[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>post your work Has anybody ever won an argument here

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1447741054906.jpg (54KB, 427x461px) Image search: [Google]
1447741054906.jpg
54KB, 427x461px
>post your work

Has anybody ever won an argument here
by posting their art?
>>
>>2707734
Yeah all the time,but I always turn out looking like a pretentious douche fag. No body likes that.
>>
File: merc_wip.jpg (571KB, 916x1100px) Image search: [Google]
merc_wip.jpg
571KB, 916x1100px
ya
>>
>>2707742
Why his head so small and squished
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>2707734

>Post your work
>He posts
>Fuck, It's good

W-What a boring piece of shit/ Obviously traced/ Y-you're not gonna make it.
>>
>>2707746
you're dumb.
>>
>>2707734
Not really. Even if it's good, you've proved yourself petty and showoffish so they win the debate anyway.

Generally if someone pulls that line, it's just shorthand for "walk away, I have no interest in continuing this conversation". Unless you sound like a jealous bitch in which case they're calling you out pretty effectively.

It's just that as a trump card it's way overused. Anonymity was a mistake.
>>
>>2707760
>Showing off
its an objectvie way to test if your advice is good.

If you know so much shit about art, you should be able to apply it, else your argument is worthless.
>>
>>2707742
What's the reference of this meme? I saw it many times here.
>>
>>2707785
>anon:"post work"
>other anon posts merc_wip.jpg
>from then on it is the go to answer for "post work"

As far as I know that's all there is to it.
Probably has something to do with it being a sort of epitome of what people who want to be concept artists paint.
>>
>>2707762
except no one here is giving any super specific and obscure advice that needs verification of one's own skill. 99% of the time, it's the most basic shit such as "your fundamentals are lacking, study more Loomis!" that triggers a "post your work" response. The person saying it doesn't want to verify if your advice is legit, they feel like you personally insulted them with your advice and they want you to post your own work, so they can insult yours in return.
>>
>>2707806
Cant insult my work if I'm better than them and know what the shit im talking about.
>>
>>2707815
Unless your work is absolute god tier, of course they can. Just look at how much shit people like Tehmeh or Teal got for giving highly competent advice while backing it up with their work. People got even angrier and even more vindictive BECAUSE those 2 knew what they were talking about.
>>
>>2707762
Only time I've gotten a post your work is when I'd spilled my guts out on /ic/ and some smug asshole thinks that means I just whine 24/7 and never draw, that bitch didn't come out again though. A post your work can mean a lot of things.

It's not petty to want to shut up some salty, sparkless NEETfag- sometimes you gotta show what you do. It also helps with humbling arrogant fucks who insult everyone in a thread then get laughed out because their work is unsurprisingly mediocre.
>>
>>2707802
you also forgot to mention
>merc_wip becomes meme of the century
>>
>>2707865
he's a big guy
>>
>>2707895
for you
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.