[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want a portable drawing tablet. is the cintiq companion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: cintiq-companion2-02-g.jpg (71KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
cintiq-companion2-02-g.jpg
71KB, 960x640px
I really want a portable drawing tablet.

is the cintiq companion 2 worth it? or should I try to get a windows surface pro 4?

I'd really like to hear what you guys have to say about these things. your opinion.
I'm all up for the cintiq companion 2 BUT amazon reviews scare me, and I have no problem spending that kind of money but I don't want to have a 50-50 chance of it working.

the surface pro 4 seems nice but people say those have a battery problem and that it's not as good as the wacom.

should I just wait it out? if so, when is wacom going to come up with something new? should I have to wait like 2-3 more years or what? I don't think I'm up to waiting that much.
I don't know if the ipad will be worth it because I mainly use windows systems

you guys would help me greatly, so thank you in advance
>>
>>2691723
The companion will be better for drawing, but the surface will be a better computer overall.

I'm sure you've already read all the issues that the companion can have. IIRC the surface pro 3 had some line accuracy issues if you drew lines very slowly. Don't know if that's also the case with the 4.

Something worth noting about the companion is that it uses a 5th gen intel mobile processor. We're currently on 7th gen. You will be buying a somewhat outdated computer. You'd have to research benchmark comparisons to get an idea of what that means in real world use. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a companion 3 in late '17 early '18.

You also need to really ask yourself if you want or need a portable tablet. The top model companion runs for $1800 on amazon. You could instead buy a $800 cintiqHD, and still have $1000 to build a desktop that will blow the companion 2 out of the water.
>>
>>2691723
I have a cintiq companion 2 and it was the best move i've made.
I've had no trouble with it apart from something having to restore the settings and shortcuts - but that only takes a minute.
>>
>>2691723
I've had a Surface 3 and drawing on it was pretty crap... Sold it after a few months. The accuracy and responsiveness just wasn't what I'd hoped (don't trust the YouTube reviews) I don't have a Companion, but it looks like it's an experience pretty similar to a regular 13" Cintiq (just portable), so I'm willing to bet it would be a better option if your main reason for getting this is to have a portable drawing device. But yeah, it's got a fatter price tag.
>>
i have a surface pro 3 and its been my main drawing tablet for a few years now. I think it's been alright, though I don't have much to compare it to cause I've never touched a cintiq before. the only thing with my pro 3 is that it lags sometimes if i'm working on a large document with many many layers, but this is probably because i have an i5 surface pro 3
>>
Cintiq has better grit. It's pretty important for me, I don't like feeling like I'm drawing on smooth glass.
>>
>>2691723

I got a Companion 2. The drawing experience is very sweet. But its battery sucks, so I feel like I'm near a wall charger all the time. But otherwise, drawing is real nice.

I've seen a lot of reviews before I took the plunge. I also had the displeasure of owning the first gen Companion. The Comp2 doesn't have the charging problem as the jack port is noticeably reinforced. A lot of people confuse the two.
>>
It may also be worth looking into the ipad pro and apple pencil. Procreate is really good.
>>
>>2691731
Op, what this anon said here.

Mobility sounds really good, but I wouldn't exchange that for desktop version. For now invest in Cintiq 13HD and good desktop, later you can focus to get Companion or something similar.
>>
>>2691723
I reviewed both on my site. Maybe they can help you make a more informed decision.

https://www.artsartreviews.com/2016/06/23/wacom-cintiq-companion-2-review/

https://www.artsartreviews.com/2016/06/16/microsoft-surface-pro-4-review/
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.