[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to take a pencil sketch, and "fill

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Head Color.png (750KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Head Color.png
750KB, 1280x720px
What's the best way to take a pencil sketch, and "fill it out" so that it doesn't look like a pencil sketch anymore?

I'm having a bitch of a time with GIMP working on this crap (no tablet... fml).
>>
im not expert on this but i think a tool called vector tool and using stabilizers
>>
i would also be interested in hearing about this if anyone has ideas on it. usually i keep the original pencil lines if they are nice enough, or go over them in pen.i usually do a few cleanup runs before being done with the pencil/inked line, then scan in and just darkening the pencil lines with the level adjust to be solid black.my scanner makes the resolution of the picture very large so then i re-size the pixels to lower which makes them look like a solid line again.. then converting it to a multiply layer and making all the filling in under the multiply layer.
>>
>>2709643
Actually, the original of this is full body and is over 200mb because I used the highest setting on our scanner. The one I'm editing is only 500kb :p
>>
File: Head Color.png (788KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Head Color.png
788KB, 1280x720px
>>2709603
So here's what I got after a couple hours with GIMP and using the Path, Blur, and Colorize tools. Probably a better way, but I have no idea what I'm doing :p
>>
just paint it then put the linework on the top layer and set the layer to "multiply" lol
>>
>>2709603
Use vector, modify the width throughout to make it more natural, then apply a good brush to it. It's a pain in the ass to do, but it'll work out
>>
>>2709603
Gimp is pretty useless for this, as it doesn't allow you to draw vectors the simple way. Krita had direct support for drawing lines and all kinds of curves without something as awkward as the path tool.

As for black outlines and coloring this in general, look at some books about digital colorisation. E.g. "キャラクターをつくろう!CG彩色テクニック 3 改訂版" or "moe bishoujo chara no tsukuri kata."
>>
If you're using a tablet, getting used to SAI is a pretty good idea, pen tool's boss for line work :) Good luck on your journey, OP, look up Steve Huston on youtube if you want to learn how to draw heads.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.