[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody if you use dip pens have this problem that my hand

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dip_pen.jpg (90KB, 609x300px) Image search: [Google]
dip_pen.jpg
90KB, 609x300px
Does anybody if you use dip pens have this problem that my hand touches the ink when i draw and then it becomes all messy on the paper. I'm left handed so that might affect it, but is there anything i can do or is removing the ink possible or do i always just have to wait for it to dry so i can draw more, it's so annoying.
>>
You could try using something like a stick to lean and elevate your arm above the art on at so you aren't smudging it. Or just use scrap paper.
>>
>>2693091
Faster drawing ink or more absorbent paper. You can also try a cotton glove with the fingers cut off.
>>
>>2693112
*drying
>>
>>2693091
Don't touch the ink and use tissue paper when you need to place your hand on an area already inked. You could also put a book on the tissue and use it as rest for your hand so its a bit harder for the tissue to move and rub the ink all over the place.

Also, could be that your ink is just shit and too thick. $5 20ml bottles artist ink is crap. You are better off buying the $10-$15 250ml ink bottles and fill some smaller bottle for use, so the contents of the bigger bottle doesn't dry out.

Otherwise, there is no magic formula, paper where pigments are placed on needs to be handled with care as it can still smudge until you are done and have sprayed it with some fixative.

>>2693112
Gloves don't protect against ink smears, you will have to wash them if that happens.

They are still important when drawing because it avoids that you leave fingerprints, sweat or whatever smudges on the paper. If you ink these areas or draw with a pencil over them the smudges won't allow the pigments to adhere to the paper and the area will stay bright or show your fingerprints perfectly.

Other reason for gloves is that your hands don't stick to the paper, which makes you much faster and makes longer lines look better.
>>
>>2693091
Try working from top to botttom
>>
File: image.jpg (520KB, 1000x999px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
520KB, 1000x999px
Only thing you can do is keep your hand of the page.

If you can't do it yourself a mahl stick will help.

>>2693184

Lines drawn with dip pens take forever to dry. Nibs lay down way more ink than a brush or felt tip pen. Waiting for ink to dry really isn't an option.
>>
Draw on the upper right side of the page first.
>>
>>2693091
Look this shit up.

http://www.smudgeguard.com/

Otherwise, do what >>2693112 says and chop the fingers off some cotton gloves.
>>
>>2694031
I tried similar ones to the smudgeguard stuff and don't recommend them. They let sweat through anyway and aren't as comfortable. The wrist bands they show there are even more useless and probably dangerous to your hands.

Yeah, plain cotton gloves all day every day. Fucking comfy.

SmudgeGuard only exists so that companies can throw in some extras to their other stuff and put their label on the glove. Nobody would want to ruin a perfectly fine cotton glove with a label.
>>
>>2694031
>>2694053

Don't listen to these guys OP, it won't work.
>>
>>2694209
what won't work?
>>
>>2694484

SmudgeGuard or any other substitute.
>>
>>2695690
Yeah, you are right. My post against SmudgeGuard came out wrong. I wanted to warn against it, not suggest that you can rub over ink lines if you just put some gloves on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.