[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be growing artist >studying and learning to internalizing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 15

File: 202389478382.jpg (139KB, 480x1440px) Image search: [Google]
202389478382.jpg
139KB, 480x1440px
>be growing artist
>studying and learning to internalizing human anatomy
>gain fetish for specific anatomical definition/landmarks in the process
>clavicle+sternomastoid in particular
>mfw

What are some of your personal favorite bones, muscles and general anatomical landmarks to look out for while drawing?
>>
File: 8j7PgGYtTJo.jpg (105KB, 670x513px) Image search: [Google]
8j7PgGYtTJo.jpg
105KB, 670x513px
>>2682841
Forearms especially near the elbow are objectively the best. The way the supinators create that little hollow by the elbow when the arm is straightened...hhhnnngghhhh.

Serratus muscles are a second though as they look really nice the way they fan out.
>>
I wouldn't call it a fetish but I love simplifying arms and legs
Capturing the flow of the muscles with just the right amount of lines is pretty neat
>>
Back of women's neck, knees.
>>
>>2682846
Where to get more drawings like this? Shoulder girdle/neck/face in particular

>>2682841
Wrists and knees. I had been studying the hand/wrist and had the opportunity to draw my crush, she agreed to sit for a quick live sketch. I made a bunch of comments about her wrists because they were genuinely fascinating (delicate and way long, like she had mutant carpals). I realized after she must have thought I had some sort of perverse erection.
>>
>>2685905
>Where to get more drawings like this? Shoulder girdle/neck/face in particular
They're academic studies from Russia. There's a few books of the stuff and lots of images floating around online. I have a giant set of folders of it that I grabbed as a zip from here once, maybe someone else can post a link.
>>
File: lizard2.jpg (131KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
lizard2.jpg
131KB, 500x301px
>>2682846
hey.... that's actually pretty hot
>>
>>2682846
SAME, before I hop in the shower in the morning, I'll straighten out my arm and look at that little divot in the mirror. It's a lot of fun to draw, and probably my main landmark for the arm.
>>
File: Scan_6__700_grande.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scan_6__700_grande.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
the ASIS is my fetish, its one thing that makes me love kjg he always has a good one in there, and the upper shoulder muscles if they are done nicely
>>
File: ingres117.jpg (494KB, 900x675px)
ingres117.jpg
494KB, 900x675px
>>2682841
after doing so much figure drawing and anatomy studies I have tons of favorites, most of them being bone landmarks.

clavicle + sternocleidomastoid
the triangle that both condyles and the radius form
the armpit and the fucking mess of muscles it is (pec, lat, infraspinatus, teres major and minor, corabrachialis and anything I am forgetting about)
the ASIS (Mostly where the Obliques Insert and the separation it has)
the PSIS (Michaelis Rhomboid to be precise, but the not-so clear separation between the pelvic bone and the butt is actually pretty nice and has a unique rythm to it)
The ham strings from the back (the hollow they form in the back of the knee and the H shape they make, specially nice in women)

Really love the way the body works, I used to wonder why would people would only study anatomy and teach it all their life but now I know why.
>>
>>2685932
>They're academic studies from Russia.

The Imperial Art Academy?
>>
File: 2rcrYIY344E.jpg (62KB, 442x604px)
2rcrYIY344E.jpg
62KB, 442x604px
>>2685996
That particular image is, yes. But there are other schools in Russia and in that zip I downloaded, pic related is from Saint Petersburg Art and Industry Academy of Baron Alexander von Stieglitz.
>>
File: pencilWarrior2.jpg (49KB, 546x600px) Image search: [Google]
pencilWarrior2.jpg
49KB, 546x600px
>>2685992
>The ham strings from the back (the hollow they form in the back of the knee and the H shape they make, specially nice in women)
Mah nigga! Also do you have a folder of Ingres drawings? The filename suggests you do. I'm interested if you are willing to upload it.
>>
File: 1453176892422.jpg (364KB, 2000x3219px) Image search: [Google]
1453176892422.jpg
364KB, 2000x3219px
>>2682841
>tfw the back is sexy as fuck to me now
>tfw back muscles on girls are a underappreciated
>tfw seeing the spinal cord when a girl bends over

The ribcage is pretty gud too, especially when the person is underweight, but not skelly territory.
>>
>>2686007
Is Russia pretty much a d/ic/kfag paradise or what?

>no bullshit classical instruction with real results
>cheap as fuck
>no sjw nonsense
>cold, dark, depressing
>>
>>2686018
i like the back and ribcage as well.
>>
File: jXY2N_qaT38.jpg (215KB, 1009x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jXY2N_qaT38.jpg
215KB, 1009x1024px
>>2686022
Ehh, yes and no. Their top schools are ridiculously tough to get into. From what I hear the only students who do get accepted have already gone through a specialized art high school and usually 1 or 2 years of some sort of intermediary art college thing, and then once they get accepted into the main academies it takes I think 7 years to graduate? It's a long time to keep grinding the boring basics. You also don't get much instruction on composition or what to do with the skills. So a lot of them are masters of life drawing but then can't do anything with those skills.

