of normies.
Hilarious actually, you can easily tell who they are by the way they type.
>>
>>2710801
Boogie is that you?
>>
>>2712390
Uh, the person you originally replied to.

>Almost all the great artists at the highest level are married, in a long term relationship or at the very least have social lives.
>They most likely worked significantly harder than you on their art, despite having a social life.
>They haven't worked harder, but they have worked longer.
>How would you know they haven't worked harder?
>they would be far better than me, but they're not. They're still better than me regardless.
>>
File: Agent Cooper.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Agent Cooper.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>2710784
Amen brother.
>>
>>2712850
ah good the twin peaks memes are starting. its pretty cool when that starts happening. cant wait for that new gum to come back in style.
>>
>>2712837
I thought I was speaking to a new person.

These things can be difficult sometimes.
>>
>>2711574
Same thing tbqh
>>
>>2712880
what difference does it make, it's still the same chain of replies
>>
>>2711430
holy fuck I almost spit out my beer
>>
why is everybody on here miserable and angry
>>
>other artist has balanced social, private and professional life and is better for it
>OP wants to go full no-life more than 10h/day

Well, someone is very bad at drawing conclusions.
>>
>>2715489
kys newfriend :-)
>>
>>2715508
i won't
>>
>>2710784
>10 hours
you need to go out or you will be burn out soon bro
also try to get some fans in social networks but study how...
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>See artist worse than me despite drawing 3 times as much as me
>They even progress slower than me
Fucking normies getting rekt again
>>
>>2716258
They'll catch up to you because of your ego though.
>>
File: 43444435343434.png (125KB, 245x435px) Image search: [Google]
43444435343434.png
125KB, 245x435px
>>2716259
>>2716259
>They'll catch up to you because of your ego though.
What fucking jibberish, that makes no sense besides she is the one thinking she is hot shit and drawing her cringy fanart, there is no reason to be humble, I am just describing what I'm seeing
>>
>>2716266
I think hes saying that if you get a big head you fall into a comfort praisebox and stop improving
>>
This thread is so fucking edgy I cut myself.
>>
File: 1476608198849.jpg (24KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
1476608198849.jpg
24KB, 480x432px
>>
>>2716360
utterance
>>
>>2716368
Utter trash
>>
>>2716388
glad u hated it
>>
>>2716392
Hate is a strong word. I dont care about it enough to hate it. I dont hate crumpled up candybar wrappers lying in the gutter.
>>
>>2716426
>Update
I like 'em. ojo fino
>>
>>2716668
?
>>
>>2710784
/ic/ in a nutshell
>>
motivation is motivation
if seeing others do well makes him aspire to do better himself i dont see the issue
>>
>>2716671
the painter's eye. duende spanish word
>>
>>2716699
Then she opened up a book of poems
And handed it to me
Written by an Italian poet
From the thirteenth century
And everyone of them words rang true
And glowed like burnin' coal
Pourin' off of every page
Like it was written in my soul
>>
>>2716687
>>
so isn't this the artwork critique? where are 'em?
>>
Behance.net/umpedrocorreia
>>
File: IMG_20161017_142245.jpg (870KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161017_142245.jpg
870KB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>2715489
Misery and hatred is the foundation of this site m8
>>
>>2710784
>if you dont ramp up your social intercation youll never make it.
>>
>this thread

Feels so good to live in a country with free education, going to an art school without paying a dime.
>>
>>2711022

>Don't give a fuck about friends.

How stupid. You do realize there's a middle ground, right?

You know, a point between 'drop everything at the whim of your friends' and 'Don't give a fuck about friends'?

A realization that friends come and go but that you can appreciate their company while you're friends? Help them out sometimes, ask them to help you out sometimes, and ditch the ones who obviously don't give a shit about you.
>>
>>2710784

work smart, not hard

drawing circles and lines for 10 hrs or shitty 1min sketches is useless
>>
>>2718864
>A realization that friends come and go but that you can appreciate their company while you're friends? Help them out sometimes, ask them to help you out sometimes, and ditch the ones who obviously don't give a shit about you.
How can I brainwash myself into believing this? Also how do I ditch those annoying "friends".
>>
>>2721400
just dont hang out with them. or make them come to your place and sit with you while you draw. only the people who actually give a shit will do that.all my friends will just sit in the room with me while im drawing and talk or watch a movie on screen or something.
>>
>>2711357
Bitch, his vocabulary wasn't even that complex. If anything he has extremely melodramatic and edgy prose, and writing style, but it has nothing to do with his word choice.
>>
There is no reason to feel envy.

