[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is your obsession with drawing as unhealthy as mine? >be in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Is your obsession with drawing as unhealthy as mine?
>be in art school, go on if
>people rip me a new one for my first few posts on ic and k can't stand it, completely fuels my self improvement for the next few years
>bad social anxiety in art school, feel like it's impossible for me to talk to people unless I can show them I'm good
>I'm shit so I sit every day quietly in class not talking to a souls, just listening and drawing
>finally make a breakthrough, have a great crit ft my illustrations in art school, basically no hard dicks, nothing bad said
>people used to tear me new ones all the time on ic, now sometimes they say nice things (that says a lot for ic)
>now I'm able to talk to people, makes lots of art school friends, feel comfortable talking to literally almost anyone

This is great except
>now I can't fucking draw.

Can't tell if this is a symptom of outside stress or that I'm just that pathetic that I only cared about gaining people's respect
>>
>>2690141
It's quite clear that your neuroplasticity has hardened, your ligameme has cramped up, and your spark has fizzled. You're done. You gave it a shot but it just wasn't meant to be. You were never going to make it.
>>
>>2690141
lol not gonna make it
>>
>>2690141
Post your work.
>>
>>2690141
His palms are sweaty
Knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already
Mom’s spaghetti
>>
Because you're scared of drawing something you don't like, so you keep yourself from drawing to avoid that stress
Honestly grow up with that mindset with social interactions, no one can force you, it's up to you to will yourself to do it but you've gotta put in the effort
>>
contributing heavily to me failing studies right now
>>
>>2690154
No fuck you guys, maybe later.

Also, it's the weirdest thing. I've become a horrible plebby, dad-Rock listening, Starbucks sipping, iPhone owning normalfag. What the fuck has happened. I want to get rid of this phone, but it cost like 500 dollars and I can't afford to finish paying it off and get a new one.
I'm not happier this way so I don't know why I have become it, I'm pretty miserable. All I can think about is decorating my house.
>>
>>2690175
Can you explain your problem in more detail? Why can't you 'fucking draw'? What are you even trying to say by that?
>>
>>2690175
>I'm not happier this way
Believe it or not, but many normalfags aren't happy either.

What are you even expecting?
>>
Your posts make me want to quit /ic/. I can't stand being in the vicinity of an idiot of your caliber.
>>
>>2690342
Fedora tipper detected.
>>2690333
I just have had no urge to draw, when I sit down and force myself to do it I can't picture any image in my head so I can't put it down on paper, looking at other people's drawings doesn't make me feel like I want to draw either, whereas before it was inspiring and made me feel competitive.
I've had a lot of sleep deprivation too lately though, and moved out of my parents place so have had a really different lifestyle for the past few months and had a lot of social obligations because I had to help someone a lot with their wedding, so I'm wondering if it's just too much all at once. I also had my first client which is great but ads some hectic-ness.
>>
nah its not

>got good enough to get laid solely off of my drawing ability

feels King tb,h
>>
>>2690349
>i got over my social anxiety by adopting an act, it's not making me happy, help
>being normal and cool owning iPhones is such hard work and damaging to my artistic sensibilities
>I'm stuck thinking about decorating, please shower me with sympathy

These are your posts, do you have any idea how retarded you sound? What the fuck are you even on about?
>>
>>2690364

I think I've been brainwashed.
>>
File: 1470663005550.jpg (923KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470663005550.jpg
923KB, 1400x1000px
>>2690141
Sounds like youve lost the spark. Find qt asian to motivate you to become better.
>>
>>2690414
Seems like someone else here has good taste friendo
But i don't limit myself to a single race, that's kinda spergy unless you're Asian yourself
>>
>>2690141
Join the tumblr race, Note-whoring is fucking addictive. Unless of course you already hit the 10,000 mark.
>>
>>2690414
>>2690424
>not being motivated by the desire to preserve the existence of our people and a future for white children

Why do you even bother picking up a pencil?
>>
>>2690435
But I'm black :^(
>>
>>2690434
Guess I haven't even made it that far so there's a new challenge. >>2690469
Nigga no u ain't, not OP
>>
>>2690414
Who is this cutie, Japan and Volleyball doesn't make it easy
>>
>>2690435
white children? lmao fuck white people bro. No one likes white people, not even themselves
>>
>>2690469
Even better, the afro youth could use a lot more black fathers.
>>
>>2690478
What's not to like?
>>
>>2690485
there's a reason why muslims keeps bombing whites, it's because you guys are unlikeable.
>>
>>2690489
Why would anyone care about the opinions of a pedophile warlord led death cult lmao
>>
>>2690491
well it's not the opinion you should care about, it's the bombs :^)
>>
>>2690500
That's why we're banning kebabs and building a wall :^)))
>>
>>2690508
by putting a pedophile warlord rapist in charge, good call.

but then again it's that or wife of a rapist. same shit choices for unlikeable whites.
>>
>>2690512
Obummer is a lame duck, and hilldog is ready to croak. I hope you're ready to make America great again!

This will be my last post as I don't want to invite /pol/ here.
>>
>>2690349
Sounds like you're out of the get go; not really seeking to learn anything or do anything. Health does contribute to how you feel mentally, so make sure you take care of yourself.

Get rid of things clouding your mind. For me, the internet and video-games can really fuck up my motivation to draw.

Make sure you're not taking yourself too easy, and make sure you're doing things that are progressively harder as an artist. You can actually bore yourself by not pushing yourself. What are you learning; are you even actively trying to learn anything?

Really, I still don't know much about what your problem is. But, you should try to set up goals for artistic behavior that you're not currently partaking in. Remember the outcome you're trying to achieve - re-kindle your passion. If you set a goal, you'll be more focused on dealing with this, rather than living on, numb and mad at yourself.
>>
>>2690141
fucking loser
>>
if your art school is any good, 50% of it will be on how to market your art, work for clients, collaborate with other artists, and benefit from your connections etc

if you withdraw from everyone like a sad soggy peanut you aren't making the most of your learning

and you're gonna be said peanut forever if you suspend your entire self esteem on your ability to draw good and especially on what fucking ic tells you
>>
>>2690349
you have risen your expectation of yourself, that's way you can't draw anymore, afraid of doing mistake

there is 2 ways to get ride of this artblock
>1. lower your expectations back to where they one were
>2. accept that doing mistakes is part of the learning process

I know since I also went thru this, and I did point 2. drawing is fun again, but it takes a while to get back into it
>>
File: 1399336036939.jpg (23KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
1399336036939.jpg
23KB, 370x500px
Anyone else search up local artists for one-sided rivalries?

Feeling motivated as fuck now. Especially since I'm at or above all their levels and they're making cash. Just need to apply myself more.
>>
UPDATE:
I have gotten back on the horse.
Thank you for all your unkind words, they have motivated me to prove you wrong once again.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.