[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so, how do you modify loomis method to make something OTHER

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: AndrewLoomis5.png (237KB, 577x637px) Image search: [Google]
AndrewLoomis5.png
237KB, 577x637px
Okay so, how do you modify loomis method to make something OTHER than Dr. Manhattan?

Are even supposed to modify it? Or did I miss something?
>>
Yeah, you missed like the whole first chapter of Loomis where he shows you how to put different shapes together.
>>
>>2680180
You're excused, Tim
>>
Loomis didn't write his books to teach people to carbon copy his drawings. It's meant to be a constructive technique that lays foundation that you build upon.

A lot of people, especially beginners, open his book and copy his faces right out of the book. That isn't the point, that isn't what he's trying to teach you. He's trying to teach you a technique which lets you make your own faces with proper feature placement.

From the image you posted, stage 1 is the most important to know how to "replicate", stage 2 and 3 (with the strong jawline etc) can be modified.
>>
>>2680179
It's just a template for getting the general proportions and structure of the head. You modify it slightly each time based on the model.
>>
>>2680187
>>2680186
Which parts are modifiable though? All of it? I'm still a noob looking for all the information
>>
>>2680214
The features and proportions. His construction can fit to any head, so just think about how much variation there is between people. Some have tall skinny heads, some have fat round ones, some have hollowed out cheeks, some have broad faces, some have prominent jawlines, some have almost no chin etc., plus there are all the facial feature variations.
>>
>>2680214
I was completely serious. Did you not even read the book?
>>
>>2680220
I guess I haven't used it enough to know what you're talking about. Because any way I draw it, it still looks like something out of Archer.
>>
>>2680179
how about you read his fucking book, he has like a hundred different faces for you to study, and unlike >>2680186 said yes, you are supposed to copy them, that's why they're organized in plates for you to copy, starting with the basic construction to the more advanced stuff. however after copying and analyzing them you still have to go and try to do it on your own
>>
File: 2342523636.jpg (174KB, 657x941px) Image search: [Google]
2342523636.jpg
174KB, 657x941px
Literally the first couple of pages he already shows examples of how to use construction to create a variety of different face shapes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.