[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>its about the idea mannnnnn why arent you spray painting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Joan-Miro-Tate-Modern-007.jpg (20KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Joan-Miro-Tate-Modern-007.jpg
20KB, 460x276px
>its about the idea mannnnnn

why arent you spray painting a color onto a canvas, saying its about global capitalism, then selling it to some jew so he can launder his money yet?
>>
I'm not famous.
>>
>>2707453

Because if you're a nobody who gives a fuck?

You have to make a name for yourself first dummy.
>>
>>2707453
Because making good images is a lot more fun?
>>
Don't you have to be part of a rich family and have mad connections to get away with this shit?
>>
>>2707453
>being into the jewish money laundry
>>
>>2707453
Who the fuck gets into art to get rich?
>>
File: tumblr_ndo7ujxEoG1rb7w1io1_500.jpg (48KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndo7ujxEoG1rb7w1io1_500.jpg
48KB, 500x375px
>>2707453
Why would anyone need to stand so close to something that is literally a solid color.

>Look Ma! I'm appreciating art!
>>
>>2708797
i'd be curious about the texture, that would probably be the only part of it worth looking at
>>
>>2708797
Because it does stuff to your brain
I'm serious, if you have a chance to see large color field-ish paintings irl, go there and try to get as much of your field of vision as possible filled by the painting for at least five minutes or so. I promise, you'll "get it". Nothing intellectual about that.
But you probably watch movies on your laptops. Or phones. I'm not even calling you plebs. Plebs lack intelligence. You use your intelligence for oversimplifying.
>>
>>2708797
I thought it was just the person being in awe and thinking to themselves...
"Wow...this bullshit is considered art..."
>walks away pretending to be enriched...
>>
>>2709226
I do get it, its about the idea or the process, not the final product.

Its still fucking stupid
>>
File: indasdaex.png (278KB, 533x410px) Image search: [Google]
indasdaex.png
278KB, 533x410px
>>2709306
>>
File: work88b.jpg (37KB, 379x252px) Image search: [Google]
work88b.jpg
37KB, 379x252px
https://www.rtvnh.nl/nieuws/188802/propje-van-honderden-euros-belandt-per-ongeluk-in-prullenbak-

>art show here in my city in The Netherlands
>Britbong artist submits a crumpled a4 paper sheet as work
>some janitor mistakes it for trash after closing time and throws it away
>Britbong gets mad and claims it was worth at least €500
Wouldn't you just love getting away with this shit?
>>
>>2707453
>its about global capitalism
>selling it to some jew so he can launder his money
so it really is about global capitalism then?
>>
>>2707453
I don't draw nor am I interested in drawing but I lurk ic for whatever reason. I wonder if I could just pull something out of my ass and submit it to one of these art shows.
>>
>>2712345
wow, its almost like there are other types of art besides painting and drawing!
>>
So much bullshit about modern art making you "experience the power" of the image, you have to see it in person for it to work, it interacts with the viewer
It's the most selfish and shallow form of art
A good painting is a good painting whether it's in a gallery or an abandoned basement because it's artistic value is within
This contemporary art shit is reliant on an audience, and explanation, context. Without those things it's worthless. The only difference between a rothko and a paint colour test square on your wall is that you're told the rothko is better, it's not. I've been to plenty of modern art galleries, I've stood there and tried to experience it's "power". There's nothing, there's no magic, it's just a pile of shit and this shit only gets away with it because it doesn't really impact people's lives.
Music is very similar to art but you don't see concerts of people playing scales or pressing 1 key for 20 minutes because it's bullshit and people want to hear a good song
>>
>>2712345
They wouldn't accept the work for one of these shows if you're a nobody within the art world. You're going to need some connections as well as a CV that shows artistic achievements and involvement in the arts community, and possibly a degree.
>>
>>2712429
>Music is very similar to art but you don't see concerts of people playing scales or pressing 1 key for 20 minutes because it's bullshit and people want to hear a good song

Lol, dude, i like painting, but im a big music fan, look up a guy named john cage and his "song" 4'33
>>
>>2707453
you do understand that most of those modern art priceless masterpieces are just money laundering schemes right? Art is always used to launder money because it is a tangible piece that can be set at whatever price the (((artist))) and (((buyer))) wants it to be and the government won't bat an eye because "THEY JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ART, MAAAN."
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.