[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate krita How can a simple piece of software be so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1460592134821.gif (1MB, 478x357px) Image search: [Google]
1460592134821.gif
1MB, 478x357px
I fucking hate krita
How can a simple piece of software be so obfuscating?
Everytime I try to give it a chance I stumble upon more and more annoyances.
>>
>>2702320
holy shit i feel the same way

ive been using sai for years and decided to move to krita, and im in hell
>>
>>2702320
So use PS
>>
>>2702320
How so? Only starting to try digital drawing and am starting with Krita for animation. What makes it annoying?
>>
Oh come on it can't be that bad.
Its 1000% better than gimp
>>
File: 1469546371741.jpg (141KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1469546371741.jpg
141KB, 900x675px
>>2702320
what version you on? I can only tolerate versions released within the last few months personally.

It's still an annoying piece of shit on newer versions but I love it regardless, I even built my own bleeding edge copy just to try experimental features like the quick brush.

>>2702348
Small idiosyncrasies, For example, you can do a lot to layers purely from hotkeys, like converting them to other layer types, changing their stacking order etc, but you can't yet toggle a layers visibility from a hotkey, for now it has to be done by mousing to the layer docker.
>>
File: 798fc127521.png (120KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
798fc127521.png
120KB, 500x408px
>>2702348
When you come from traditional media and then come from sai having to deal with so many menus and configurations becomes annoying.

>Eyedropper stays after pressing the shortcut. In sai I only need to hold a key to pick a color and then continue painting, on krita I have to jump beatween the shortcuts for the eyedropper and the brush
>Have to configure the teblet's pressure on krita instead of using the one I configured on wacom's properties
>Scan pencil drawing to paint over it, krita says its on gray scale mode and doesn't let me use colors. Close krita open, gimp and change the picture's mode to rgb
>Now I can paint in color but none of the default brushes is opaque enough for on screen color mixing
>Use krita's color sliders but you have to select the colors from a menu. this is incredibly annoying since I use them all the time in say to mix color I eyedropped from the painting

>>2702358
I'm sure I have the latest stable build
>>
File: 1475393320239.png (19KB, 124x126px) Image search: [Google]
1475393320239.png
19KB, 124x126px
>>2702368
Read docs.krita.org, almost everything you listed can be configured to your liking.

>Eyedropper
The "eyedropper" can be invoked in more than one way.

The "generic" way is by using a run-of-the-mill keyboard shortcut (Settings > Configure Krita > Keyboard Shortcuts): A button that enables the eyedropper tool when pressed.

The other way is an "Alternate Invocation" (Settings > Configure Krita > Canvas Input Settings > Alternate Invocation), you could say it is a special kind of "keyboard shortcut", but it actually isn't. It is fairly self explanatory once you navigate to the setting so I won't detail it here.

>Tablet Pressure is configured in krita
I don't see what the problem with this is. I can have different brushes that have pressure curves if I want, which is great.

>Gray Scale
Image > Convert Image Color Space

>No opaque brushes
I think you meant "transparent". If a brush were completely opaque you wouldn't be able to mix colours with Normal blending. Tweak the brush's opacity curve or make your own brush.

>Colors from menu
Clarify what you meant here please.
>>
File: 1475559806.png (127KB, 1089x715px) Image search: [Google]
1475559806.png
127KB, 1089x715px
>>2702398
This is my Alternate Invocation configuration
>>
File: 1391033385007.jpg (7KB, 240x229px) Image search: [Google]
1391033385007.jpg
7KB, 240x229px
>>2702320
Why not just pirate Adobe Photoshop?
I don't understand.

Why deal with such a flaming piece of shit?
Why do it?

I don't know what the hell Krita is, and I don't want to to know.
>>
>>2702358
>but you can't yet toggle a layers visibility from a hotkey, for now it has to be done by mousing to the layer docker.
Yeah, I asked the developer about that a few months ago and they said sadly it wasn't possible

Suffering, I really want it to suceed too
>>
>>2702320
I feel the same fucking hate...
about photoshop. Can't understand how people use this utter shit and say it's the best.
Yes, Krita don't have some things and not very intuitive for novice but it so fucking much better.

>>2702400
And? Ctrl+LB is colorpick, Alt+Ctrl+LB is colorpick from current layer. Just reassign it how you like. In Krita it's possible unlike in PS.
>>
I only use krita and don't really have any problem with it, aside from it shitting itself and lagging when using huge brushes, but that could also be from my shitty laptop.
>>
>>2702505
I have quite powerful PC but Krita still laggs than I use big and complicated brushes.
Just and advise: don't use auto spacing and set precision to 1.
Also you can always turn on "instant preview mode".
>>
>>2702619
Alright I'll keep that in mind, thanks anon.
>>
>>2702398
>The "eyedropper" can be invoked in more than one way.
The shortcut is not my issue, is the fact I need to press another key to return to the brush

>I don't see what the problem with this is
I don't see the point when I already configures those same options on the tablet's driver

>Image > Convert Image Color Space
I tried doing this but through a different menu, this specific one flew over my head

>I think you meant "transparent".
I just don't want any white tints on my colors when I mix them.

>Clarify what you meant here please.
on the colors sliders one has to choose the colors from a pop up windows that has the color wheel and swatches.
>>
>>2702973
>The shortcut is not my issue, is the fact I need to press another key to return to the brush
>>2702400 and >>2702479

>I don't see the point when I already configures those same options on the tablet's driver
If you configures it on the driver it should work everywhere.

>on the colors sliders one has to choose the colors from a pop up windows that has the color wheel and swatches.
No idea that you are talking about but "H" button shows bunch last used colors
>>
>I am computer illiterate and have no idea what I am talking about
Literally none of your complaints are true
>>
>>2703080
>and
I will have to try this

>If you configures it on the driver it should work everywhere.
That is the point I'm trying to make, I should not need to configure it once in the driver and again on krita

>"H" button shows bunch last used colors
It only shows colors I've used on the sliders themselves and not on the canvas
>>
>>2702973
>I don't see the point when I already configures those same options on the tablet's driver
on the table's driver you configure it for all brushes it the same way, in krita you can make a unique configuration for each brush, depending on the effect you want
>>
I'm using it for sprite animation since I don't feel like pirating photoshop on my laptop. Overall it seems like a nice program, but what bothers me is that I can't do "cut out" style frame animations as easily as I can in photoshop. It also requires copying of frames which creates a new image for each layer and greatly increases the file size. I don't know if they plan on adding motion tweening, but if they do that would solve the problem
>>
>>2704291
Not sure if that's what cut out animation is, but a guy is making an animation out of still images, you can find a story on it on their site. I think there may have been a tutorial or process included, it might help your workflow
>>
>>2704327
https://krita.org/en/item/pepper-carrot-comic-goes-animated/
is this what you're talking about? He's mostly using blender for the animation.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.