[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people make "manga tutorials" like this? >arbitrarily

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

Why do people make "manga tutorials" like this?

>arbitrarily increase the size of part of the head due to weak construction method
>pin the tail on the donkey style of placing facial features
>eyes go here because they just do

This shit makes me so mad because I wasted years of my early youth believing in this shit when I could have been studying loomis, etc. Even today people push this "draw a animu faec reel ez w 3 simple steps :)".
>>
>>2682793
>Even today people push this "draw a animu faec reel ez w 3 simple steps :)".
I have never once seen one of these recommended or pushed.
>>
I think DA mentions that making tutorials is a good way of getting yourself noticed.

But in reality, many artists, almost all artists do it. Like Kronz, Sakimichan, Illya, they all just know the fundamentals, but beginners who want to be able to do the same level of art, have no idea how to get there, so these pro artists post a "tutorial" which is really just a vague ass progression that doesn't mention all the fundamentals that go into it.

It does help sometimes, since people want to know your process, but if you ignore them, it's not like it hurts you either. So there's no problem with them.
>>
File: Sketch1762423.jpg (185KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch1762423.jpg
185KB, 1280x960px
>>2682793
I don't know, I think it helped me
>>
File: 1457207675395.jpg (87KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1457207675395.jpg
87KB, 540x482px
>>2682793
Still better than 90% of /ic/ desu senpai

I challenge all of you to draw a moeblob right now keeping proportions and symmetry in check like the one seen in the Tutorial.
>>
>>2682827
The whole point of this thread is that they are better than 90% of /ic/ and that the tutorial is total bullshit because of that.
>>
File: dasuuu.jpg (229KB, 996x791px) Image search: [Google]
dasuuu.jpg
229KB, 996x791px
>>2682827
>>
>>2682836
>tfw better than what I could do
>ywn make it
>>
>>2682836
Flip it horizontally faggot.
>>
I did this in less than 5 min without using any of these methods... I drew a big egg head and the rest was freehand...

I hate manga, so it's not something I do often

It's not as good as the original, sure... but I agree with the OP
>>
File: meh.jpg (114KB, 316x500px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
114KB, 316x500px
>>2682861
>>
>>2682857

I'm aware, it's meant to look that way.
>>
>>2682863
You've got a long face syndrome going on, features are out of proportion, you got a thousand yard stare going on, souless expression, she is smiling but again her eyes are expressionless, you do not understand how to convey form for the hair, neck is too thick, ears are up too high, and the entire face is out of perspective with the given impression that you put where as we could see the top of her head.
>>
File: wowdud.jpg (46KB, 178x256px) Image search: [Google]
wowdud.jpg
46KB, 178x256px
>>2682870
>>
File: Capture444.png (209KB, 321x276px) Image search: [Google]
Capture444.png
209KB, 321x276px
There are good artist who using advanced manga face that studied with real face and making he's own style

but these day faggots are too lazy to study basic face anatomy and make a shitty manufactured manga faces in 5 minutes it's too sad they will be a forgotten
>>
>>2682880

Cut yourself from oxygen, paedophile.
>>
>>2682884
Not today
>>
>>2682870
>features are out of proportion
Care to explain this one? I think that's a problem I might be having
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.