[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can i find a good place to give a good explanation on how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: even-amundsen-127.jpg (284KB, 1920x2030px) Image search: [Google]
even-amundsen-127.jpg
284KB, 1920x2030px
Where can i find a good place to give a good explanation on how to buy copic markers? Pic Unrelated.

Also how to use them.

Before someone asks what I mean on how to buy I mean as in how they tell you not to buy all the paint tubes for painting you only need the primaries and a couple of secondaries.
>>
>>2681617
It depends what you want. Simplest thing though is to only buy a few markers at first, and if you need more then you buy more. Most ID guys will have full sets of all the grey percentages for warm and cool, but you probably don't need that. Maybe grab something light like a 20% grey, and then a 50% grey and a black or something. See what you can do with that, and figure out whether you need some more light value ones, or some darker ones. See if you prefer warm or cool markers.
>>
>>2681624
I want to make the drawings colorful so i want both warm and cool. What should i get there?
>>
>>2681625
Oh, sorry I only ever used warm/cool greys. I never used any coloured copics before so I don't really know.
>>
>>2681617
Dude if you don't know what colors you want, you're kinda retarded.

In terms of must haves, a good skintone set and a set of greys. Don't bother with the colorless blender it is cancer to your drawings, and use these markets in a well ventilated area (i rarely do but it's not really good for you to breathe them in).

If you google similar terms you might find a post someone made on their blog about the different 72 sets. They list what colors overlap between sets (So two sets might both contain x color for instance) so if you ever decide to get a big set you can made a better decision.

I personally am fortunate enough that my local michaels started selling copics. One store I can pick them freely and bring them up front, the other i need a cashier to get them out for me (Semi-annoying because sometimes they're stupid) but i've just slowly build the collection off three sets (A 'skin color' set, a 'hair color' set, and a set of cool greys) and whatever loose colors I need as I go along. I need more reds for instance so I'm probably going to look for some shades soon that will blend well with the colors i have already.

As for how to use copics: Tons of old tutorials on deviantart that aren't garbage (and a lot geared towards the manga-way of using hem if that interests you) but honestly the best way to use them is to not be afraid of them and just practice, learn how they blend. I honestly use my lightest grey to help me blend more difficult colors together and have had a lot of success.

Just practice. Draw a bunch of shitty similar doodles and lineart them (Or if you have the ability, scan and copy your lineart and print a bunch assuming your ink won't run) and do it that way. Either way depending on how retarded u are you'll probably mess up the first couple.

Extra suggestions: Find a good white gel pen for highlights (I usually plop it on then dab it with my thumb before it dries to get a less BRIGHT WHITE highlight. colored pencil works too.
>>
If you really don't know what to buy, the small 3-sets (blending trio and color fusion) are a pretty good way to get you started, as well as a range of grays of your choice. After that, start buying individual colors you need/want, rather than get one of the large pre-made sets where you'll just end up not using most of the colors.
>>
>>2681617
buy them by color family i would recomend what i did
i buy 6 of them the fisrt time
3 greys (warm grey 1, 3, 5,)
1 skin tone
1 pale green and some random color
you need to understand how to blend them together so u need something like that
you can do this
> buy 3 cool grey (2, 4, 6 )
>buy some other cool color (like 2 blues that can goes with the cool greys )
and some other xD
>>
>>2682061
>Dude if you don't know what colors you want, you're kinda retarded.
There's a difference between want and need.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.