[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>artist draws an amazing piece >go check their profile

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1441154544350.png (220KB, 349x346px) Image search: [Google]
1441154544350.png
220KB, 349x346px
>artist draws an amazing piece
>go check their profile to see more of their art
>the rest of their art is shit/mediocre

Why does this happen?

It's like when a musician/band has one really good song and the rest of their music is just plain and boring.
>>
everyone can have good ideas , just not all the time in most cases.
>>
you can't always draw to the same quality/goals
not all people have the same taste

why the shit thread?
>>
Because art is about evolution. That one amazing piece could not have happened without all those other shitty pieces.
>>
>>2707647
post an example?
>>
>>2707647
post your work
>>
>>2707724
>>2707725
Two kinds of people in this world.
>>
>>2707647
OP.

You just gave it no thought.

It's because the artist is posting bad and mediocre art. You answered your own question. SOme artists just post everything they paint and draw, which is in most cases mediocre or bad. All those pro artists who make 25k a year only share the "good stuff". which makes them look so much better than they actually are,they paint shit art all the time, we just don't see it.
>>
>>2707732
HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>2707732
>25k/year
>pro artists make slightly more than minimum wage
wew lad
>>
>>2707647
If you're talking about a difference in technical skill, often times an artist will have a break-through piece where things they studied previously finally fall into place and it will look much better than anything they've done prior to that.
>>
If it's only ONE piece, that reaaaallly pops out from other pieces from same artist in quality, then you can call it "lucky strike" or he used a lot of references or he spend waaay more time on thst piece than other.

Anyway, there is ALWAYS reason behing inconsistency (probably spelled this wrong). And keep in mind that what clients are looking for is only quality in CONSISTANT work.
When you show them your portfolio, your skills will be judged by you worst work in it. You probably know that.

But like you said.. its in all art fields, not just drawing and painting.
Musician also hit that "lucky strike".
What lucky strike is good for is promotion.
I bet you know one or two good songs from one band and don't know other songs from them or don't like them.

Buuut for some reason, when person hits that lucky strike in drawing or painting, all the questions cumes up: "how could he draw that considering his skills?" Etc
>>
>>2707727
kek
>>
>>2707727
kek
>>
>>2707727
kek
>>
>>2707647
If you draw 1000+ shitty drawings, you are bound to eventually draw something decent by mistake.
>>
>>2707656
underrated post
>>
>Why does this happen?

In my case it's because maybe 1 in 10 (probably a bit optimistic even) drawings I put full effort into and apply what I learned in the other 9 drawings.

Then I do a bunch more drawings that are experimental/half-assed/unfinished. Rinse and repeat.

The really consistently good artists have usually found their stride, but you'll notice that in most (but not all) cases their work has consistent quality due to a consistent subject matter/palette/style/etc. They've got that shit on lockdown, but consistency can stifle creativity at times.

Also there's no accounting for taste. Some of my favorite drawings flop on social media, then I'll post a shitty sketchdump and people will eat it up.
>>
>>2707647
Hmm well i used to post daily for a year total garbage, deleted it all when i realised how bad it was, 6 month hiatus post some mediocre. 6 month hiatus post new stuff thats better. Boom theres your situation look at upload dates
>>
>>2707647
>artist produces a wide range of work, extremely varied.
>some 4chan faggot finds one of their pieces that especially caters to his tastes
>Since artist is so varied, very few of his pieces fit this faggot anon's personal faggotry
>Anon goes online to bitch about how the artist is shit because not all of the artist's art caters specifically to the princess of 4chan
>>
Some people are still trying to find their style and what works best for them.
>>
>>2707749
This is true...

Infact many actually make less than minimum wage.
>>
>>2707727
kek
>>
That actually is me, thats me.
Ill create this master piece but then ill forget how to draw hands the next day.
I guess i got brain problems
>>
>>2707647
They probably just leveled up to pro
>>
File: 1409010092206.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
1409010092206.gif
156KB, 260x187px
>>2709370
Can I get some more information on this?
>>
>>2709712
super pro freelance artists or any studio artist makes minimum wage.

But most pro freelance artists are livin the dream with 15k a year.
>>
>>2709716
wow what a bunch of losers.
>>
sometimes i just surprise myself with what i draw. its like, how the hell did i manage to do that??
>>
File: 1436740390147.jpg (65KB, 585x454px) Image search: [Google]
1436740390147.jpg
65KB, 585x454px
>>2709716
You only make minimum wage if you work for 100$ a painting. If you can't snag a 300$ job, you shouldn't be painting in the first place.

It's better to work at Walmart and do fundamental studies in your free time than to get shit in your eyes, mouth, and hair and never get better.
>>
>>2707656
this
>>
>>2709712
It depends on your skill and how you market yourself. It IS a competitive market you know? This is why the fundamentals are important. Sets you apart from the garbage unless you just draw fanart
>>
>>2707749

mfw in my country 25k usd is a fortune. its like making four times the average salary.

can't wait to find a shit online art job and make more than my dad makes even after 25 years of experience.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.