[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was he the last truly great artist? why hasn't anyone since

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: Keith-Haring-on-Street.jpg (68KB, 495x683px) Image search: [Google]
Keith-Haring-on-Street.jpg
68KB, 495x683px
was he the last truly great artist? why hasn't anyone since reached his height of popularity? did banksy rip off his shtick?
>>
who the fuck is this guy?
>>
That's not Banksy.
>>
>>2693684
keith haring you fucking retard.
>>
>>2693684
oh shit. how old are you? that might be the issue.
>>
>>2693682
He seems really nice. I remember him laughing and being happy about someone doing copy right infringement of his work. Like, they were using it for children's clothing in another country and he just chuckled and said something like he was glad it made them happy. Seems really based.
>>
>>2693689
Who the Fack is keith haring!?
>>
>>2693719
yeah I read his last big interview he did in rolling Stone before he died. all the school kids he worked with were saying he's the nicest person ever. he was a cool dude for sure. I remember going to the AGO to see an exhibit for him back in 97, was dope.
>>
>>2693682
I was a kid in the late 80s and I remember keith haring was a phenomenon in new York. you couldn't watch the news or go somewhere without people talking about him. I think he was so popular because he managed to circumvent the art critics by having his early work be so public. his messages were clear and anyone could discern them. he coined the term "crack is wack". he advocated safe sex. kids loved his work. it was vibrant and wild.
>>
>>2693731
That's really nice. Honestly, I don't like his art at all but I like him. Normally someone making shitty art and getting paid for it makes me angry but I'm cool with this guy.
>>
>>2694076
he actually did so much shit for free. like loads of murals in schools, community centers, drop in centers. he was pissed the critics and art community would jack up the prices of his work so he opened his own store where anyone could get his art without getting ass fucked. but what are some other popular artists from the last 20 years. I've been so out of the loop. banksy is the only one I've really noticed without looking into it. and that dude that painted olives.
>>
His work is bullshit imo. But hes a nice guy and i guess it has a message. I cant really appreciate something that looks like it was drawn by a 1 year old tho. Fuck you all kill yourselves.
>>
>>2694126
you should watch a video of him actually drawing his art. you might like it more.
>>
>>2693682
he needs more loomis, but he's dead.
>>
no
they have
no
>>
>>2694150
like who
>>
>>2694132
this is just the result of drawing something over and over. graffiti artists are similar with speed because they draw it in their stupid rooms all day.

you guys are way too hyped over this contemporary art shit.
>>
>>2694132
There is literally nothing impressive about this.
>>
he looks autistic and perhaps had fetal alcohol syndrome.
>>
File: keith-haring(1).jpg!Portrait.jpg (26KB, 258x400px) Image search: [Google]
keith-haring(1).jpg!Portrait.jpg
26KB, 258x400px
>>2694237
he looks fucking sick
>>
>>2694248
Yes. He died from aids. He was very sick man.
>>
>>2694248
Ignore the trolls. Everyone knows Keith was a fucking stud, a pity he was gay
>>
>>2693682
yeah he pretty much was the last ultra popular artist of the last 30 years.
>>
File: keith-haring.gif (103KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
keith-haring.gif
103KB, 500x501px
oh my so much originality such a deep message wow

jesus fuck have you guys been sniffing glue again?
>>
>>2695676
do you just hate things because they are popular. I think it looks fucking sick. that guy got me into art as a kid. if it wasn't for him I never would have cared.
>>
>>2696053
LOL
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.