[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with this sense of urgency of wanting to bring

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1450860135619.jpg (191KB, 1000x696px) Image search: [Google]
1450860135619.jpg
191KB, 1000x696px
How do you deal with this sense of urgency of wanting to bring your ideas on paper while at the same time not having the skills to do so and knowing that it will take quite a while until you have them? It makes it hard for me to stay patient and focused during exercises.
>>
one piece at a time
>>
That´s easy: make a list of what you want to depict as soon as you are able to,
Just make a pretty detailed description of the future picture, and store that file until you are confident to execute it.
The detailed, juicy description should help you to look forward to actually do it.
>>
>>2701292
no shit, thats why you need to spend huge ammount of time learning to draw before creating truly satisfying work. go read the sticky and get good.
also delete this pointless thread
>>
Make doodles/thumbs of your ideas.
>>
>>2701292
I wish I could draw panel 5 that well.
>>
>>2701738
>>>/nbeg/
>>
Use a sketchbook. I use mine to both research and work out ideas,and as a dream journal for outlandish stuff I barely remember and want to capture,however roughly.
>>
>>2701292
You already correctly assessed the problem.
Now just don't get impatient.

Remember:
The time fixing a piece is probably longer than the time invested in doing it properly in the first place.
>>
>>2701292
I draw it and save it to redraw it better later.
>>
>>2701292
>How do you deal with this sense of urgency of wanting to bring your ideas on paper while at the same time not having the skills to do so

Commission art to let the ideas out, while practicing and leveling up your art.

Also, commissioning artists helps you learn the do's and donts when it comes to dealing with clients.

When the day comes, for you to open your own commissions you won't be as lost as other starting freelancers
>>
>>2703529
> commissioning artists helps you learn the do's and donts when it comes to dealing with clients.
This is actually a pretty good idea.
How would I go about commissioning an artist? I actually have no idea lol. Already tracing the mind of a client.
>>
>>2701292
Relax.

Calm down.

The idea isn't as great as you think it is. Just calmly and slowly get decent and you'll be illustrating with the best of them.

Impatience is the death of progress.
>>
>>2703584
Ask for their rates and then tell them what you want and they'll tell you whether or not they want to do it.
>>
>>2701292
just try to do it. break it all down into simple steps and make it work. make the use of everything the program you use to draw has to offer; if you do traditional put some reference and measurement behind what you're doing.
>>
>>2703369
>The time fixing a piece is probably longer than the time invested in doing it properly in the first place.
You're fucking retarded. Any intelligent, successful professional will tell you fixing your mistake improves you significantly faster than ignoring them
>>
im not going to make it, and im ok with that.

I draw for my own pleasure, and my way of dealing may not be good for someone wanting to achieve perfection

My process is to make a list with all the things i want the drawing to be, then i break it down into exercises. I then grind the excercises untill im sorta confident i got it down and try to make the final drawing, sometimes thats it and im satisfied, other times im not and i analyze my fault/errors/problems and start over from there with making a list, exercises etc untill im satisfied.

Dont fall into the trap of thinking your Tools are shit or that you need more, its easy to blame your lack of colored pencils for not getting the corect skintone or whatever, when in reality you simply need more skill.
>>
>>2704320
Yeah now that you can use mineral spirits or marker thinner/blender to you know... blend colored pencil strokes and colors. Aside from just using white colored pencil for it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.