[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please rate composition http://zacarovs.deviantart.com/art/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

please rate composition

http://zacarovs.deviantart.com/art/Orc-And-goat-638013045
>>
3/10. you cropped out the sword. that's a big no no op.
>>
>>2701509
You could have done a much, MUCH more dramatic and dynamic angle with this scene! Sorry, but composition-wise, you really missed the mark here, 2/10.
>>
>>2701509
stop painting form your head. you're better off studying realism and painting form life until you've mastered it. other wise you're stunting your growth as an artist.

you're not ready to be drawing from your head.4/10 dat blur though
>>
my pepe has a fefe
>>
>>2701509
Why is the vanishing point at his belt?
>>
>>2702323
Let's just say he's "riding the goat" if you know what I mean. The composition is just a way to subtly draw attention to what this image actually is.
>>
>>2702325
Nothing really flows, my focus is just stuck there.
>>
>>2701509
It's really bad. An action pose with high sense of motion and the character is straight in front of the POV? That alone should make you scrap it as a thumbnail, or even before that, as an idea.

You want to be more dynamic. Rotate the torso to the left, raise his left arm - this will incidentally show his sword in full view too.
Have torso and shoulders overlapping a bit. Have the back arched a bit. Give the head more of a tilt.
He doesn't look at all like he's riding during some action/dynamic scene, more like he's taking the bus while holding a bag.

Just a simple fix to at least save this shit, off the top of my head.

Oh, and your main character is looking at a fucking rock. I expected it was a victim before opening the thumbnail, but it's a god damn rock. Dude what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>2701509
very bad read the sticky stop symbol drawing needs loomis and so on and so forth
>>
all motion should be diagonal and vertical toward the viewer, the goat is doing this, but the orc decreases the motion by having a static horizontal pose, instead of charging forward he makes the viewer go across the canvas in motion
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.