[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I ask why you guys have so much contempt for style? And how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: the-black-cape-1894.jpg (2MB, 1923x2609px) Image search: [Google]
the-black-cape-1894.jpg
2MB, 1923x2609px
Can I ask why you guys have so much contempt for style? And how far that goes? Like, do you dislike Van Gogh and the impressionists? (though I guess that's not really a "style", but you get what I mean) Do you hate Picasso?
>>
>>2700923
/ic/ isn't one person. Plenty of people here like stylized works and various art movements. Plenty of people don't.
>>
>>2700923
cause art is subjective you can't please everybody with any style,it doesn't matter what you paint or how you paint.
>>
>>2700954
underrated post.
>>
>>2700923
Style without fundamentals =/= style with fundamentals. It's really not a game of semantics here. Don't try to make it one.
>>
>>2700928
so you think it's just a vocal minority? Well I suppose that's plausible. thank you.
>>2700954
I understand this, but it seems that anyone who strays from the intense hyperrealist killing yourself FZD school of art falls below standards here.
>>2700957
picasso did know the fundies. look at his more realistic art that conformed more to the norms
>>
I honestly believe you're shooting yourself in the foot by not trying to appreciate all categories of drawing & painting. They all have something to offer that can inform and benefit your own practice if you let them.
>>
>>2700962
that was my question, though. whether the people here make that distinction or not. kiss my ass you little rat.
>>
FZD is shit. Have you actually seen the graduates work?

It's absolute garbage. I't's beginning to convince me that being able to make good art is something you're born with.
>>
File: goodart.jpg (485KB, 1343x2000px) Image search: [Google]
goodart.jpg
485KB, 1343x2000px
FZD graduates will never paint anything close to this.
>>
it's funny to think that 100 years ago /ic/ would have shat on anything that wasn't cubism

in the context of a japanese image board in 2016 its not surprising it loves figurative drawings and animu instead
>>
File: no.gif (3MB, 471x309px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
3MB, 471x309px
>>2700985
>>
>>2700985
why is the building so bland and boring?
>>
>>2701002
sounds like your opinion.
>>
>>2700985
cool man...whose deviantart is this from lol
>>
>>2700985
>goodart.jpg
That's enough /ic/ for me tonight.
>>
>>2700969
Maybe you should lurk more instead of wasting threads on pointless questions.
>>
>>2701039
maybe i have better things to do with my time? like....practicing my art..?
>>
Oh look another tartlet who is buttmad his "style" or his favorite hack got called out.
>>
>>2701047
>i have better things to do
>still shitposting like a 12 year old
ok
>>
>>2701057
uh huh
>>
>>2700985
no, really, here's your (you). (you)'ve earned it.
>>
>>2701072
where'd i say i lurk /ic/ "all the fucking time"? where did i say i don't practice? do you think everyone who gives advice in /beg/ should stop telling shitposters who can't resize to lurk more, when it would stop all the shitty drawings that get their own threads made?
>>
>>2701080
my pepe has a fefe
>>
>>2701074
you think this is a joke anon?

I'm being serious.
>>
>>2700985
Man, I really dont fancy obvious and "cheap" compositions like that, its so boring to watch.
>>
>>2701124
I like the bottom half of the picture, but yeah as a whole the composition isn't working for me.
>>
Because i see a lot of "muh styles' that lack basics
But i not only like Realism. Love James Jean for ex
>>
I love modern art because my camera makes better pictures any of this spoiled realism brats could draw or paint

And last but not least will never any realism guy get the expression of good modern art into his boring dead "artworks"

Also anyone who knows a bit about art history ... no one here obviously ... type like most of you faggots about modernism

plebs
>>
File: Rocks sold as modern art.jpg (44KB, 690x245px) Image search: [Google]
Rocks sold as modern art.jpg
44KB, 690x245px
>>2704935
Spoiled realism brats? I think you mean justified critics of contemporary society because I just saw this get labeled as modern art. A rock at its base level. Perhaps, a commentary on the artificial worth that humans create?

All manner of things are art, but saying that your artwork is "better" because it is modern is stupid, when the point of modern art was create new standards and new forms.

Saying the old is done and the new is history to be made, is a unfortunate consequence of close minded beliefs.
>>
>>2706373
there is art and art, Kandinsky wrote about false art that is and can be very successful and the clean, free, true art

art became free with the
birth of abstraction
no pressure to imitate the world
freedom in every way to express what ever the artists wants and moves him
like music

nonetheless it depends on the artists which technique is the best form for his art

This modern stone installation is not very accosting in my opinion
>>
>>2704935
A painting can have both realism and style
What do you even think style is?
>>
I don't like Van Gogh or Picasso.

I don't have contempt for style, though. I just have contempt for people who use "style" as an excuse for their lack of skill.
>>
>>2701047

> like....practicing my art..?

He says while wasting his time on /ic/.

You really shouldn't talk about having better things to do.
>>
>>2704935

If you look at any quality realism (realism, not hyper-realism, which is a waste of fucking time).

You can have a realistic painting that isn't hyper-realistic. A skilled realist painter makes artistic decisions. Sadly normies like yourself don't really grasp that, so they spend their time fawning over some kid's jizzrag that he sold for 25 million dollars.
>>
>>2708990
boring as fuck paintings
straight outta 1822
>>
>>2709015
go finish your nigger sandwich, stupid fuck.
>>
the thing about piccaso is that he was perfectly capable of painting super serious, realistic boring crap, he chose not to
>>
File: 1475693537143.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1475693537143.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2704935
>no one here obviously
ahahahaha are you are 17 yo full of yourself or what
>>
photography is just button pushing, you let a machine do the work.
Painting is like actually being god, creating a plain of existence with your two hands, painting can also capture ideas that dont exist in reality.

I would say, ever since the invention of the camera, realism in painting is no longer necessary, its about the emotion, or the idea, or the process.
>>
>>2709015

trash as fuck opinion
straight outta 2016
>>
>>2700985
Ach, i know it's concept art and all... but i absolutely hate it when they plaster photo's of mountains and shit in there and slaps some brushstrokes over it! You can count the darn pixels and jpeg artifacts!
>>
>>2700923
>Like, do you dislike Van Gogh and the impressionists?
van gogh was an expressionist you fucking mongoloid, and no he was an aging melodramatic hack
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.