[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working on a comic book for university, what would be the best

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Scan1.jpg (349KB, 1654x2338px) Image search: [Google]
Scan1.jpg
349KB, 1654x2338px
Working on a comic book for university, what would be the best way to ink my art style? I have a Wacom Intuos Pro as well so software recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks so much for the help
>>
>>2688144
Manga Studio is the best software for all kinds of comics

Also, I can't understand anything that's happening there. Learn about line weight and such
>>
>>2688939
>can't understand anything that's happening there
>university project

Looks like you're gonna get an A, OP.
>>
>>2688144
LOL unless your protagonist is being flooding by a stream of memories or they got exploded or some shit I don't think all you panels should be flying off into the distance for no reason.
>>
>>2688144
First off I damn near broke my neck tilting 90 degrees to try reading this comic.

Second, don't get so damn crazy with the paneling. "shattered glass", "slant", "overlapping" panels all get very gimmicky and distracting very fast. It's like if all the text was rainbow and various sizes and randomly wavy.

Give grid formats a chance, they'll be healthy for your storytelling. Also, I got no clue what's happening here. I'm sure it's not done yet, but as far as I can tell, a guy is somewhere where there's...gates?

You've stacked two panels on the left, so it's impossible to tell whether I read straight-down or to the right first. I'll assume to the right, but fix that shit. Someone gets punched, but I can't tell who or what is getting punched. Maybe a guard?

Then a guy's eyes roll back while fingers sort of pull it open. Maybe the puncher checking to make sure he's knocked out? Then we see shoes (the puncher's shoes?) and he's standing on a shattered ID or helmet piece or something.

My advice is this: STOP WORRYING ABOUT DOING COOL, WEIRD SHIT. Stop the slash panels, stop the tons of overlaps with small panels. Keep it simple, keep it clean, and most importantly, HAVE FUCKING CLARITY.

CLARITY.

Once your storytelling is clean enough that the average joe/your teacher can read your comic with no trouble (and no text!), you can go back in and start experimenting.

Read some Scott McCloud.

Inking is the least of your worries, you got some storytelling to fix, anon. If you are dead set on inking this (maybe deadline's coming soon) read the DC Comics guide to inking. DC comics guide books are actually really good.

Then download Kyle's Ultimate Megapack and use one of his many inking brushes to trace some professional comic pencil pages for practice. Good luck.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.