[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over being mentally tired from doing construction?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

How do I get over being mentally tired from doing construction?

It's easily the most draining thing for me.
Should I do exercises, or does it get easier with time?
>>
>>2677002
If I'm over thinking it, am I doing it wrong, or am I doing it right?
>>
looks nice, blog?
>>
>>2677002
I also might just be tired from working.
I always wind up drawing until 8 o' clock starting from 6, so perceived hard practice might be a non-existent feeling.
>>
>>2677005
I grabbed a random picture from google for the sake of the thread.
>>
>>2677002
>How do I get over being mentally tired from doing construction?
Git gud, not even memeing.

Either you're comfortable enough with your level to actually draw the things you want so you can slide back into a normal mindset, or you're gonna hate everything you draw and get even more burned out.

It's not you that's the problem, that's just how it goes, a few of the teachers (Vilppu being one of them iirc) tell you upfront it will happen from studying.

I don't even know how to start a normal drawing at this point, and I'm not even good with the funamentals.
>>
>>2677002
>>2677004

You should draw every complete shape at first. with time, you can come up with shortcuts.

try to do the see-through drawing with simple forms and try to do really light strokes, so you don't end with 1049418 dark lines.
>>
>>2677011
I've read on the internet to just take a quick break and do some exercise.

I have a pull-up bar, so I guess I'll do some pull-ups once I've sat down for a set period of time.
>>
>>2677011
>>2677013
OP here,
I've just done some quick exercises.

I can confirm that they're a great help. I splashed some cold water on my face, and I'm now ready to get back to it.
>>
>>2677014
>>2677018
I don't think we're talking about the same thing here.
>>
>>2677022
In a sense, we are.
It's an inability to create good, solid 3D forms on paper due to mental fatigue.

If you get it from actual fatigue or mental, exercise is always a good option.
>>
>>2677005
is kevin chen, you will get random fucks if you google it so google kchen, it has a board on pinterest with most of his drawings and a blog with his class demos.
>>
>>2677111
nice, thanks anon!
>>
>>2677002
that´s what is supposed to happen.

when you begin you will exert a lot of mental effort and will have to think really hard about it while doing it.

but after doing a lot of it your mind will "flip a switch" where this skill will come to you almost naturally and you will be doing it without even thinking.

the more practice you have the less mental effort you will need to do this thing.
>>
>>2677002

Interesting. Construction is pretty much effortless for me, but choosing the right colors from observation saps a lot of energy.
>>
>>2677536
one of K chen t.a.'s and really cool guy is FunkyMonkey1945 on DA he has a loooooot of class notes there with break downs.
>>
>>2677582
OP here
I didn't start practicing construction through form until relatively recently.
>>
>>2677582
lmaoat dat opinion, I want to see your art
>>
It all gets easier with time, it's mentally tiring because you're thinking about it. After a while you'll need to think less hard as it becomes intuitive.
>>
>>2677002
Do a sight-size. Get it perfectly right (should take ~20-30 hours), as you're supposed to. Come back to construction and realize it is to sight-size measuring as the dodge tomahawk is to a tricycle on the autobahn.
>>
villpu

feel dat form
>>
>>2677002
I think after a while most artists can do it without thinking or they draw it even without the guides and fall back on them when they cant figure out a difficult position otherwise. m9
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.