You are an artist because you want to express something right? If someone else does it in a way you would like to do then he is basically doing the job for you.

If someone has the skills you wish you had but does not make the art you would like to do then why do you envy him?
>>
>>2711610
show some of your shit art, you cunt
>>
File: 1438532451231.jpg (28KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438532451231.jpg
28KB, 450x300px
>>2711372
>After the age of 19 I started taking art serious and drew everyday for at least 8 hours. Now I'm 25 and I'm at a professional level.
>mfw I'm 21 and draw like 1.30 hours every day because I am so fucking lazy I literally cannot concentrate sometimes and just shitpost or want to play vidya
I hate this so much about myself, fuck
I mean I see these kind of posts and think, if this guy took this much to make it and has drawn so many hours a day, how can I even get good if I draw 2 hours on a good day? Goddamnit man.
>>
>>2711372
post your work or kill yourself
>>
>>2724234
Read the rest of the thread...
>>
>>2724241
I see a bunch of posts relevant to what I wrote? But I suppose I wasn't really looking for any kind of answer, if that is what you're referring to
What I think is that I just need to stop fucking around and get to studying for at least 3 hours every day
I know how to fix this problem and I know I can do it anytime, but the lazyness is STRONG in me and it might take a while before I actually do it.
>>
File: 1437097980262.png (27KB, 198x100px) Image search: [Google]
1437097980262.png
27KB, 198x100px
I feel far more confident and better when I work whole day, makes me less frustrated
>>
>>2724241
What is here to find? Really
>>
>>2724234
I feel you /:
I'm not exactly lazy, but I have a 9-6 job and I'm never satisfied with my practice routine, almost everyday feels like a wated one, and sometimes I really feel like I will never gonna make it, despite being pretty serious about my decision
>>
File: op.png (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
44KB, 800x600px
This is how you fucking look like OP
>>
>>2710788
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2724295
The crudeness of your stickmen offend me. Leave this board at once.
>>
File: 1461787211562.jpg (28KB, 400x355px) Image search: [Google]
1461787211562.jpg
28KB, 400x355px
its really pathetic, but the jealousy presented in this thread makes me feel good about myself, because i have always known better artists than me when growing up so its never a big deal when someone else posts good art

you congratulate them. cuz how would you like people responding to your art you worked hard on?

desu im not good by any standard, but I seem to still instill envy in many of the "better" artists I met

says something about being human
>>
>>2710784

Does the word "dandelion" mean anything to you?
>>
>>2724361
is that pic related what it takes to make it
>>
>>2724702

if you ever want to draw like ur best artist, think of this as the rock you have to carry to get god strokes for lines
>>
Reading this thread motivates me to git gud so I can piss off people like OP.
>>
Coccoon mode is a meme. Eventually the loneliness and emptiness of it all starts messing with your head and your art gains suffer.

Trying to reduce yourself into a machine for producing pictures is a pretty sad waste of a life imo.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>2710845
nice bait friend, now go back to your filthy frog board
>>
>>2711507
i know that feel

instead of motivating me it just reminds me how far behind I am.
it fills me with anxiety and regret.

how can i be great when i should've been at this level before I even graduated highschool??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
Go get 'em, tiger.
>>
File: 1403447622403.jpg (18KB, 374x452px) Image search: [Google]
1403447622403.jpg
18KB, 374x452px
>>2724728
>Do Cocoon mode everyday of my life
>Don't have a single bad day

I pretty much just listen to Coco Jambo all day on my computer and enjoy my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOrc37wNUqU
>>
>>2710798

I didn't realize /ic/ had pathetic surface level normie ideology posters here.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.