Even the best academies today too are just a pale shadow of what they used to be. The very top instructors today would be bottom of their class if you went back 100 years.
>>
File: samantha_wright_12.jpg (49KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
samantha_wright_12.jpg
49KB, 700x511px
>>2682841
I like it when girls have a good amount of fat and muscle. Not too much, but not too little. What bodytype is this called?

Too bad it's rare. I need more.
>>
>>2686024
>From what I hear the only students who do get accepted have already gone through a specialized art high school

What about this then?
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/181642-Ilya-Repin-St-Petersburg-State-Academy-of-Painting-Sculpture-and-Architecture
>>
>>2686027
It's called THICC
>>
>>2686024
>>2686064
To quote the part of thread concerning entrance exams:

>For the foreign students it's a little bit different. Foreign students are competing only among themselves. Foreign students do pay for their education at the academy (about $5,000 per year), but they have fewer seats than the Russians. Like in each group of say 10 students there would be 3 foreigners. So, in some way the competition among the foreigners is tougher, but also their level is not as high as among the Russians, so it is good that they compete only with each other.
>>
>>2686027

Bearmode. Common bodytype in competitive lifters, but still very rare in women.
>>
Sternocleidomastoid is baby's first anatomy for people who don't have aesthetic judgment yet.

I love when girls who otherwise don't look particularly fit stretch arms back such as when fixing their pony tail and I can see the teres minor stretch.

The way the muscles and femur bulge out at the back of the knee in extension, and at the sides on the bottom of the line created between the femur and the gastroc heads are very subtle bulging of the gastroc. The slight break in the line between the femur and the back of the knee. When a girl bends over and shows the hamstrings stretching at this area and above... forget about it!

The fat tightness where the pecs connect to the arm. When the arm is raised and the pecs bunches up.

The change in planes from the belly proper to below.. The vertical divide that makes it a larger curve made up of two gentle curves.

At the more lower part of the obliques where it neighbors the belly proper, it's more pronounced, yet still gentle.

When the bottom-most curve of the pubis on females is rounded gently.

The subtle division created by the border of the gluteus medius against the g max. At most angles, it's curved to follow the surface.

The part where the jaw meets the neck under the ears. It's my favorite part to look when I see a girl's head in 3/4 from behind aside from the nape.

The subtle rings around the neck in women.

When the face is tilted down and I see the angle of the eyes, more forward in the medial corner than the lateral. The definite curveness of the lower canthus at the lateral third.

The tightness of the skin against the bottom of the chin bone, and the contrast of the more muscular underbelly of the chin more towards the neck. The change is sudden, yet shallow.

When a profiled face shows cheek bone at the orbital edge slightly overlaps the flesh around the lower canthus especially when tilted so that the bottom of the face is closer to the viewer than the top of the head, as in picture.
>>
>>2686027

She literally looks like a anime character with her stubby arms and fingers
>>
>>2686027
Thick or THICK
>>
>>2686136
screenshot worthy
>>
>>2686136
>Sternocleidomastoid is baby's first anatomy for people who don't have aesthetic judgment yet.
>I like women with fat necks
FTFY
>>
>>2686180
Nope.
>I like women with womanly necks
>>
File: 1473888649817.png (257KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1473888649817.png
257KB, 720x404px
>>2686200
this happens when being overweight becomes normative state in murica.
>>
>>2686027
>>2686113
>>2686065
>>2686174
Are you people actually retarded? That's all muscle. She's not fat at all.
>>
>>2686219
Oh yeah, anon. She's totally sub 7% bodyfat.

There's fat there, not some gross fetishing amount of fat, but it's still there.
>>
>>2686329
>sub 7%
>with those round shapes
she's clearly muscular, but she also have about 15-20% bodyfat (just the right if you ask me)
>>
>>2686537
I was being sarcastic about that first part. Ma bad sarcasm doesn't translate well in text form

>just the right if you ask me

desu familia
>>
>>2686065
>>2686173
>>2686174

She looks even better in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpCbpyVYqnM
>>
>>2686008
I have a bunch of drawings that I gor form some tumblr I think? I saw it on here and saved a bunch of pictures but can't remember the name of it,
>>
File: thalia.jpg (45KB, 300x466px) Image search: [Google]
thalia.jpg
45KB, 300x466px
>>2686211
There's hundreds if not thousands of examples in high art of this type of neck or similar.
>>
for me it's probably the tits, face, and ass
>>
>>2686694
Oh, man. The way she moves. Like the clumsy movements of a heavy lifter but feminine.
>>
>>2685932
If you're talking about the Russian Academy of art, that's in Florence.

If not, still check 'em out. Good stuff.

>>2686694
how's that even possible, she looks as if Natalia Poklonskaya somehow had a baby with Evangelyne from Wakfu and boy did it turn out fine
>>
>>2686820
>Russian Academy of art, that's in Florence.
Shame I could never afford it
>>
>>2682841
you and me both mat3
>>
>>2686827
Well the actual Russian colleges are dirt cheap cuz it's russia.
>>
>>2687513
Then you need to learn Russian though
>>
>>2687518
Easier than acquiring several tens of thousands of dollars.
>>
>>2687539
It really isn't.
>>
>>2687540
Maybe if you're retarded, sure
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.