[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy eff I hate drawing. How often do you get frustrated to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1475545442775.png (858KB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1475545442775.png
858KB, 1600x1597px
Holy eff I hate drawing.

How often do you get frustrated to the point where you want to end your life?
>>
>>2703508
because of drawing ? never since I'm not a little bitchboi
>>
>>2703508
its fun?

>OP doesnt have 'the spark'
>>
>>2703508
Everyday, OP. But I remind myself that I'm going to be able to draw cool shit one day and get paid for it.
>>
>>2703508

I hate the fact that I can't draw as much atm because of finals.
>>
>>2703508
you must be doing things the honest "20yrs plus- to-see-some-decent-results" way

start tracing become Nadar status
>>
>>2703508
every day motherfucker. If you don't want to kill yourself your doing it wrong
>>
>>2703549
I hate not drawing in general.
>>
File: 1459971622496.jpg (29KB, 511x515px) Image search: [Google]
1459971622496.jpg
29KB, 511x515px
>>2703508
Very rarely, perhaps once a month on a bad day. Why exactly are you getting frustrated? Are you a beginner and you're not getting the results you want? Are you experimenting with a different style or process and it's not clicking?

Once I realized that it takes a really long time to get where you want to be, frustration levels lowered.
>>
>>2703702
I hate that after a year I still need to call myself a beginner, but yeah. I'm looking for a certain result, and I'm just not seeing it.
>>
This only happens if you're so new you don't understand the ultra fundies, otherwise the worse it gets is mild frustration.
>>
>>2703702
>tfw it's the reverse for me
I feel bad 90% of the time but onice in a while I really enjoy it.
>>2703714
>still beginner after a year
Same. I was expecting to improve way more then I did. Also my New Years resolution was to get 1 commission by the end of the year, guess that won't happen either.
>>
>>2703714
We're all going at our own pace. Just remember to not stop and have faith in YOUR OWN self that you'll get to where you need to be.
>>
>>2703854
>tfw got 10$ to spare
>not sure if should use it on anon over here
>>
>>2703893
nah don't. It wouldn't feel right.
>>
>>2703893
>tfw no $10 to spare
>>
>>2703963
If you say so, anon. In essence, you already got it, so now you can move on in life with a new goal.

>>2703974
>tfw this anon could really use it if he did commissions
>>
>>2703508
I think you may have to be more patient with yourself. try spending about a week on a drawing off and on and see if you can't calm down.
>>
>>2703714
dude, its inevitable that it'll take a long time

some people dont even "make it" until their in their 40's
Some of my favorite artists are in their 40's now. it takes a lot time to get to the point where you can just draw anything with no issue, and it takes a lot of failed drawings to get there.

those artists had to go through probably a million-billion-gajillion bad drawings to get to the point where they are now.

You have to realize that once you stop, you dont improve, you cant get better unless you keep going, and failing is just another step forward if you understand your mistake and attempt to correct it later.

try to draw every day, it'll become a habit. more importantly try to condition yourself to not feel sad when your drawing turns out bad, just see it as a mistake that you'll try to improve on or correct. Nobody is going to see your bad drawings or practice sheets, so dont get too discouraged when you draw something that doesnt look perfect.

The most important part about staying on track is keeping your positivity about drawing.
>>
>>2703963
Not same anon nor do I have monies, but post work for sake of conversation?
>>
not end my life. but I have destroyed 2 laptops and 4 tablets.

HNNNGGGGGGGG
>>
File: 038.jpg (410KB, 1280x1843px) Image search: [Google]
038.jpg
410KB, 1280x1843px
>>2703508
Occasionally. Normally I get over it by watching junk that's got a similar art style to mine, or looking at the works of some of my artistic inspirations. Remind me why I'm still doing this shit, and of all my dreams.

>pic related, it's by takehito harada, an exceptional artist who's stuff inspires me to get back in the groove
>>
Never.
>>
>>2703508
why does every single post with this specific exact anime image consist of a cynical and retarded attitude to literally any topic ever
I don't understand
its every single board with this shit
>>
>>2703508
Everyday OP.
>>
The thing that pisses me off is that there is so much shit to do, I feel like I'm never doing the right thing, because there are a thousand alternatives to everything, then I even forget shit because if I don't do every single aspect (shading, anatomy, figure drawing, etc.) every day, I "forget" it and have to relearn it aka rereading the same books for the 5th time or rewatching the same tutorials for the 100000000000000th time.

How the fuck do people manage to imporive

I hate myself so much
>>
>>2712309
it's called dont have too many cooks in the kitchen, take advice and inspiration from a few sources that make sense to you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.