[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would appreciate some opinion on this small landscape piece,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: outdoors.jpg (185KB, 845x512px) Image search: [Google]
outdoors.jpg
185KB, 845x512px
Would appreciate some opinion on this small landscape piece, a5 size. Pencil.
>>
>>2691724
nice,nice.
Next step is to get some values in there. Do more of these referenced ones and try to get the perspective more intuitively + set up a basic value base.
Also try invent some forms and perspective from memory, as it looks like you got the basic perspective rules down ok.
Anyways nice effort and keep training
>>
>>2691732
thanks this was sitting out the back of my house, I don't usually draw landscapes, it was a tough one due to working small but still trying for small details on proper perspective like the bricks etc.
>>
>>2691724
hose looks weak
>>
>>2691786
that's a snake, joke.
>>
>>2691724
Easily the biggest basic problem are those round objects. The bucket thing's off and the chimney thing's off.

Try drawing cubes and inscribing circles into the faces. Then trying connecting the circles to form cylinders. Then try drawing the cylinders within cubes from different perspectives, and dividing the cube/cylinder into layers so you draw the circle in perspective a whole bunch of different ways.

You're at a stage where you sort of know it's not an ellipse (although that would look better than the lens thing you've got going on), it's more like an ovoid mostly. Just practise a bunch and you'll get it.
>>
File: fixed.png (456KB, 846x513px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
456KB, 846x513px
i numbered your problems OP, there's more but these are the most annoying:
1.-the upper line of the window wasn't parallel to the line of the roof, i lined a red window that looks how it should look
2.- the "wood" on the circle is a bit rounded on the top left, but what triggers me more is the line drawn in the middle of the wood, the one that gows all the way to the floor, it's not parallel to the other lines
3.-the perspective of the trash can/bucket makes it look weird, as if another artist added it after the work was finished, it would look more appealing if it was a bit more plain as shown by the red oval i drew overlapped

overall its pretty good, and most likely these errors appeared because either you got lazy or you picked up that drawing a week after starting it, just work your parallel lines and you will be fine OP
>>
>>2691724
Really loving this piece desu, I love landscape art a lot. Keep it up man
>>
>>2691724
can has its own vanishing point.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.