[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still post your artwork online even if it gets very little

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (12KB, 282x178px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 282x178px
Do you still post your artwork online even if it gets very little attention? Or do you find yourself doing it less and less because of that?
>>
>>2692720
I do it for me I guess
>>
I do it for criticism from others, because if i told myself that my work is the best no matter what, i might go crazy, and it would look like shit regardless. It is beyond important to know on what exactly should you improve on.
>>
>>2692720
I keep most of my artwork and studies to myself. Half because I'm never satisfied with my work, trying to improve, and half because I really don't care for the attention from strangers online. I've had a few fanart pieces that I did upload get a lot of notes and I have some fans who bug me to upload more since they like my stuff. And then you have the annoying people who make requests or want to be your friend just because they like your art. That only gets worse as you get more popular and I don't feel like dealing with that bullshit.
>>
>>2692720 There's always someone painting the same thing as you,but does it better. So I just don't bother anymore.
>>
>>2692720
I feel like art is losing it's magic online. It used to be so amazing in like early 2000's, mind blowing shit, so mysterious, "wow how did he do that!?", or the booming age of youtube painting time lapses, along with tutorials. I'm just getting older and shit does not matter to me anymore.
>>
>>2693263
I still wonder how they do that, guess I ain't a pro like you yet.
>>
I post mostly everything on my tumblr because I've got enough of a following that it feels worth the time.

Lately I've been trying to expand into facebook/twitter but it's feeling like a waste. I've gotten I think a total of 5 views on Facebook (all on the same drawing) after posting there for the better part of a week and tagging the hell out of it, Twitter isn't much better. I don't know if I'm missing something, but Tumblr wasn't remotely as slow-moving.

I used to post a lot to Deviantart but that site is a nuisance and mostly filled with people I want nothing to do with, which is a shame seeing as it's the best equipped to actually give and receive feedback.
>>
>>2692720
The only reason I post my work online is because of LAS.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.