[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over the regret of not having started earlier? Back

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: old_pepe.png (77KB, 491x541px) Image search: [Google]
old_pepe.png
77KB, 491x541px
How do I get over the regret of not having started earlier? Back then I had so much time, school had a low workload and there were frequent and long holidays. Now I have to work which uses up 1/3 of my day and leaves me tired. My health isn't the best as well so I am not even sure if I will make it long enough to git gud.

How did you deal with this?
>>
I wanted to make it so badly, that I didn't care about the past. I just wanted it and so I'm still wanting it.
>>
You're wasting more time now with regret. You'll have plenty of time to feel bad when you're 90 in a hospital and you can't lift a pencil.

Focus on a desire to learn and see. Work on some mental exercises at work like watching light and shadow during boring ass meetings. If you have family/friends then focus on making gifts for them to keep you focused on a project.

You ain't dead yet fucko.
>>
By not being a whiny pussy.
>>
>>2686912
If you really want it, it won't matter. Is having started late going to stop you? If so, you might as well quit now. If not, keep trying.
>>
Realize that trying to be a perfectionist is a very bad thing and not a good thing at all like the name may suggest.

Though it must be said this is not a problem that can be solved with advice.
>>
>>2686912
Work harder in the future for the time you lost in the past my friend!
>>
Don't look back, don't look forward, draw.
>>
>>2686912
For starters you could stop wasting time on /ic/ and other places and go fucking draw.
>>
Just stop thinking about the past like: "Why am I do that?" "Why am I started too late".

Stop thinking about the future too, like: "Am I gonna make it?"

Just lift your fucking pen, and draw. If you don't start running, then nothing will change.
>>
Even if you had started earlier there would be something else to get you down. If you didn't go to art school let's say, or if you had chosen a different medium, or if I had more life experience instead of art experience my art wouldn't be such shit, or if you had read so-and-so earlier you would be at a different level right now, what the fuck, etc.

There's always gonna be a "what if" to want to hold you back. All of those are mine but I do my best to shoo them away and draw anyway cause I always feel 1000x worse If I don't draw for long periods of time.
>>
>>2689798
>im still 17
MMMMMMOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDSSSSSS
>>
>>2686912

If I may ask, how old are you?

>>2689798
>>2689803

Eh atleast he's coming to /ic/ for critique and looking for improvement/contemplating on his art rather than dwindling in shit. More mature than some members I see.
>>
>>2686912
You work.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.